Gameplay Trailer showing Barbarian, Sorceress, Druid.  Thoughts?

• zomgod! 1

Looks like an enhanced D3.  Not like that's a bad thing. I hold console D3 in high regard. If I get back into video games in a year or two and there's a console version, I'll definitely pick up a copy.

From the trailer the game looks awesome, but will it live up to that in actual game play? It looks much improved and if I am not mistaken they have actually done away with the awkward Isometric and fixed camera view that sadly even the 3rd gen game suffered from. I am sure that it is actually  great to a lot of people, personally for me, I had hoped by even that time they would have made it more like Sacred 2 or at least go for the 3rd person perspective. One day I hope to get an XBOX One, but like with other consoles that have come before it, by the time I could afford the XBOX 360 and the PS3 most of the really great game titles are had to come by, becuse people mostly keep those ones and sell the ones that no one really wants. But someone out there will actually buy them.

I fear the situation to be exactly the same by the time I can afford to buy an XBOX One, by then it will be the XBOX :), whatever the new one will be by then, even the XBOX One is going to look and probably seem and be outdated by the the most newest arrival. I have vowed though to stop at the XBOX One, I am not too sure about the PS4, I dare say I will find most of their titles to b e availabe for the XBOX One, apart from speciffic made games for the consoles. As much as I like and love gaming. However, when are they ever goingt o just make just one console that plays every game from all of the other older consoles and let that one be the altimate one with no need to buy yet another console?

Edited by SheHawk

Looks interesting. Still a long time away though so who knows what the end product will look like.

• Like! 1

I keep looking over and over at the ingame sh

ots.... the graphics have come so far... it looks like everything is even more destructible than ever! :lol:

And...here's some more info I got:

We asked lead designer Joe Shely if it was possible to play Diablo 4 offline. "There's a large, seamless, connected, and shared space in the world, going down into dungeons, being able to group with your friends, trading and PvP. We feel that the best way to experience that is in a world that is online," Shely responded.

Looks like this is inspired by Guild Wars ...but GW only had you meeting other players within "town" dungeons as well...maybe D4 will be like this as well

Diablo 4 will feature world events, towns that act as social hubs, PvP zones, and a persistently populated open world. The decision makes sense for a more social Diablo 4, and has become the norm in the years since Diablo 3's release, which was one of the first games to adopt the then-controversial always-online approach

Always online... make sure your internet bill is paid

"We are not coming out soon. Not even 'Blizzard soon'," said director Luis Barriga.

:eek:

:cry:

gogo

p.s. We're in!

:bounce:

It looks pretty good. Like the best of Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 combined. Looks like they have learned their lesson with Diablo 3. The style is much more like Diablo 1 and 2 but the battle system like Diablo 3.

I am sure it will be a great game. I am also a fan of Diablo 3 since Reaper of Souls. It has come a long way since release and redeemed itself from it's horrible release version. And again, D4 looks like they learned their lesson.

• Like! 1

I'm still playing some D3 seasons here and there.  Looking forward to D4.

• Like! 1

I despised D3 at first due to being always online and not having key files locally installed which resulted in absolutely no mods or open server play.  I came to grips with it eventually though and the game as it currently stands is very fun, assuming you have good internet.  It has less replay value than D2 due to no mods however.

Looks like D4 is taking it a step further into MMO territory by making a persistent world where I have to bump elbows with people.  That's a very hard pill to swallow.  Above all, I like to game alone.

On the other hand, everything about how the game looks is amazing.  The abilities and the aesthetic look fantastic.

• Like! 1

I was surprised to see this on my recommendations and said to myself "for reals?" (not an April Fools joke?) and I must say that they really embraced the darkness once again on this one. Bloody, dark and gothic just like the ambience of 1 and 2 I agree. Personally, I just like that they brought back the Zann Esu Sorceress and the Druid. Faves

There's another trailer that's longer, much more graphic and teases something about the story. If you haven't seen it yet ...

and if you're one who likes to anticipate, here's an article I've come across while night reading. D4 skills from the demo: https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/2/20944397/diablo-4-character-classes-abilities-sorceress-druid-barbarian

• Like! 1

There is so much info that has been revealed and I think I've spent way too much too much time watching ingame footage... 

Hola... this world is so large we're going to need... wait for it... Mounts!

:bounce:

gogo

wi

On 11/4/2019 at 5:01 PM, kriv said:

I'm still playing some D3 seasons here and there.  Looking forward to D4.

Kriv,  do you have latest expansion ? I'd love to dabble if you ever play MP .. Americas servers or European?

:wizard:

gogo