Sacred Downloads - SACRED RESKINS: DARK GUI

28 minutes ago, Dax said:

Ah, too much praise! It´s just a single screen and it was fun making it. But I´m
glad you like it!

Well, let´s see who´s next.
Shall we rework the combat arts, if our current projects are done? The colors
don´t fit anymore. They feel so old and outdated.

Actually, I'm partial to black and violet in general which also explains my seraphim mod and why I like your creation so much :lol: That would be nice and I agree that the colors don't fit but please bear with me as I finish my other projects. I have some stuff to add to my seras and I might upload them same time as I include screenshots. It will take quite a long while. I'll just send you a buzz here if I'm all good.

1 hour ago, Dax said:

Shall we rework the combat arts, if our current projects are done? The colors
don´t fit anymore. They feel so old and outdated.

I can speak from experience and say that making new Combat Art icons is a very fun project.

Awesome that the old S1 gold UI is put back together.  Great work!

I'm tweaking the Inferno UI.  I'm not sure it will merge well with what you guys are doing, will probably have to be an alternative skin.

• Like! 1
39 minutes ago, Flix said:

I can speak from experience and say that making new Combat Art icons is a very fun project.

Awesome that the old S1 gold UI is put back together.  Great work!

I'm tweaking the Inferno UI.  I'm not sure it will merge well with what you guys are doing, will probably have to be an alternative skin.

I was actually thinking of just adding filters or adjusting the colors to make them look flatter and darker. I'm not a real artist :cry: I only try to get by with the mods I make :lol: But yes, you really killed it with your Sacred 2 EE icons. Legit stuff! Thanks for the praise but I can't take all credit, you were the one to recommend it to me good sir so Thanks to you too!

Just fire away and let your creative process unfold naturally. There's always room for add-ons and it's easier to work on something if you already have a base theme. If it were me I'd just ask @Dax to recolor his stuff to your color scheme (cuz I'm not as creative with screens as him HAHA!). We can help even with the minor stuff if ever you need some :smile: Good luck!

Edited by Ysendra
  • Like! 1

Hard to believe that the makers dumped the golden GUI! It looks great, judging by the screenshots.
A good choice for gamers that prefer to play the good guys. Working on the Dark GUI becomes far
more challenging now. We face a real bigshot here.  

@ Ysendra
Get your job done as you see fit, don´t forget to spend some hours ingame too. I´ll take on the missing
screens, savegame and main menu, after that I´ll have a look at spells and combat arts.

@ Flix
Hellish inferno goes hand in hand with lava and obsidian. I don´t see a bigger problem. If assistance
is needed, just let me know and I see what I can do.

Edited by Dax
  • Respect! 1

Hello flix

I know you´re busy with the inferno gui, but let me ask a question:

Are you interested in reworking effects? I had a community project in mind, maybe as a christmas present. Currently, our work, yours, Yesendra´s and mine,

is ineffective.  We work roughly toward the same goal, but I guess the result would be far better, if we team up.

Imagine an installer/uninstaller, filled with the latest mods, fresh gui´s, skins, effects and Sacred Reborn. All eggs in one basket. What do you think? 

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, Dax said:

Hello flix

I know you´re busy with the inferno gui, but let me ask a question:

Are you interested in reworking effects? I had a community project in mind, maybe as a christmas present. Currently, our work, yours, Yesendra´s and mine,

is ineffective.  We work roughly toward the same goal, but I guess the result would be far better, if we team up.

Imagine an installer/uninstaller, filled with the latest mods, fresh gui´s, skins, effects and Sacred Reborn. All eggs in one basket. What do you think? 

I appreciate your enthusiasm to collaborate Dax. I'm not sure every mod for Sacred 1 needs to be part of a single unified project though.  Part of the fun is shopping around for different ideas.  Tell you what, I'll upload my Inferno UI soon, and if you want to use parts of it in whatever you put together, that's fine as long as I'm credited somewhere.

• Like! 1

Ok. I understand. There aren´t much mods for Sacred 1 currently, so roaming the download section and picking stuff is a
matter of minutes.
I rather thought of all the content that makes it into the players override. Until now, the amount is tiny, but imagine a
texture mod for example. The problem is not to pump everything into the override folder, the problem is to get rid of
certain mods without damaging other overrides. That´s why I had an installer in mind.

That´s nice work Flix! Are you still working on the gui? I suggest to reduce gamma a tiny bit. Maybe -0,15 points. The gui will become darker and the lava glows more. Give it a try. IrfanView is an excellent software to do some changes quickly. Despite it´s just an image viewer, it has a lot of great functions and is 100% free. 

• Thanks! 1
On 11/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, Dax said:

Ysendra, could you take a look at your HUD again? I´ve found out that it looks better if the white symbols, like iventory, map and so on, turn into grey
or a dull silver.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been meaning to add other button+weapon slot colors just to have a little variety. I'd include a grey one as well. And also after that, If anyone else would be reading this, I might lay low on the uploads for a while. Everything is a little out of whack for me in terms of modding and I'm also a little busy with real life stuff as of the moment. Just a nice little heads up.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Dax said:

Well, I am glad that there is no infighting. I must admit that I had some doubts now and then. As I mentioned already, I will give credits to everyone involved, does not matter how much.

And before you make it finally back to your rock Ysendra, Id like to throw some files after you with the plea to take a professional look at them. I am too clumsy for it. PM me if you got some time left.

I am only just beginning to ease myself into that Sacred headspace once more, so I really don't think I would be of much credible help to you. You know I still haven't finished the game right? If these are files in need of checking you know you can always upload pictures here or make attachments. Members more acquainted to the game and definitely more active than me would be more than willing to share their thoughts. You've always been public with your updates please don't skip the others now.

If it is advice you need, I can share some not as a modder but as an end-user. You see, only a fraction of the members post and comment. I believe you know that by now. I try to speak for the hundreds who don't. Probably because they're not exactly confident with their English skills, or they are not good at socializing (like me obviously), or simply because they trust you know what you do (also me). As an end-user, I think it's wise for a modder to choose default files for his or her mod, the one he or she gravitates toward, plug-and-play style. But if you really can't decide, upload all other alternatives buffet style and let the user choose what he or she wants.

You'll be fine. We fans will take what we can. If you ever find that you want to change anything in your final product you can always revise and reupload it. Besides, I trust your artistic guts more than mine.