Sign in to follow this  
Ysendra

Sacred Downloads - SACRED RESKINS: DARK GUI

nice work on the bridles, Dax... specially like the texture on the chainmail

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I vote for a black horse, but no blood... or even cooler add blood to the legs like your horse was stomping on the badies! Otherwise, I always thought that sort of detail looks odd once you add a saddle and it takes away from the really cool looking ones. Otherwise, I think those graphics look awesome!

• Like! 1

Thanks for the feedback both of you!

Well, ~Night.Wolfe~ I think I will add both versions to the download. Blood splattered and pure black. Currently, I have to make sure that the bridles fit the colors, all the blood does not come in handy to be honest. It makes the horse look cool and tough, but it also limits the possibilities.

Just in case that someone asks where all the blood on the horse comes from, Gobs watched the famous #How to stop a 40 ton road train with my teeth - lifehack video. (Obviously there was some kind of misunderstanding.)  

Sorry for tormenting you with my last screenshots. In a fit of rage I simply turned the whole horse texture black. I will take care of it these days. Here are the bridles again, a bit closer this time. To finish all of them until the end of the week is a bit optimistic, since there are quite many bridles, 23 at all and I am running out of colors.

1.png

49 minutes ago, Dax said:

I am running out of colors.

rhinoponyplus200g.jpg?v=1535167153

:lol:

gogo

Wow! There is even a hatch at the tail! Horsewaffle(?) seems to be a good product!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Finished the last of the light bridles today, obviously they are bound to some kind of status table. Some bridles got nice and useful stats, like high att/def bonus, great speed, or extra resistance vs a certain damage type, others are utter trash. I am sorting them currently, so that trash bridles do not have a top texture, while the good ones got nothing.

2.png

Well, thanks for the kind words, Flix. I will remember your advice, be assured.

Edited by Dax
  • Like! 1

More bridles incoming.

2.png

oooh leopard skin!

for the inquisitor's wife?

:devil:

gogo

Posted (edited)

Hehe, no. The leopard bridle is one the games trash bridles. I gave it a texture quickly just in case that someone stumbles across it and it has some boni that come in handy for some reason. 

Edited by Dax

great idea for a texture.  amusing and novel .. specially for a leather bridle 

:lol:

gogo

8 hours ago, Sonichi said:

I came to the forums just to thank you for your work on this fantastic game. I am so eagerly anticipating the release of this mod for Sacred Gold and the similar project for Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition. I love lore friendly additions like this and the custom art adds so much flavor to an already rich world. Please keep up the great work it is much appreciated. Thank you.

Wow, Sonichi I believe you will have made a life-long friend with a terrific first post like that.  Great appreciation for Dax!

:JC_hurrah:

gogo

• Like! 1

12 hours ago, Sonichi said:

I came to the forums just to thank you for your work on this fantastic game. I am so eagerly anticipating the release of this mod for Sacred Gold and the similar project for Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition. I love lore friendly additions like this and the custom art adds so much flavor to an already rich world. Please keep up the great work it is much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for the kind words Sonichi, much appreciated. Working on Sacred is fun and burden at the same time, but I believe it is worth it. I am hoping for a standalone until the beginning of July. After that I will see how it goes. I assume OLKs will change some not so useful combat arts too, like Throwing Blades, or Hunter Seeker. I will adapt then to the new version.

Well, I am glad that there is no infighting. I must admit that I had some doubts now and then. As I mentioned already, I will give credits to everyone involved, does not matter how much.

And before you make it finally back to your rock Ysendra, Id like to throw some files after you with the plea to take a professional look at them. I am too clumsy for it. PM me if you got some time left.

17 hours ago, Dax said:

Well, I am glad that there is no infighting. I must admit that I had some doubts now and then. As I mentioned already, I will give credits to everyone involved, does not matter how much.

And before you make it finally back to your rock Ysendra, Id like to throw some files after you with the plea to take a professional look at them. I am too clumsy for it. PM me if you got some time left.

I am only just beginning to ease myself into that Sacred headspace once more, so I really don't think I would be of much credible help to you. You know I still haven't finished the game right? If these are files in need of checking you know you can always upload pictures here or make attachments. Members more acquainted to the game and definitely more active than me would be more than willing to share their thoughts. You've always been public with your updates please don't skip the others now.

If it is advice you need, I can share some not as a modder but as an end-user. You see, only a fraction of the members post and comment. I believe you know that by now. I try to speak for the hundreds who don't. Probably because they're not exactly confident with their English skills, or they are not good at socializing (like me obviously), or simply because they trust you know what you do (also me). As an end-user, I think it's wise for a modder to choose default files for his or her mod, the one he or she gravitates toward, plug-and-play style. But if you really can't decide, upload all other alternatives buffet style and let the user choose what he or she wants.

You'll be fine. We fans will take what we can. If you ever find that you want to change anything in your final product you can always revise and reupload it. Besides, I trust your artistic guts more than mine.

I understand. It was about a character skin to be honest. Something that is out of my reach. That is why I asked. I shall give it a try one day. Hope you stay here this time and dont dust off for the next six months.