Need help, stuck in Silver

Elric of Grans

I recently reinstalled Sacred 2 Gold (Steam) with the CM Patch.  Having changed PCs since I last played, I had now lost all my characters (d'oh!).  I decided I would just restart them all, beginning with what had been my only Platinum character: a hybrid Seraphim (I used Rocker's Celestial Dual Wield guide).  I have got through most of Silver with little difficulty, but I have hit a massive roadblock with the Nameless Guardians.  I killed the first three without any issue, but cannot make a dent on the fourth.  He does about 2/3 of my health per hit and kills me faster than I can heal.

My Seraphim is lvl42 with 2,165 HP.  I have three pairs of weapons (one set each for Magic, Fire, and Ice damage); I intend to make a fourth once I have two more decent weapons.  Against the final guardian I was using my Fire set.  So far I have put every attribute point into Stamina.  I typically use either a Combo of Radiant Pillar+Pelting Strikes, or a Combo of Hallowed Restoration+Pelting Strikes (always the latter against bosses) and typically have Battle Stance active (unless mostly fighting Undead/T-Mutants).  Against bosses I used Dashing Alacrity when it comes off cooldown.

When buffed my Attack is 531 and Defense is 321, Spell Intensity 128 and Spell Resistance 155.  My base weapon damage is 546-688 and my armour is 779 Physical / 434 Magic (I was fighting him with my magic Relics selected).  I have 1.2% all damage mitigation, -14.6% all reduced DoT, +40 life leech per hit.

My Skills: Tactics Lore (42+5), Armor Lore (42+9), Dual Wield (8+5), Celestial Magic Lore (42+3), Combat Discipline (1), Celestial Magic Focus (1+7), Exalted Warrior Focus (1+3), Constitution (1+5).

My Modifications:

• Pelting Strikes (2+5): Succession, Enfeeble, Precision.
  • Dashing Alacrity (1+1): Bloodlust.
  • Battle Stance (1+4): Premonition, Flexibility, Retaliation.
  • Radiant Pillar (2): Hypnosis, Brightness, Ordeal.
  • Hallowed Restoration (3): Recuperation.
  • Cleansing Brilliance (3): Distract, Purify, Illuminate.

Any suggestions on how I can get over this hump and get into Gold?

My two cents.

First if you're going against the final Guardian you should use Poison relics. Then if you're being hit that hard maybe you should invest a bit in better gear, maybe try and grab some amulets that boost defensive abilities. Since you're dropping everything in STA and you have low Constitution your total HP is lower than it could be. Maybe try and socket some jewellery giving +HP bonus too. How fast does Pelting Strikes execute? Because with a low Dual Wield value your attack speed may also be lower than it should, and the execution speed of PS is regulated by attack speed. So again there's something you can improve to be able to hit faster.

The final Guardian has high HP and hits like a brick, so your best chances are to be well covered in terms of HP/HP regen, hit hard and fast and get to a safe distance. If he stuns you then you're likely to die. See if using Divine Protection helps, even unmodified and at level 1.

1 hour ago, Sagittary said:

Same exact situation here except with my Demon versus D'Cay the desert Dragon. I can stand all day and hit her but she just won't even take a scratch from me. LOL

Isn't that in Sacred 1?

• Thanks! 1
33 minutes ago, Androdion said:

My two cents.

First if you're going against the final Guardian you should use Poison relics. Then if you're being hit that hard maybe you should invest a bit in better gear, maybe try and grab some amulets that boost defensive abilities. Since you're dropping everything in STA and you have low Constitution your total HP is lower than it could be. Maybe try and socket some jewellery giving +HP bonus too. How fast does Pelting Strikes execute? Because with a low Dual Wield value your attack speed may also be lower than it should, and the execution speed of PS is regulated by attack speed. So again there's something you can improve to be able to hit faster.

The final Guardian has high HP and hits like a brick, so your best chances are to be well covered in terms of HP/HP regen, hit hard and fast and get to a safe distance. If he stuns you then you're likely to die. See if using Divine Protection helps, even unmodified and at level 1.

Isn't that in Sacred 1?

Oh well I missed out on that, sorry. I thought there was something jinxed about silver in the mod. Nvm

56 minutes ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

Easiest way to defeat the final guardians, lure them out of that room they're in as their T-energy shield wouldn't be restored.

This is a great tip Thorin!

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

Easiest way to defeat the final guardians, lure them out of that room they're in as their T-energy shield wouldn't be restored.

Once you got them into the hallways, use a Assailing Somersault - Pelting Strikes combo at them to get within range and do as much damage as possible, then run away to make sure you won't be hit much.

As long as you make sure it remains in the hallways / corridor, you should be able to defeat them.

Thorin :)

On rare occasions, the subsequent Guardians won't activate. In that case,  reload and try again.

Thanks for the replies.  I will try the hit-and-run combo, but I will try and improve my gear first (more HP, attack speed, perhaps block:stun).  What would you suggest is the most efficient way to improve my gear?  I would imagine, lacking Bargaining, that shops are unlikely to help.  I could keep running the first three Guardians (which were easy enough) and then save/quit, but the first time I hit them up I only got a pile of trash so it may not be efficient.  Would the Orc Cave be a good plan?

The area northwest of Garganthropod's lair has a huge number of scorpions and stone warriors, with a lot of elites. And yeah it's an open space so it's easier to run if you get in trouble. The southeastern part of the Swamp is ripe with mobs and a great grinding point, but it's dangerous and you could find yourself trying to run away only to face two dozen mobs in your way.

The Orc Cave is nice but you really can't loot the chests because otherwise the spawn point is lost. Try doing mini-bosses or long chain quests. The Evocator in Artamark has a long quest leading to it, the one in Khorum where the commander at the entrance of the town asks you for help is another one. Stuff like that will get you big chances to get rewarded with better gear.

• Thanks! 1
On 11/9/2019 at 9:22 AM, Elric of Grans said:

Thanks for the replies.  I will try the hit-and-run combo, but I will try and improve my gear first (more HP, attack speed, perhaps block:stun).  What would you suggest is the most efficient way to improve my gear?  I would imagine, lacking Bargaining, that shops are unlikely to help.  I could keep running the first three Guardians (which were easy enough) and then save/quit, but the first time I hit them up I only got a pile of trash so it may not be efficient.  Would the Orc Cave be a good plan?

I like farming the Poison lord - he's close to a portal, easy to run to with a mount, easy to kill, and drops set items on almost every run, sometimes two at a time. If you need experience, the turtles on the way to him are also easy to kill and give above average experience. 

• Like! 1

True that, but that area tends to get a bit dangerous in higher difficulties. Turtle elites have reflect and stun and you can find yourself in a pickle very fast, and the Poison Lord (as all other elemental bosses) gets really high resists and elemental damage with increased difficulty level so it's not a sure thing if you're behind the curve. It's a fast grinding spot sure but it can be more dangerous than the other places mentioned above.

7 hours ago, Androdion said:

True that, but that area tends to get a bit dangerous in higher difficulties. Turtle elites have reflect and stun and you can find yourself in a pickle very fast, and the Poison Lord (as all other elemental bosses) gets really high resists and elemental damage with increased difficulty level so it's not a sure thing if you're behind the curve. It's a fast grinding spot sure but it can be more dangerous than the other places mentioned above.

Hm, well, I guess I haven't been there with a Seraphim recently. My High elves blasts through that place on platinum and niob with ease. Still, the reflecting turtles can be ignored and having enough elemental resistance is a must on high difficulties anyway. 

Dunno, depends on the character/build I guess. :)