The Dungeon Of Moxdoon

SheHawk

The Dungeon Of Moxdoon was my very first attempt at doing a 3D Dungeon level design, I do not take credit for the original design, from which I found in Google Images in my search for Dungeon Maps, but the texturing, building and making the dungeon image into a 3D model are all of my own work, all textures used for this particular dungeon, are curtesy of Google Images, that I use for my personal own Textures Library. I have quite a collection of textures, without which, none of my models would have been possible. Oh by the way can anyone please let me know if I am using the correct category please? I mean if my understanding is correct the Sketchup Warehouse is a sort of media? Sorry if not, I will use the general public forums topic in future should this topic not be the right one. I will share with you all here all of the other Dungeon Level Designs that I have made so far. I hope you all like this one?

The Dungeon Of Moxdoon: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/35740021-a268-45ee-a5de-4ac4bc6bef0f/The-Dungeon-Of-Moxdoon

Edited by SheHawk
  • Appreciation 1
11 hours ago, SheHawk said:

The Dungeon Of Moxdoon was my very first attempt at doing a 3D Dungeon level design, I do not take credit for the original design, from which I found in Google Images in my search for Dungeon Maps, but the texturing, building and making the dungeon image into a 3D model are all of my own work, all textures used for this particular dungeon, are curtesy of Google Images, that I use for my personal own Textures Library. I have quite a collection of textures, without which, none of my models would have been possible. Oh by the way can anyone please let me know if I am using the correct category please? I mean if my understanding is correct the Sketchup Warehouse is a sort of media? Sorry if not, I will use the general public forums topic in future should this topic not be the right one. I will share with you all here all of the other Dungeon Level Designs that I have made so far. I hope you all like this one?

The Dungeon Of Moxdoon: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/35740021-a268-45ee-a5de-4ac4bc6bef0f/The-Dungeon-Of-Moxdoon

Love the look of this dungeon... very old-school "D and dee'eey"

.. my background^^...

And... ESPECIALLY love the name you've given it... Moxdoon...it reminds me of a moment  from a book I like to indulge in now and again ... Elminster in Hell

hell.jpg

.. a scene where a mage gets trapped deep underneath the ground in an evil ancient Litch's lair as he gets ready to eat her while pasting her with "arundoon" sauce... something only a vile Litch could dream up

:oooo:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
On 11/8/2019 at 10:45 PM, gogoblender said:

Love the look of this dungeon... very old-school "D and dee'eey"

.. my background^^...

And... ESPECIALLY love the name you've given it... Moxdoon...it reminds me of a moment  from a book I like to indulge in now and again ... Elminster in Hell

hell.jpg

.. a scene where a mage gets trapped deep underneath the ground in an evil ancient Litch's lair as he gets ready to eat her while pasting her with "arundoon" sauce... something only a vile Litch could dream up

:oooo:

gogo

Thank you Gogo, I am so happy that you like the name of the Dungeon, I nearly almost went for Moxdoon, but that did not seem right and doom fits far better. I am not too sure where I get the name Mox from, but it is very D&D in it's title and I am so glad that you like the style I chose for this dungeon, I so wantd to go with that old style D&D look. Thanks to Google Images I found a lot of fantastic textures that I could use in Sketchup, in fact, I am so glad that it has the function for adding peronalised textures than what it has built in, in it's own inbuilt textures library that is part of the paint bucket tool. No way would I have been able to do this and my other dungeons or my other models even, without that function. I do not know how many other 3D programs out there that offer this type of function, it helps make cerating things so utterly fantastic. A special thank you to you too, for mentioning the book my dungeoen level design reminds you of, I am not familiar with that book, but from the cover, it looks like a good one, so thank you for sharing with me an image of that book. I have a copy of The Dragon Lance Tales, and if I am not misten, the book publishers also made D&D figures and board games, but I could be mistaken. (TSR, Inc. Wizards of the Coast.)

s-l300.jpg.caface3cd0c9cc1d163e19709265d02c.jpg

Edited by SheHawk

heh... really cool that we connect on this... just reading that word you used, textures... you nailed it .. Yah, that entire world is together...figurines, wizards of the coast, and etc... Ed GreenWood  was one of my favorite authors of the series... him and Jack Vance are the hugest influencers for me from past D and D... Jack Vance almost entirely starting it and D and D taking from him and his Dying Earth series

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1
On 11/9/2019 at 1:40 PM, gogoblender said:

heh... really cool that we connect on this... just reading that word you used, textures... you nailed it .. Yah, that entire world is together...figurines, wizards of the coast, and etc... Ed GreenWood  was one of my favorite authors of the series... him and Jack Vance are the hugest influencers for me from past D and D... Jack Vance almost entirely starting it and D and D taking from him and his Dying Earth series

:)

gogo

Thank you gogo, I agree, textures is key to any model making and always crucial to have one that fits well. I am so glad that we connect on the same thing gogo. I loved the D&D Board Game Series, I had one of them, sorry, sadly I forget which one. I am familiar with Jack Vance, I have seen his name on a few fantasy books, I used to read a lot of Fantasy & Sci-Fi novels in my youth, but it got harder and harder for me to be able to read those lovely paper backs, even when wearing reading glasses, the text on the page would blurr in my vision, I am not too sure why, anyway since then I have gone onto other kinds of books, well E-Books now, as with those you can magnify the text on the page. I have a few Kindle titles now.

Also part of why I like and prefer the Fantasy D&D sytle of games, I do not have to imagine the places as discribed in Fantasy novels, or different races. Fantasy games puts you into those kind of roles and you get to see those kinds of places and be part of the Epic Battles, that no Fantasy book that I know of, or am aware of at least, that can really put a person so vividly into a scene, that you feel like you  are almsot virtually there. If you know what I mean? Good example of this is Elderscrolls IV, Oblivion, the places there look and almost feel so real life like, it's uncanny. Sacred 2, while nowhere near that scope or level, for me at least personally I feel I am there in Ancaria, regardless, there is something so quite unique about Sacred 2 that no other Fantasy game can or has of yet been able to match it.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Like! 1