Sci Fi Game Level Concept

SheHawk

As promised, here is another show case of a dungeon like level that I made in sketchup, but this one has a Science Fiction theme to it. But I hope you all will like it all the same? Any and all coments are grately appreciated. Thank you.

Sci Fi Game Level Concept: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/0ac28d3e-8752-4045-b72e-0ef24b6ec0fc/Sci-Fi-Game-Level-Concept

Edited by SheHawk

Maybe you should take a look at Neverwinter Nights, it´s an RPG with an own toolset. The community is still highly active and their content is 100% free.

New content, like tilesets, can be added with a few klicks to the toolset. I guess it might be something for you. Check out neverwintervault.org

• Appreciation 1
18 hours ago, Dax said:

Maybe you should take a look at Neverwinter Nights, it´s an RPG with an own toolset. The community is still highly active and their content is 100% free.

New content, like tilesets, can be added with a few klicks to the toolset. I guess it might be something for you. Check out neverwintervault.org

Thank you Dax for mentioning Neverwinter Nights, I will definitely look into that, part of the reason why I use sketchup to make the dungeon levels with, is that it gives me something to make and do with the program. I have made a lot of different models now, this includes the ones from my current profile at the sketchup warehouse, but I still have an account with sketchup, via an old google account that I no longer have acces to; that is linked to the old profile, I think I did contact trimble about the issue and how I can transfer the models from the old profile to my current one that I am using, but as so far, I have not had a reply. I think I may have reached my limit as to what I can make using sketchup, though I surely hope not.

22 hours ago, SheHawk said:

As promised, here is another show case of a dungeon like level that I made in sketchup, but this one has a Science Fiction theme to it. But I hope you all will like it all the same? Any and all coments are grately appreciated. Thank you.

Sci Fi Game Level Concept: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/0ac28d3e-8752-4045-b72e-0ef24b6ec0fc/Sci-Fi-Game-Level-Concept

comes off to me as being very lovecraftian..if that makes any sense? maybe the curves and tentacularesque design of the curls ...the color too^

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1

Lovecraft wrote a lot of stories about sunken cities and underwater ruins, not to mention his creation Cthulhu which had a head like a squid with writhing green tentacles.  You dungeon kind of evokes both.  I like it!

image.thumb.png.1d33e10dd5bd8cbb7d7cf57de3ae8dc3.png

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, Flix said:

Lovecraft wrote a lot of stories about sunken cities and underwater ruins, not to mention his creation Cthulhu which had a head like a squid with writhing green tentacles.  You dungeon kind of evokes both.  I like it!

image.thumb.png.1d33e10dd5bd8cbb7d7cf57de3ae8dc3.png

Thank you Ben, I do hope you mean my model and not the image? and please do forgive any confusion, the image I have supplied is the original image of that dungeon map, the link that I have given takes you to my model and as you can see I have added an extra stairwell, as so to make the dungeon more of my own design, as well as the texturing of it.

1 hour ago, Dax said:

It rather reminds me of "XCom: Terror from the deep"!

I loved and hated the game at the same time.

Good selection of colors, SheHawk!

Thank you Dax, much appreciated.

I adore lovecraft as well.  SheHawk, your work actually got me into a love craft mood... i googled love craft type movies on Netflix now showing and have gotten some nice choices to watch this weekend...thanks for the inspiration^^

There was, as well, a whole slew of love craft inspired monsters and adventures in D and D, with tentacled, green horrors from deep beneath the waves... 

:twitch:

gogo

• Respect! 1
11 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I adore lovecraft as well.  SheHawk, your work actually got me into a love craft mood... I googled love craft type movies on Netflix now showing and have gotten some nice choices to watch this weekend...thanks for the inspiration^^

There was, as well, a whole slew of love craft inspired monsters and adventures in D and D, with tentacled, green horrors from deep beneath the waves... 

:twitch:

gogo

I am glad that I could inspier yuo gogo,it's nice to be able to inspire people, that is what my models are essentially for, to inspire others to say, wow, etc. I know that there are other models out there that would make mine look like plain and orinary in comparrison, though I am not trying to make or have my work be up there with the gratest and the best modellers out there. For me personaly, it is about you own achievmentand being happy with that, there is always going to be others who are a thousand and many more times than that, who are far better than me and that is okay. I watch a lot of shows and sometimes movies on Netflix too. Altered Carbon had a very Blade Runnerish feel to it all the way through, if you know what I mean? I'm waiting for Star Trek Discovery to return on Netflix, I quite like it and  I do not get why the fans and some other people do not like it, but it goes to show and prove sadly, that sometimes one cannot please everyone. I think there is a saying and please forigive me if I get it wrong, it goes something like this. 'You can please people some of the time, but you can't please people, all of the time.'