Books on Sacred and it's storyline, anyone?

Does anyone know where could I find and purchase a book about Sacred? I mean it's storyline, plot, and the entire universe of the game, the concept behind it all for me , as an avid book reader, to indulge in. Searches online were fruitless, I hope some of the veterans here might have a clue..

• Appreciation 1

Welcome.  I think we compiled all the available lore onto the Wiki, although it's not all in one place as a single cohesive story.  If it helps Sacred 2 is supposed to be a sequel to Sacred 1.

• Appreciation 1

Hello and welcome, Cosmin0110! Good to have you here!

Yes, I wondered too why the makers didn´t add some kind of "universe" to the gameworld. Some big opportunities were missed. That
was stupid. I remember how I was after the audio logs in System Shock 2 or Deus Ex. The additional background stories added so
much flavor to the game, gave so much depth. It was incredible.
But I think it is not over yet. Ascaron is history, but the community is still here, despite all these years. Maybe we should
continue the story. Carving our own ways. The possibilities are endless. Let´s discuss the matter in the forum, yes?

• Appreciation 1

Welcome to the forum

There were quite good ones, but I think German only, audiobooks about the Shadow Warrior in Sacred2.

https://www.sacred-legends.de/hoerspiele.html

I think this link is for a free of costs listening?

https://www.gratis-hoerspiele.de/kostenlose/streams/sacred-der-schattenkrieger/

Edit:

My old rusted memory took a while to remember that there were books too. >German wikipedia about Sacred:

Romane

Sacred: Die Chronik von Ancaria I – Engelsblut, Band 1 von Steve Whitton, Panini Verlag, Oktober 2004, ISBN 3-8332-1149-0

Sacred: Die Chronik von Ancaria II – Sternental, Band 2 von Steve Whitton, Panini Verlag, Juli 2006, ISBN 3-8332-1276-4

Sacred: Die Chronik von Ancaria III – Das Elfentor, Band 3 von Michael J. Parrish, Panini Verlag, August 2006, ISBN 3-8332-1391-4

Sacred 2: Der Schattenkrieger – die offizielle Vorgeschichte zum Game von A. D. Portland, Panini Verlag, Dezember 2007, ISBN 3-8332-1572-0

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel – Der offizielle Roman zum Videogame von A. D. Portland, Panini Verlag, August 2008, ISBN 3-8332-1739-1

The authors name sound English. But I never heard that the books appeared in English versions too.

• Appreciation 1

First of all I'm impressed by the replies of the people here and the responsiveness, cheers to all! Great forum:)

Indeed , perhaps we could all come up with our own story to it , contributing and making sure it's in tune with the legacy of the game, which could also be the foundation of an upcoming Sacred game (hopefully there will be one) , I just don't really recognise Sacred 3 as part of the Sacred 1 and 2 legacy , and it's sad that the same thing happened with the game Gothic when they made Gothic 4 ... But this is totally offtopic!

However for this we would need to read some books on it, so there are some books on german about Sacred, and the SacredWiki is rich in lore, I wonder if the german books have an english translation ... And yes, the author names are english too.. There has got to be an english version of those books.. Hmm..

On 11/26/2019 at 2:59 AM, Flix said:

Welcome.  I think we compiled all the available lore onto the Wiki, although it's not all in one place as a single cohesivps Sacred 2 is supposed to be a sequel to Sacred 1.

On 11/26/2019 at 7:39 AM, Dax said:

Hello and welcome, Cosmin0110! Good to have you here!

Yes, I wondered too why the makers didn´t add some kind of "universe" to the gameworld. Some big opportunities were missed. That
was stupid. I remember how I was after the audio logs in System Shock 2 or Deus Ex. The additional background stories added so
much flavor to the game, gave so much depth. It was incredible.
But I think it is not over yet. Ascaron is history, but the community is still here, despite all these years. Maybe we should
continue the story. Carving our own ways. The possibilities are endless. Let´s discuss the matter in the forum, yes?

On 11/26/2019 at 8:17 AM, chattius said:

Welcome to the forum

There were quite good ones, but I think German only, audiobooks about the Shadow Warrior in Sacred2.

https://www.sacred-legends.de/hoerspiele.html

I think this link is for a free of costs listening?

https://www.gratis-hoerspiele.de/kostenlose/streams/sacred-der-schattenkrieger/

Edit:

My old rusted memory took a while to remember that there were books too. >German wikipedia about Sacred:

Romane

Sacred: Die Chronik von Ancaria I – Engelsblut, Band 1 von Steve Whitton, Panini Verlag, Oktober 2004, ISBN 3-8332-1149-0

Sacred: Die Chronik von Ancaria II – Sternental, Band 2 von Steve Whitton, Panini Verlag, Juli 2006, ISBN 3-8332-1276-4

Sacred: Die Chronik von Ancaria III – Das Elfentor, Band 3 von Michael J. Parrish, Panini Verlag, August 2006, ISBN 3-8332-1391-4

Sacred 2: Der Schattenkrieger – die offizielle Vorgeschichte zum Game von A. D. Portland, Panini Verlag, Dezember 2007, ISBN 3-8332-1572-0

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel – Der offizielle Roman zum Videogame von A. D. Portland, Panini Verlag, August 2008, ISBN 3-8332-1739-1

The authors name sound English. But I never heard that the books appeared in English versions too.

On 11/25/2019 at 10:55 PM, Cosmin0110 said:

Does anyone know where could I find and purchase a book about Sacred? I mean it's storyline, plot, and the entire universe of the game, the concept behind it all for me , as an avid book reader, to indulge in. Searches online were fruitless, I hope some of the veterans here mig

• Appreciation 1

Many users here remain quiet unfortunately. Ok, both games are very old, all secrets are known, all dungeons have been explored and all Dragons have been slain over and over again. What´s new then?
Well, the opportunity to create the universe that surrounds S1 and Sacred 2. It sounds a bit odd, but simply everyone can participate,and chime in if he wants to. And there´s a lot of work to do. Imagine demon gods and their portfolio, the battlefields where the forces of good and evil clash and how would the inhabitants of such a plane look like? The fight for the control over Ancaria, or the T-Energy, intrigues, broken promises, betrayal and strange alliances.  
If the project is continued over a certain time, which means quite a while, more users will join. At least I hope so. What I can say is: If a thread remains active, it attracts attention.
PS: Fluent english speakers are welcome, which means I´m out. (:

By the way:
The user Thorium is creating some kind of new Sacred from scratch. It looks promising:
http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/23325-we-have-started-a-new-big-game-project-lifeleech/

• Like! 1
On 11/25/2019 at 5:55 PM, Cosmin0110 said:

Does anyone know where could I find and purchase a book about Sacred? I mean it's storyline, plot, and the entire universe of the game, the concept behind it all for me , as an avid book reader, to indulge in. Searches online were fruitless, I hope some of the veterans here might have a clue..

What a brilliant first post.  I'm so sorry I missed it earlier when it went up, but from Illness I have returned and ready to meet our newest member!.  There is a lot of community spirit here huh ^^  I like to think that ultimately everyone does what they like to do or love.  Hence, SacredWiki, the insanely awesome dowloads section and uber mods made by our members (did you know btw that there is a new mod for the game by a Russian team that post here... Flix is currently doing a first class run of the mod with this game...they have improved Sacred ^^ Longer buffs, NASTY dragons... 

Flix's Sacred Reborn Journal

And while I know you're looking for a book per se... Flix's writing really dives down into  his Daemon's adventures using the new Mod...I dar say  it could be pretty "book" inspirational ?

and re Sacred 2...I've always felt that the content is infinitely expandable...much like any good book ..you can read deeper and deeper all based upon personal life....

and since this is about content...we have another amazing writer here on the boards, Hooyaah...

Take a look at this sumptuous journey through all the restaurants of Ancaria...his writing has breathed life into those rooms and large tables,,, he makes notes of whats there, and... writes magic

:)

gogo

Happy you have met and have you here in our little corner of  the Sacred universe

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo