Sorry for the downtime...Database ERror

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Sorry guys, we had a bit of a problem with the database, and ipb seems to have regulated the problem

We're going over exactly what happenned right now.

Thanks for yer patience

Cheers

:)

gogo

p.s. if any of you has a continuing problem please reach us via irc, msn or email

again, thank you

Guest gogoblender

wow

Six minute response time from our provider

we are impressed

seems the problem was a corrupted table

we're looking now into how this has happenned

Thanks

:)

gogo

lol just 3 minutes ago I was inside you're main directory of this page... kinda funney to see all the stuff that's there but not visible on the forum itself /shok

like some overlapping tests that work on firefox but not on IE ... ( microsoft suxx schot .. u should know by now :) )

Yup, I totally agree gogo. IPS has impeccable service and response time. It's obvious that they have a very efficient system set up. Just to give folks an idea here, we requested IPS to look into this problem not by phone but by way of their "ticket" system. IPS supplies this ticket system to its customers which is a very simple personal forum. We "post" a request and in turn one of IPS's techs responds. After gogo posted the request we did some "other" stuff, (OMG, I don't know what to do! /oooo ), and shortly attempted to access our forum again, with success. (Whew! /sweat ) I then checked the ticket we posted to IPS and sure enough there was a response from them already. According to its post details we had made the post to them 6 mins ago so in actuality they probably fixed our problem about 4-5 mins after we sent the request for help.

So big time uber kudos to IPS for such great service!

They also responed to the question of where the problem came from. Whether it was caused from us like changes in the skin, (It wasn't me! I was playing Guildwars when it happened! I swears!), or maybe something on their end like some sort of MySql thingamabob update, errrr. Please don't ask me to explain, lol.

Turns out it was a MySql thing. (Yet again... Whew! /sweat ) And that the issue could have been caused by us. (Doh!) However, unlikely caused by us and was probably all gogo' fault. (gogo... You should be ashamed of yourself. :P )

The really great thing is they explained how to resolve this problem should it ever happen again. (Noooooo! /oooo Sticks paper on the outside of bedroom door.)

D.a.r.k. Tech Schopport

Closed Until Further Notice...

a050.gif