Hello and goodbye

A familiy member suffered a stroke during this night and no one noticed it until breakfast. Paramedics roamed our house, a doc
flew in and the whole family is in an uproar. According to the team leader, the chances to return to normal are tiny, because
there´s some kind of time limit, which is surpassed most likely. After that, the inflicted damage is more or less permanent.
We will head now to the hospital aswell and wait for the diagnosis.

I´m sorry to inform you, that I have no time for this anymore and all my projects are discontinued for a long time, I assume.
Thank you everyone, keep Darkmatters going, be well.

2 hours ago, Dax said:

Hello and goodbye

A familiy member suffered a stroke during this night and no one noticed it until breakfast. Paramedics roamed our house, a doc
flew in and the whole family is in an uproar. According to the team leader, the chances to return to normal are tiny, because
there´s some kind of time limit, which is surpassed most likely. After that, the inflicted damage is more or less permanent.
We will head now to the hospital aswell and wait for the diagnosis.

I´m sorry to inform you, that I have no time for this anymore and all my projects are discontinued for a long time, I assume.
Thank you everyone, keep Darkmatters going, be well.

Oh no! Dax, I am so sorry :hugs: I hope you and your family will do well.  You've come to all of us here in the midst of this Sacred Renaissance and you're a huge part of it.  I send me love and best wishes to your family in this time, my prayers are with you.

Hoping for your best friend

::)

gogo

Hello

I just want to chime in. My father suffered a "transient ischemic attack" which is some kind of temporary stroke. A blood vessel
is blocked for a certain amount of time, before the blood flow returns to normal. The symptoms are mostly reversible, a rehab is
necessary though. The speach is heavily affected, it sounds like talking to a drunk.
The doctors said it will take a while until things are getting better. Something between weeks and months. No one can tell
exactly.
Lucky, lucky, lucky! However. I won´t leave entirely, but the time I have left for modding is greatly reduced.

@ gogoblender

Thank you for your kind words.

• Appreciation 1

Normal maximum time to recover from a TIA  -if it is one-  is one hour following newest papers says my wife :(

Hope for a full recovery.

My dad had 7 strokes in 6 years ... It's hard to see a person you like destroyed a bit more each time. I try to remember funny moments. Like: short before he died to multiresists caught at the hospital.

Two young docs discussing his case in his room thinking he sleeps. He couldn't speak and just had control of 5 fingertips. I said he is still mental full aware, they didn't believe:

..   -..  ..   ---   -   ...  one finger was knocking on the bed.

Radio operator when drafted to navy and whole life in an amateur radio club. Whole family learned morse code to communicate with him. I installed a touchpad so he could control TV or type messages. But what he like most was morse code. Probably because it was one thing he was still better than all of us. And he still radio'd to friends all over the world while already permanently forced to stay in bed.

Brain damage recovery is hard to predict. My sister had a brain tumour when 17 and docs said hard to remove. Luckily gamma knife surgery came up when she was 21. Needed a second with 23. But it took her 10 years to fully believe that it worked. When she had a baby she never lifted it more than 15 centimetres. Her kitchen was arranged in an U-shape to move hot pots and pans without lifting them, steep staircases she went down backwards,...  She always feared a sudden fallback like with 23.

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Dax said:

Hello

I just want to chime in. My father suffered a "transient ischemic attack" which is some kind of temporary stroke. A blood vessel
is blocked for a certain amount of time, before the blood flow returns to normal. The symptoms are mostly reversible, a rehab is
necessary though. The speach is heavily affected, it sounds like talking to a drunk.
The doctors said it will take a while until things are getting better. Something between weeks and months. No one can tell
exactly.
Lucky, lucky, lucky! However. I won´t leave entirely, but the time I have left for modding is greatly reduced.

@ gogoblender

Thank you for your kind words.

I'm sorry to hear that. Wishing him a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. :friends3:

• Appreciation 1
38 minutes ago, Dax said:

Thanks everybody. You are good and kind people.

Thanks Dax for the update.  I know a lot of us were concerned when youre words first went up.  Thanks for sharing what's happened.  It took me by surprrise when my own mom had a stroke at 62 in the gym no less on a stairmaster because of badly prescribed medicine.  Luckily the place was stock full of doctors and she lives right by Bethesda naval hospital...best in the world.  She got through, but for many years felt more timid, but eventually was able to get back to all her yoga, zumba pilates...She's a 73 year old gym rat now and still loves to work.  Here's her at the desk three days ago10 years after stroke. 

IMG_0427.png

Thinking of your dad friend

:hugs:

gogo

p.s. I also gave you your own topic in our daily lives thread to keep this focused... its going to be good energy for your dad... bet he's feeling good vibes coming from Canada now!

:bounce:

What helped my mom when my dad had a stroke:

Each hospital should have people who are paid to help with the days after leaving the hospital. Speak to them.

Rehabilitation after a stroke is a lot of training. These people know that and they know that 3-6 weeks in a training centre are hardly enough.

Most insurances pay full or some money for partner programs. Doing the rehab with wife is often paid for both by insurance. The partner will be trained in this time to assist in assisting rehab exercises, how to care for people with strokes, what mechanical help at home would be paid, ...  And as my mom said: speaking with person who share the same problem helps. The partners at my dad's rehab lived in a hotel nearby from 6pm to 8am and could do things together, like shopping, theatre...At daytime they were in the rehab building. But evenings they could relax a bit with others. Which is really helpful for the partner.

It is often cheaper for an insurance to pay for a partner program which works than paying for another rehab cause the training was discontinued when back home.

I hope you won't need it and your dad is recovering quickly, but take your options if you need them.

Thanks again for the kind words, best wishes and good advises.

We have informed the health insurance now, there´s a lot of paperwork coming in. Everything is organized as well as we could,
things calm down a bit and daily routine takes over. Currently, it´s the calm before the storm, we´ll see how it goes
after the rehab is over. Distraction is needed badly, otherwise you start running in circles, like a mad dog in a cage. That´s why
I´ll be here now and then and will step on your feet. (;

Despite we don´t know each other, I wish to thank all of you again for your compassion. Thanks guys, it really helps and it was,
and still is, an overwhelming experience. God bless you!
But finally, I´ve got a plea: Please let the thread fall asleep now. I´m feeling like a beggar.  

chattius, I might ask you again for further informations, if the health insurance remains inactive and tries to save money. (It
wouldn´t surprise me, to be honest.)

Edited by Dax
  • Appreciation 1
  • The topic was locked
5 hours ago, Dax said:

Thanks again for the kind words, best wishes and good advises.

We have informed the health insurance now, there´s a lot of paperwork coming in. Everything is organized as well as we could,
things calm down a bit and daily routine takes over. Currently, it´s the calm before the storm, we´ll see how it goes
after the rehab is over. Distraction is needed badly, otherwise you start running in circles, like a mad dog in a cage. That´s why
I´ll be here now and then and will step on your feet. (;

Despite we don´t know each other, I wish to thank all of you again for your compassion. Thanks guys, it really helps and it was,
and still is, an overwhelming experience. God bless you!
But finally, I´ve got a plea: Please let the thread fall asleep now. I´m feeling like a beggar.  

chattius, I might ask you again for further informations, if the health insurance remains inactive and tries to save money. (It
wouldn´t surprise me, to be honest.)

thread locked as asked

:)

gogo