Asra-Za-Ha. (Completed)

SheHawk

On 12/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, Hooyaah said:

I am very pleased and impressed with your new and original design which exudes its own unique magic. My intention was to encourage you to break away from an ordinary and eclectic layout and use your own ideas and an array of divergent elements which would still maintain a cohesive feel; you pulled it off quite splendidly, Amy. Now I am confident that you will be able to construct original ideas and array the designs in the likenesses of your own imaginings rather than vaguely familiar shadows of that which had come before from some other source. You must now have such a wondrous sense of accomplishment and satisfaction with this, what I view as your most remarkable achievement to date. Congratulations are indeed in order Amy, cheers!

:wizard:

Wow! such compliments, I am most truly humbled and honoured Steve. I was worried that I may have messed things up somewhere, but beyond that, I am very happy and pleased with what I was able to accomplish in the time I had spent on doing it, I did not want to over complicate the layout, too much, just  in case it wuld not work too well and the idea of numbering the chambers was for me I hope a real game changer, that one does not go to them in order of 1-3, which I feel would be the norm and usual standard rule/way of doing a D&D level, if I am not mistaken? Inspired by the Temple Guardians of Sacred 2 Game, came the idea for the Stone Robots, not mechanical etc. Complete stone robots that work by magic instead and they come to life the moment the player goes down the path, or at least that is the idea that was in my head and I am sticking with that idea. Phyiscal attacks do not affect them, so the player here in a sort of a tutorial like fashion learns how to use his or her combat arts/spells, as those are the only things that will destroy the stone robots, a new set of roots appear and remain frozen for the next player to come along. I hope you get the general idea?

I knew that I would need to do either oner big river or several individual ones and I thought immediately of elemental rivers, hopefully that idea has not been used before, or not used often, I hope. But I do hope my idea to be a true original idea, that would be nice, I do not recall ever seeing or ever coming across elemental rivers in any other D&D RPG's.  The idea behind each River Well, the long thin oblong shapes, that are filled with the corrisponding water to the river, empties, in a way that all of the water flows to and from each well to fill up the other well in a continious cycle, that way; the wells are never empty and it is how the rivers run, which I did not explain in my model discription, there is a character limit, not only that I did not want to bog anyone down with that particular concept, as it does boggle the mind, somewhat.  Oh The Pyramid becomes a puzzle pryamid that can be turned around once you approach it and a magical barrier blocks your way until you solve the puzzle.

Yet another thing I left out in the model description, but I will update my model with a link to here to this post, so that the people viewing the model can better fully appreciate the ideas behind it and understand better, what everything is for, I can only hope my ideas one day may be used to make into a computer game and what I have described can be rendered as I have described everything. As it would be a real shame if such a thing could not be done. Which I doubt, with the sophisiticated level of detail etc. these more newer games for PC and new consoles, are anything to go by. So I shall remian hopeful, this project for now is my last in dungeon level design, as I have done a fair amount of them already and as I have mentioned somewhere in one of my posts, I do not want that to be the only thing that I am good at making in SketchUp, as I have already proven, that I can make other things and that is what I want to be good at doing, making as many different models as possible, and not any model that follows a repetitive standard design. But one realy good thing has come from making this model project, it proves what I already knew, but I do sometimes doubt myself, why is a long story and has much to do with how I was brought up and also how I was treated by my teachers at school, suffice as to say, it's not all good.

Which is part of why I stuck with Sketchup and worked so long and hard on knowing how to use it, etc. was so that I could prove not only to them, but also to myself, something that I could do and do more than just well, but to reach a standard of my very own. For near similar reasons is why I do not want to become good at doing only just the one thing. I have many gifts that need to be used in the right way and I try hard to make sure of that they are, though it's sometimes not always easy. Anyway, when I say I appreciate compliments given to me, I truly do beyond mention, that's all I can and will say about the matter, so know please how much any compliment given means so much to me in more ways than one, always.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Like! 1