Condensed View - Working?

If you click "What's New" there's the option for Condensed or Expanded.  For a few days now it's stuck on Expanded for me, can't get it switched to Condensed.  Have tried on a few different computers, only tried Chrome though.

• Like! 1

Flix I’ll take a look at this When I finishe work today.... maybe it’s this Christmas skin .. can u 

Try switching to the Default version which is available the bottom of the form 

😊

gogo

Sure thing. I switched and the default skin behaves the same way with being stuck on Expanded view.

The Christmas skin was great with no issues all through December, until a few days ago.

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Still only getting Expanded View in the "What's New" feed, no matter what I select.  Definitely wasn't the Christmas skin to blame.

Is it just me?  :dntknw:

7 hours ago, Flix said:

Still only getting Expanded View in the "What's New" feed, no matter what I select.  Definitely wasn't the Christmas skin to blame.

Flix really sorry to see this happening.  When I finish work tonight if you're available we can do some direct trouble shooting?

done at 16 00

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Very curious!  No idea why it's happening but after some digging around I found that it's been posted as a bug on the dev support site.  We haven't done any upgrades to the forum software in quite a while so maybe browser devs have made some changes that has broke the function.  Maybe removed some obsolete html/css.  A patch is on the way!   So they say.  ^^

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/455238-bug-activity-filter-condensedexpanded-not-working/

• Thanks! 1
18 hours ago, Flix said:

Thanks Schot, great find

Hopefully they can get this fixed soon

gogo

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2020 at 6:36 PM, Schot said:

Very curious!  No idea why it's happening but after some digging around I found that it's been posted as a bug on the dev support site.  We haven't done any upgrades to the forum software in quite a while so maybe browser devs have made some changes that has broke the function.  Maybe removed some obsolete html/css.  A patch is on the way!   So they say.  ^^

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/455238-bug-activity-filter-condensedexpanded-not-working/

I've been keeping an eye on this.  It looks like a patch for the Invision forum software got released on March 3?

https://invisioncommunity.com/release-notes/

I don't see the Condensed View thing in the patch notes but maybe it's fixed now?

2 hours ago, Flix said:

I've been keeping an eye on this. 

:blush:

Heeeey Flix.  Thanks for bumping this.  I Just checked out the InvisionPower support forum and it seems condensed view is working over there now.  

https://invisioncommunity.com/discover/?&view=condensed

We're going to go ahead and purchase the forum license renewal and buy the latest version of our Titan theme to get us all shiny and new again!   I've got some contracts on the go but hoping to get this done around the end of the month.  :dance2: 

shiny.jpg

• Appreciation 1
  • 1 month later...

I don't know if this is related, but I've noticed for about the past month, a lot of posts I make don't show up in the "All Activity" feed when you click "What's New?"  Seems about 1 in 5 just don't appear.  I don't know if this is happening to other people or not.

I started noticing this some months ago. I think that's why the Related Song Thread died, as nobody could see there was a reply.

• Thanks! 1

Heya guys!

I hear ya on the condensed.. Ive been looking forward to it working again, and apparently 

Its been fixed with the next update of our forum's software

wea ctually  bought it a few weeks ago and the the upgrade for the skin

.. we just need Schot to pull some time away from his last work ... its been so crazy with both of us doing extra time with work

The upgrrde usually breaks a lot of our links and it takes a few hours work to go through all the changes and get it working again

he's hoping to get DarkMatters all shiny and new ... realized when I saw the invision software running at their main site how awesome condensed view is \

gogo

• Thanks! 1

Fingers crossed the update helps.  I can cope with the condensed view not working, but not having posts show up in the feed at all is a little tougher.

7 hours ago, Flix said:

I don't know if this is related, but I've noticed for about the past month, a lot of posts I make don't show up in the "All Activity" feed when you click "What's New?"  Seems about 1 in 5 just don't appear.  I don't know if this is happening to other people or not.

hey flix!

im thinking about what you wrote

at the top left there is all activity and the top right is view new content

All activity is the one that should show (depending on your permissions) every post, like, change, etc... this one should catch everything... you're saying that you press this and its not missing posts?

Is this filter related...something to do with filters? I do a lot of constantly looking for posts...i use view new content actually almost exclusively and I feel like i'm catching the posts... this is something you've noticed for a few weeks now?

gogo

Well this is what Steve and I were discussing a few posts up.  Sometimes in that feed (All Activity), new posts just fail to appear.  Steve said it's been going on for months, and I'd guess it's been about that long since I first noticed it too.

It's about 1 in 10 of the posts I make. 

I think I saw this happen when I logged in today. The latest post shown in the related word thread was Hooyahs, but when I opened it the latest post was Gogo's and it was made 4 hours before I logged in so wasn't made whilst I was browsing or anything...