Sacred Underworld 16:9. Thoughts.

7 hours ago, Starling said:

Hi, community! 

I trying change resolution of Sacred for a long time, but it haven't any completely results.

That is my one of best tries to convert image. A ground and objects looks good, but all 3D models is invisible, because they are all out of the screen. They have wrong coordinates relative to the world.

Maybe, somebody have any thoughts? Or somebody understands nuances of DirectX graphics? All fresh thoughts are will be helpful!

I love where you're going with this.  Just wanting to post and show my appreciation for your work. I NEVER thought Sacred could look this good, the details just pop.

Hoping that your project gains traction...this game will never be lost to perdition!

:gogo:

gogo

• Like! 1
On 1/12/2020 at 10:13 PM, Flix said:

I have major respect for this attempt.  It's better than any other widescreen "mod" people have made.  Usually what you see is someone who has their aspect ratio stretched horizontally - it's almost physically painful to see those pics.  That distortion used to be something you wanted to avoid.

Enough negativity though.  I like the way it looks, aside from the interface not being centered and the missing NPC's obviously.  It looks like the problem is that it's only "drawing" to the right side.  I don't know anything about the code required, but maybe if you could get it to draw equally on the left and the right, then NPC positions would be corrected?

It's hard to say. Sacred came out in that weird transitional time for dungeon crawlers when 3D models were being used for characters but environments were still 2D backgrounds.

Thanks!
You right, that window extended to the right, it is only way, I think. Also I think, a centering a interface easily, than correcting model's coordinates. That's why I'm not did it in video. It doesn't matter now.  My plan is including three steps:
1. Increase resolution (done);
2. Correct model coordinates;

3. Correct interface

I have think about centering image and trying to "increase sides", but a few fast attempts was failed.

• Respect! 1

Hey!

I once played with Cheat Engine and tried to change the camera position or size (so either I could move the camera freely myself or make the game render more of the ingame map). Long story short, I could achieve neither of these, but I found that the game didn't render anything outside of the zone that the 2D sizes specified. Even if I made some mamory values lower, the normal screen area was left unrendered and strange flickering started to occur. Not sure if this helps in any way, but I tried to get these memory values by zooming in and out constantly and then searching in Cheat Engine for lower/higher values. I suppose that you have to set some values for the game itself for it to render 3D objects because now it thinks "hey, these are out of screen bounds anyway".

Also, if you already have a way to move the camera, please tell me! I would like to create a full online map (like the current one is full HD, this one would be 8K HD!) by scrolling through the whole map, recording it and stitching it together somehow.

On 1/18/2020 at 12:48 AM, Stryp said:

Hey!

I once played with Cheat Engine and tried to change the camera position or size (so either I could move the camera freely myself or make the game render more of the ingame map). Long story short, I could achieve neither of these, but I found that the game didn't render anything outside of the zone that the 2D sizes specified. Even if I made some mamory values lower, the normal screen area was left unrendered and strange flickering started to occur. Not sure if this helps in any way, but I tried to get these memory values by zooming in and out constantly and then searching in Cheat Engine for lower/higher values. I suppose that you have to set some values for the game itself for it to render 3D objects because now it thinks "hey, these are out of screen bounds anyway".

Also, if you already have a way to move the camera, please tell me! I would like to create a full online map (like the current one is full HD, this one would be 8K HD!) by scrolling through the whole map, recording it and stitching it together somehow.

Hello! Thanks for answer!
Today I have a big progress in my work, I will show later! 

About free camera: I have some addresses, maybe its can help, but it works for Sacred Vault's "Sacred.exe", not for 2.28

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Thorium said:

When you work with coordinates in sacred. Entity coordinates are relative the the middle of the screen (player characters position).

Basically instead of moving the character, the world is moved around the character. That has been done to prevent glitches by floating point inaccuracy on far corners of the world. Maybe that info helps a little bit.

I suspected something like this. This is why I thought the screen drawing only to the right side was the problem, because it made the world become "off-center" from the player.