Hardcore character not dying properly

4/7 of the times I die the character does not appear as a ghost (transparent) at character selection screen. Am I doing something wrong? Playing on a server in local. Interesting fact: when I go back in the game my survival bonus is intact

Please don't ask me to delete the char manually. That is way too painful :P

• Haha 1

Just another bug most likely.

Are you interested in recording a MP session? Sacred could really use a little lovin. If you need a good soundtrack for your  videos one day, just tell me. I will gladly lend a helping hand.

• Like! 1
58 minutes ago, turokz said:

Hey Dax,

if you need an actor for recording I'm up today. I got a niobium dwarf if needed (I hope it works on Vanilla sacred too)

Radmin server: SacredOnlineCommunity | password --> sacred

Discord: https://discord.gg/eaA4MJ

Lmk

I have to upgrade to Win10 first. I have swapped to Linux on my PC and got a very old Laptop with Win7 left, where Sacred is installed. Since support for Win7 has ended, this ancient machine will not go online.  As soon as I got myself Win10, I will let you know. Count me in! It is not forgotten!

D!mn. I am really sorry to disappoint you. Lets push the Multiplayer topic a bit more so that other notice it as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 1:55 AM, turokz said:

4/7 of the times I die the character does not appear as a ghost (transparent) at character selection screen. Am I doing something wrong? Playing on a server in local. Interesting fact: when I go back in the game my survival bonus is intact

Please don't ask me to delete the char manually. That is way too painful :P

It's possible you ran into the ancient HC-SC conversion bug.

When your HC char dies, but gets back some health via lifeleech by whatever means, it will convert to a Softcore character upon reload, probably because the game can't make sense of a living but dead HC character :lol:
Could be something entirely different though, I don't know/remember the state of the char's survival bonus in that situation.

Maybe check the map, if it still says Hardcore, and your logbook, if it counted any deaths? Would be interesting to know :)

• Appreciation 1
On 2/7/2020 at 10:39 AM, Therion X said:

It's possible you ran into the ancient HC-SC conversion bug.

When your HC char dies, but gets back some health via lifeleech by whatever means, it will convert to a Softcore character upon reload, probably because the game can't make sense of a living but dead HC character :lol:
Could be something entirely different though, I don't know/remember the state of the char's survival bonus in that situation.

Maybe check the map, if it still says Hardcore, and your logbook, if it counted any deaths? Would be interesting to know :)

I think I remember this bug during the days of HC servers...  :eek: thanksfully to the few folks I knew that it happened to Ascaron (wow they were alive back then!) was able to "bring them back" with reporting via email and them having a look at the logs

:blink:

gogo