Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello! Finally, Sacred 1 HD is real. After posting a first topic (SACRED UNDERWORLD 16:9. THOUGHTS.), 10 days have passed and I found the right values for the correct rendering of the picture, lol. Mo

Good news, we did it!  Sacred ReBorn Multi Resolution is in pre-alpha stage now! There is some screenshots in 1920x1080

Hello there!  I am glad to inform you that the new version of the mod is available for download! The interface is finalized and multires added! But on big resolutions may be a little problems with t

Posted Images

On 7/25/2020 at 8:36 PM, gogoblender said:

Thanks for the link Ruddick!

SheHawk, always happy to see you back, *hugs* for good cheer... I've also found the main thread that we have been using for this Sacred HD info and merged your post with it.

Cheers!

:)

 

gogo

Gogo, I could hug you. I'm going to hug you anyway. *BIG Squeese Hug* Thank you, I actually saw this post but initially got confused by it at first, but I was able to figure out what was what in the end. I simply cannot thank you enough Gogo. How are you doing by the way? My apologises for my depressive mood. I was able to download the beta install 3.3 version of Sacred Reborn and I am happy to report that it works, now I can play my sacred gold game properly and that makes me beyond happy.1141671786_HugBear.gif.610e103a839474fd6d8f228082f9aaca.gif

Edited by SheHawk
Link to post
On 7/25/2020 at 3:37 PM, gogoblender said:

I've moved and stickied this topic into the Sacred Underworld Modding thread, hopefully it can be found even faster!

:hugs:

gogo

Once again, many, many times thank you.

 

On 7/26/2020 at 6:53 AM, SheHawk said:

Gogo, you are the best.

 

Edited by SheHawk
Link to post
  • 1 month later...

The official download page here on DarkMatters is here:

Metal has been updating it but it has to be approved by staff before it's visible and we don't get notifications when someone updates a mod so I have to remember to check all the files every so often.

@gogoblender  @Schot  Can you please turn on notifications for when an uploader updates his/her mod and the file is awaiting approval?  Right now this only happens for brand new files, and the consequence is that updated mods sit awaiting approval for weeks or even months before I notice them.  Thanks.

  • Like! 1
Link to post
3 hours ago, Flix said:

The official download page here on DarkMatters is here:

Metal has been updating it but it has to be approved by staff before it's visible and we don't get notifications when someone updates a mod so I have to remember to check all the files every so often.

@gogoblender  @Schot  Can you please turn on notifications for when an uploader updates his/her mod and the file is awaiting approval?  Right now this only happens for brand new files, and the consequence is that updated mods sit awaiting approval for weeks or even months before I notice them.  Thanks.

Thanks Flix!

Lookin at our settings now!

:)

 

gogo

Link to post
  • MetaL changed the title to Sacred ReBorn HD — biggest balance mod for Sacred!
7 hours ago, MetaL said:

4.0 update available!

 

 

Bravo guys... always adding more! I'll announce this on all our channels... Sacred Underworld...here forever!!

:dance:

gogo

  • Like! 1
Link to post
  • gogoblender changed the title to Sacred ReBorn HD — biggest balance mod for Sacred! 4.0 Update Available!!
14 hours ago, Flix said:

It's hard to believe after all these years, nearly all of my wishlist for Sacred 1 has been fulfilled in ReBorn.

  1. HD Widescreen Resolution
  2. Teleport from Anywhere
  3. Item Sharing between SP chars
  4. Lower enemy respawn rate

Really amazing what Overlookers team has been able to do with this game.

Hey just out of curiosity. How can you share items between sp chars in an easy way? I don't really know if reborn helps with this and I've always wanted to do it.

Link to post
  • gogoblender changed the title to Sacred ReBorn HD — Biggest Balance Mod for Sacred - 4.0 Update Available!!
On 11/18/2020 at 12:11 PM, Flix said:

It's hard to believe after all these years, nearly all of my wishlist for Sacred 1 has been fulfilled in ReBorn.

  1. HD Widescreen Resolution
  2. Teleport from Anywhere
  3. Item Sharing between SP chars
  4. Lower enemy respawn rate

Really amazing what Overlookers team has been able to do with this game.

They had me at wide screen :thumbsup:

I remember when they were figgering that out in a thread here ... could not believe when the group got that to work!

:Laie_58:

gogo

 

Link to post
On 11/18/2020 at 4:42 AM, MetaL said:

4.0 update available!

 

 

 

Hello OLKs team!

I would like to give a little feedback.

While I was fooling around a bit with various characters, I noticed that some are incredible strong.
Example: Dark Elf. I can pick white random gear, whatever just crosses my path, and am nearly invincible.
No sockets needed.
Missile- and Magic Deflection are always active, even on highest level, no combo needed. Soul Catcher
restores gigantic amounts of hitpoints, so I do not even have care about life leech or health potions.

Just in case that you have playtesters, can it be that they approach the matter not in a neutral way
and try to make their favorite class as strong as possible?

However. Instead of balancing CAs/spells forward and backward all the time, what about turning
unique enemies, all those who got names, like "Sebastian", "Bandit Fighting Instructor", or "Robin the
Hooded Man", including the bounty hunts into formidable opponents, similiar to the two Vampire Wolfes that
accompany the Master Vampiress in the tavern cellar? (I survived the encounter, but it was close.)
Fights would become far more spicy and ressource intensive. To satisfy the player, grant massive XP
bonus and Dragon-like money drops.

As a longtime Vampire player, some suggestions for the next version.

Limited hitpoints for the Vampire Wolf / only one wolf at a time allowed / can be summoned only during the night
The vampire wolf is currently nearly impossible to defeat for the game. I would suggest 50.000 hitpoints at
level 256 and 100.000 hitpoints at level 512. The summoned wolf will do its duty, but not forever. Also, IŽd
increase the basic regeneration time to 300 seconds, so that constant summoning is not possible. Damage is
well balanced. No second look is needed.
If it would be possible to summon them only during the night, combat during daylight would become more challenging.

Only four bats allowed at a time / can be summoned only during the night
Bats desperately need some taming. The game has already trouble to kill a single bat. Twelve bats turn the
player into an insurmountable force. Due to their intense speed and lots of hitpoints they stay alive for a
long time. I would suggest 15.000 hitpoints at level 256, 30.000 hitpoints at level 512. Now, the bats either die after
catching a spell, or a few blows.
If it would be possible to summon them only during the night, combat during daylight would become more challenging.

Dramatically increased cooldown for "Blood Kiss"
Blood Kiss is very strong now and a real killer during the night. Is a cooldown of two minutes to prevent spamming
acceptable?

Dramatically increased cooldown for "Animate Dead"
Same as Blood Kiss. The player can use the spell the create up to two undead wolfes and three undead bats extra.
Far too powerful.

Time Control could use a second look
TC is too strong in the unmodified game, but too weak in Reborn. Can you increase range a bit?


In the end the suggested changes would grant only a temporary power bonus. The player has still to fight for himself
most of the time, and has to take care of his build. Currently, summoning allies is enough to get through the whole
game easily. There are some tight spots, but not many. I guess the build itself was and is the most interesting thing
for players.

 

As always, nice work! I greatly enjoyed the new Dark Elves. Keep it up!

Link to post
12 hours ago, Dax said:

While I was fooling around a bit with various characters, I noticed that some are incredible strong.
Example: Dark Elf. I can pick white random gear, whatever just crosses my path, and am nearly invincible.
No sockets needed.

This example tells nothing. What level, what difficulty, against what enemies?
Show how Dark Elf staying afk and not dying in Boss Caves, or staying afk and not dying in overspawned golem's cave, or running through Anducar's thorns and not dying. Then we could talk about "nearly invincible".

12 hours ago, Dax said:

Missile- and Magic Deflection are always active, even on highest level, no combo needed. Soul Catcher
restores gigantic amounts of hitpoints, so I do not even have care about life leech or health potions.

Why you think that for comfortable using of buffs must be required combos?

Missile- and Magic Deflection may be used on allies, it's not self-buff only. So cooldown allows to use it not only for itself, but on allies too. Also not all builds needs in Concentration skill, so not all builds may have a low cooldown on these buffs. Even more, we don't want to force players to focus on cooldown reduction bonuses  in order to use buffs.

I don't think Soul Catcher is strong buff. It don't help against bosses. Soul harvesting is slow, so it don't help a lot if you can die in 1-2 sec.

12 hours ago, Dax said:

Just in case that you have playtesters, can it be that they approach the matter not in a neutral way
and try to make their favorite class as strong as possible?

We have no testers at all. All tests we do by ourselves.

12 hours ago, Dax said:

However. Instead of balancing CAs/spells forward and backward all the time, what about turning
unique enemies, all those who got names, like "Sebastian", "Bandit Fighting Instructor", or "Robin the
Hooded Man", including the bounty hunts into formidable opponents, similiar to the two Vampire Wolfes that
accompany the Master Vampiress in the tavern cellar? (I survived the encounter, but it was close.)
Fights would become far more spicy and ressource intensive. To satisfy the player, grant massive XP
bonus and Dragon-like money drops.

Easy to tell, but hard to do. 
We can imagine a lot of cool stuff (up to new location, characters etc). But it is just a fantasies which stays only fantasies. The key things is time required and difficulty of changes.

12 hours ago, Dax said:

Limited hitpoints for the Vampire Wolf / only one wolf at a time allowed / can be summoned only during the night
The vampire wolf is currently nearly impossible to defeat for the game. I would suggest 50.000 hitpoints at
level 256 and 100.000 hitpoints at level 512. The summoned wolf will do its duty, but not forever. Also, IŽd
increase the basic regeneration time to 300 seconds, so that constant summoning is not possible. Damage is
well balanced. No second look is needed.
If it would be possible to summon them only during the night, combat during daylight would become more challenging.

It's impossible to directly set up health for creatures. You can't just set up 50k health, 100k health etc. Creatures' health based on strength + phys regen + health multipliers per difficulty (same multipliers as for enemies) + constitution skill (which have different level for different difficulties). In the same time all creatures' damage from hits is highly dependent on strength, so increasing creature's damage always increases health.

At low levels bosses kills summoned creatures pretty fast, so players who put everything into summons may got raped with 300 sec cooldown. Players would be just stand and wait about 5 minutes until cooldown ends for summoning new creatures and it will repeat multiple times.

Also summoning only in night time would be annoying, because Vampiress is main summoner character and her summons will be not available for half of the game time. In multiplayer you can set up ingame time. So everyone would be refresh ingame time to 9:00pm. For singleplayer you can't do so, but someone just make trainer with ingame time configuration.

12 hours ago, Dax said:

Only four bats allowed at a time / can be summoned only during the night
Bats desperately need some taming. The game has already trouble to kill a single bat. Twelve bats turn the
player into an insurmountable force. Due to their intense speed and lots of hitpoints they stay alive for a
long time. I would suggest 15.000 hitpoints at level 256, 30.000 hitpoints at level 512. Now, the bats either die after
catching a spell, or a few blows.
If it would be possible to summon them only during the night, combat during daylight would become more challenging.

Same as for wolf.

12 hours ago, Dax said:

Dramatically increased cooldown for "Blood Kiss"
Blood Kiss is very strong now and a real killer during the night. Is a cooldown of two minutes to prevent spamming
acceptable?

Don't think this Combat Art too strong, but maybe can increase cooldown.

Combat Arts have no minimal cooldown limit. But in general it's possible to do some code changes that allows it. Even so minimal cooldown of 2 minutes is too much.

12 hours ago, Dax said:

Time Control could use a second look
TC is too strong in the unmodified game, but too weak in Reborn. Can you increase range a bit?

And then you will write that it's too strong? :)

Problem of Time Control and Mongoose is it have only "range" parameter. And effective range is limited by your screen. In original Sacred there is no sense to level up these Combat Arts. In ReBorn it has, but bonuses are small.

Need to global rework of these Combat Arts. It requires time.

12 hours ago, Dax said:

In the end the suggested changes would grant only a temporary power bonus. The player has still to fight for himself
most of the time, and has to take care of his build. Currently, summoning allies is enough to get through the whole
game easily. There are some tight spots, but not many. I guess the build itself was and is the most interesting thing
for players.

For me it's easy to get through the whole game with any character.

Some people wrote that it was too hard, especially with bosses.

12 hours ago, Dax said:

As always, nice work! I greatly enjoyed the new Dark Elves. Keep it up!

Thanks. We appreciate it a lot. :)

Edited by MetaL
Added more answers + mistakes fix
  • Appreciation 1
Link to post

Hello MetaL

Thanks for the extensive answer, much appreciated.

The nearly invicible I talked about were the two pak techniques. A mobile character lures enemies into the line of fire, gives them bleeding wounds, maybe even criticals (did not tried it yet) by reflecting arrows and bolts back on them, causing quick death mostly. Reminds me a bit of unmodified Faldamar combined with the icon set. (I dont want complain too much, since it does not work well on the newly modified Dark Elves.)

I have used Lindors test characters from the download section. All are level 216, CAs at 255, max difficulty.
Added some screenshots concerning the two pak techniques. You can see the massive cooldown caused by Ethan Rys Blade +233% regen in the first screenshot and the full Cordell set with no bonus to regeneration special move in the second screenshot.

 

I think players become aware of gaps very quickly. As soon as there is a way to take advantage, they will do so.To detect all gaps on your own takes a while.
Why dont you ask players for help? They could do some testing, or some challenges. Example: Ten gamers undergo the same challenge and give feedback after a week or so. In the end it is your decision how to deal with it since you are the makers, but it would take some weight off your shoulders and a wide range of impressions would come in.

2b.png

1b.png

Edited by Dax
Link to post
2 hours ago, Arrotino said:

Wait a sec. I'm sorry to interrupt you, what's that awesome HUD Skin you have there Spectral? Where can I find it?

Good day.

I made it a while ago along with another person. We had... different opinions, maybe. Since I am using the persons work, the current state is unclear. I will not upload it. Sorry to disappoint you. But what I can do is to upload some screenshots, showing the whole thing. I was hoping anyway to make people more interested in modding the game.

Link to post

:( :( :( I'm so sad. I would 100% use something like that. It's very clean and polished. If you change idea please write me. Or if you wanna pass it privately to me I will surely use it. Even if for my own enjoyment

Edited by Arrotino
Link to post
21 hours ago, Dax said:

The nearly invicible I talked about were the two pak techniques.

Yes, I understand you talk about deflections. Still want to see how these deflections allows Dark Elf to: 

  1. stay afk and not dying in any boss cave.
  2. stay afk and not dying in overspawned golems' cave.
  3. running through Anducar's thorns and not dying .
  4. stay afk and not dying against dragon.
  5. stay afk and dying in Sakkara's field.

It works well mostly against regular enemies of Ancaria which dying well even without it. Maybe it looks OP, but it's OP only in limited situations.

21 hours ago, Dax said:

You can see the massive cooldown caused by Ethan Rys Blade +233% regen in the first screenshot and the full Cordell set with no bonus to regeneration special move in the second screenshot.

And what do you mean by that?

21 hours ago, Dax said:

I think players become aware of gaps very quickly. As soon as there is a way to take advantage, they will do so.To detect all gaps on your own takes a while.

No need testers for it. We looking at players' feedback about bugs and balance for actual ReBorn version and make changes if we think it's needed. We can release new version in any time if needed significant fixes and/or changes.

13 hours ago, Dax said:

I made it a while ago along with another person. We had... different opinions, maybe.

Solution is to make 2 versions. One version for each opinion, like "Dax edition" and "Ysendra edition". Or one version, but with variable elements for which you have different opinions. Or you could make common foundation and then continue each in your own way. More work, but every developer get what they want and users get more content.

Screenshots are all that users got, so current result is about zero.

Edited by MetaL
Link to post
13 hours ago, Arrotino said:

:( :( :( I'm so sad. I would 100% use something like that. It's very clean and polished. If you change idea please write me. Or if you wanna pass it privately to me I will surely use it. Even if for my own enjoyment


Good day.


I understand you. Really. There are other users here I have offered a test run already, but these
were times before things became a bit more complicated all of a sudden.

The only solution is, as MetaL suggested already, a complete cut. Replacing the missing key
elements will be unpleasant, it will take a lot of time. No need to loose faith, but I
can say, under such conditions, nothing about a release date. Spring or summer next year perhaps.
To give you the possibility to visualize the whole thing, just imagine that you would rip the
southern wall out of your house.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...