Need Help with 3 aspect Dragon Mage (with Enhanced Perception lvl2)

Pavlo

Hello, 

I'm about to try DM for the first time, I would love to create a character with maxed EP. The main aspect of my character should be Elementalist, from the other ones I'm interested mostly in the buffs. Can you help me to pick rest of my skills and recommend good combat arts to use? I checked guides on forum but there is no single one with EP. Also if play hardcore should I dump all points into vit or stamina too?

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Pavlo

Elementalists...

For hard core: alchemy and if using one of the newer mods which allow your mount to visit caves: consider riding. A mount is like an amulet of life saving: when your mount dies it gives 2 seconds to teleport away.

Alchemy is mainly for healing potion doing 100% heals and to make the concentration and experience potions to last minutes.

2 enhanced perception

3 dragon magic focus  - quickly to 9 points to modify familiar (mods: experience if using a mod which has it fixed, casting speed and regeneration time)

intellegence from the buff boosts damage of all spells and for your staff fighting

5 armour lore (mainly to unlock modifiers on armours and reducing reg time) - 1 point for a long time

Using destroyers when they are charged, even unmodified, Defense has higher priortiy in my eyes

8 concentration 2 buffs, so 1 point for now

12 mentalism focus; 9 points for runes of protection (physical resistance, missile and spell block). later 75 (combat trance and maelstrom)

18 elementalism focus

modify destroyers (probably explosive, swarm, swarm)

Destroyers have a cooldown. I would now work on a low level spamming maelstrom to lower attributes of enemies, cast it while the cooldowns. Easier to kill and they do less damage

So next is to get a special mount in easy difficulty, campaigne mode. Should be possible by now with the skills and the money. So we have aour amulet of live saving which looks like a   dragon.

25 combat discipline (1 point till foci are mastered)

35 elementalism lore

50 alchemy -1 point till really high level

You are probably in a higher difficulty now and you don't want a healing potion to just heal 33% of your max life.

65 riding or toughness 1 point first

Even it is an Elementalist, I would master the skills in following order_

mentalism focus, enhanced perception, elementalism focus, dragon magic focus, elementalism lore, combat discipline,...

I would stay away from hardcore. Kids, wife, dog, someone will disturb in the very worst moment. If it is your own mistake you can delete the character manually if you want.

• Appreciation 1
5 minutes ago, chattius said:

I would stay away from hardcore.

Thank You very much for Your help! I'm the type of a guy that starts new game if my character dies, hc is "must play" ^^ Can You also give me a little tip on attributes ? Also I dont have any mods, which one fixes familiar experience bonus?