Hi from Germany/Bavaria/Lower Franconia

Hi , hello, Seid gegrüßt from Germany, my name is Christian (43) , I'm a big Fan of Sacred 2 and Diablo II - and now I can play both Games at the same time :D

And it's fully playable with Linux - Windows is only good for looking out, but not for PC ;-)

Hey, nice to meet you!  Good that you have found Darkmatters. Compared to other Sacred related forums it is crowded like on a Weihnachtsmarkt here.

PS

Is it just me or are Germs taking the forum over slowly? :drinks:

53 minutes ago, Dax said:

Hey, nice to meet you!  Good that you have found Darkmatters. Compared to other Sacred related forums it is crowded like on a Weihnachtsmarkt here.

PS

Is it just me or are Germs taking the forum over slowly? :drinks:

:lol:

6 hours ago, StarFury76 said:

Hi , hello, Seid gegrüßt from Germany, my name is Christian (43) , I'm a big Fan of Sacred 2 and Diablo II - and now I can play both Games at the same time :D

And it's fully playable with Linux - Windows is only good for looking out, but not for PC ;-)

Happy to meet up with another you, Christian , always room for more SacredFans :bounce:

welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, StarFury76 said:

:lol:

I think we've always had a high number of Germans on the sites because of  the games origin? Just checked the stats for you now... it's actually even higher than I thought... Re top country by readers, United States is number one, and Germany is number two.

:)

gogo

As a Linux insider, can you take a look at S1 and the Reborn mod too? Moving away from Win10 might be interesting for gamers. Who knows how long both games remain playable on Windows based systems. Especially the end of support for Win7 forces people to make a decision. Dump and forget the old games, or hope that they remain compatible at least for a certain amount of time.

Long story short

Can you take a look at it, if you got some time left?

7 hours ago, Dax said:

As a Linux insider, can you take a look at S1 and the Reborn mod too? Moving away from Win10 might be interesting for gamers. Who knows how long both games remain playable on Windows based systems. Especially the end of support for Win7 forces people to make a decision. Dump and forget the old games, or hope that they remain compatible at least for a certain amount of time.

Long story short

Can you take a look at it, if you got some time left?

"Linux Insider" means "found a working Guide for 'How to Install Sacred 2 on Linux' => https://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/sacred-2-gold-guide.945/

The only things I had to change were using Wine 4.5 instead of 1.7.32 and you can use higher screen resolution für the emulatet desktop. And I was using a DVD-Version, you have to copy all files from both DVDs to an own folder to make it work.

For S1 there is a Guide too : https://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/threads/sacred-gold-guide.683/ (untested, have to get S1 again first)

I'm no geek for myself, but I think an "expert user", I understand what is going on and can adapt if it is not working ;)

Edited by StarFury76
  • Respect! 1

Thank you very much. I shall take a look at the guides. There is no need to buy S1 at all costs just to test it on Linux. I will ask my questions in the forum you mentioned. I hope they got enough patience to deal with a beginner like me. Heard that can be quite difficult. :smile:

A good day to you!

• Like! 1

Good Afternoon StarFury.

Welcome to DarkMatters. I hope you love the wonderful niche we have here where we can talk about games and food and games and drinks and laugh at funny stories told by our members.

Join us for a drink in Key Largo Bar!

StarFury76, you make me cry! Thats great news. Thank you for checking it out for me. Saved me a lot of trouble I guess.

Since you bought S1 and get only Horse drops in Sacred 2, you might be interested in my reworked GUI for S1. I will give you a little heads up  when its done.

Thanks buddy!

:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Thx for the info, I will remember it, but Linux gaming is currently far away. I got a lot of work to do with the new GUI and  even if I had 10 hands, it would not be enough.  Be assured that I will ask for your assistance again, as soon as I am ready to swap to Linux. Thx for the good advice StarFury76!