A Horse out of nowhere

Hm thats not my horse ... it appeared out of nowhere as a "drop" .... the second time it happend that way ...  the first one was the Inquisitor Girl which wants you to poison the Priestess at Seraphim Garden btw Monastery on the Dark Path an can be killed on the Light Path. The second was the Fire Elemental on the way to Easter Egg.

horse.jpg

• Haha 1

Yeah.  :lol:  I can't seem to figure that one out.  It's been in the mod for a long time.  Somewhere there's a either a horse itemtype added to some item blueprint, or else a horse blueprint added to drop.txt.  I was never able to find it.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Wait, so a horse drops?! :3lmao: What happens when you, ahm, you know... pick it up?! :twitch:

It just stands around like an idle background creature.  Can't be picked up. 

It's not outside the realm of possibility, with the right (wrong) classification in itemtype it could happen. Would be a good indicator of the source of the bug if so, but alas... 

8 hours ago, StarFury76 said:

it appeared out of nowhere as a "drop"

As a creature, a mount cannot be a drop, codewise. The associated trading item object(which uses said mount's model and textures), however, can and will, provided there's an entry in drop.txt. Normally, such entries a present for trader inventories only.

Edited by dimitrius154

That's what's happening.  Either:

1) I slipped a horse "trader item" itemtype into a blueprint entry where it doesn't belong.

or

2) I put a horse blueprint into a drop list where it doesn't belong.

I searched and searched but couldn't find anything.  It doesn't help that there are about 80 horse itemtypes.

6 hours ago, StarFury76 said:

So no more throwing horses anymore :thumbsupsmiley:I

Another Bug bites the dust

bug.jpg

If there was ever a bug that was .. "sacred'... this would have been it?

Happy squashing dear bug.. we will hear those "neighs" though in our dreams of recollection

:drinks:

gogo