2 Questions, zero grass distance? measurement of time?

Hi there, lurking the website, decided to register.

applied some guides I found here,

(I know how to change the options.txt and balance.txt)

Question#1:

Is there a way to show grass growing NOT?

I tried:

Putting

video.detail_grass = 1

this will change the options.txt to 1 aswell, however ingame it will still show grass growing... (lowest value ingame is 500 however).

when I put the slider to 100% it will be grown , which would also be okay, but eat more performance.

Question#2

What's the measurement of time? Particularly in the balance.txt

The question arises because I wanted to increase the respawntimer

RespawnTimeStandard = 900

For that it would be nice to know, what that even means... is that 900 seconds? 90,0 seconds?

I also tried

RespawnTimeStandard = 2

But it doesn't seem to make the respawn very quickly. (I know you have to walk out of range kinda, but not how far)

FYI: Some other changes work, so I know how to change stuff that I read, for instance camera distance and angle, or in the balance IsRuneForHero = 800 (2x, because there is no internet anymore for trading them) and both work.

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Thert said:

PS: I really don't find the edit button (?), of course I meant

RespawnTimeStandard

Hi Thert

The edit options comes after a few posts here for security.  I've updated your permissions to member status and you should be able to edit :superman: 

Happy you've found and posted here at the Sacred community and wish you well with the game

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Hello and welcome to the forums.

1) I believe you just want NO grass?  In that case just use the in-game options menu, and turn off the grass.  It's under Graphics --> Grass Details.

2) Lower values seem to speed up respawn time, and higher numbers seem to slow it down, but I can't tell you what exactly that number means in seconds.

• Thanks! 1
19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hi Thert

The edit options comes after a few posts here for security.  I've updated your permissions to member status and you should be able to edit :superman: 

Happy you've found and posted here at the Sacred community and wish you well with the game

Welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

Oh I see, thanks 1000x! Yes, there was quite some telling about darkmatters.org elsewhere (in posts from 2010 that I found). Thank you.

By the way, can I change my profile picture, or is it based on # of posts?

19 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello and welcome to the forums.

1) I believe you just want NO grass?  In that case just use the in-game options menu, and turn off the grass.  It's under Graphics --> Grass Details.

2) Lower values seem to speed up respawn time, and higher numbers seem to slow it down, but I can't tell you what exactly that number means in seconds.

Thank you. I'm blind, thanks,

2) there is also the

respawnTimeMPFactor = 3

(balance.txt) and I'm assuming in MP the mentioned timer would decrease, do you know if the quote means the normal timer's divided by 3 then? It says factor, so I'm confused. Not that this matters.

Edited by Guest
16 minutes ago, Thert said:

Oh I see, thanks 1000x! Yes, there was quite some telling about darkmatters.org elsewhere (in posts from 2010 that I found). Thank you.

By the way, can I change my profile picture, or is it based on # of posts?

Thank you. I'm blind, thanks,

2) there is also the

respawnTimeMPFactor = 3

(balance.txt) and I'm assuming in MP the mentioned timer would decrease, do you know if the quote means the normal timer's divided by 3 then? It says factor, so I'm confused. Not that this matters.

It is based on number of posts, but I've over ridden that and made you a Member :hugs:

Happy to see you here on the boards!

gogo

nice,

Question#4)

Do you know wether I can reduce the Divine Power's cooldown a bit (like of Tesla from 15 minutes to 10)? via modding? (Of course I know about the Divine Divinity Skill or "praying")

Edited by Guest
18 minutes ago, Thert said:

Do you know wether I can reduce the Divine Power's cooldown a bit (like of Tesla from 15 minutes to 10)? via modding? (Of course I know about the Divine Divinity Skill or "praying")

Look for this file in the following directory:

scripts/shared/spells.txt

Entry is "gott_wissen_drohnen", the line is: cooldown = "xxx.xxx" where the x is the number of seconds. 

All the god spells are adjacent in that script. They all start with "gott_"

aha, very useful thanks, so that's why I didn't find it - non-english terms :coffeecup:

Another question

#5 "Game Launch"

a) How can I change the game intros random-messages? (it's in green)

for instance:

"Poetry 5: ... It once was a knight in Ancaria..."

into stuff like Thert likes Pizza with Spinach

b) How can I turn off the intro-videos? When I restart often it becomes bad. edit: solved

PS Should I do a new thread for new questions?

#6 "Pet"

Can I change pet behaviour?

- aggro range

- new target behaviour (it goes to new targets even though there is still a fight)

I looked into the spells.txt (where I can change the spell casting and even  stuff armor...) and the creatures.txt (where I couldn't change much). So I didn't find anything.

#7 "relog-respawntimer"

Is there a way to make the respawnTime (standard) "global"?

What does that mean? global means that it persists when you log out (for logging back in again).

Why I think of this (being possible)? The Divine Power Timer is "global" too.

And what does it mean here? That monsters are NOT all respawned when you relog, but given their current respawn timer. Basically a full save, ending=starting:  where you play for a while,, then you quit,, and then continue exactly where you stopped with the same setting etc, basically a pause. Which is highly appropriate in Single Player imo.

Edited by Guest