Do you like Boss fights ? Do you think Boss drops are horrible for the time investment ? Do you hate it that even with Persistent = 1 you have to relog into the game everytime ?

Than this mod is for you, it adds dublicated main story bosses in the relevant area, so that you can easily pull and fight up to 10 bosses 1 on 1 in a row. No time loss between fights, no dieing because you pulled too many bosses either. Conveniently located next to your Soulstone.

Bugs: The Dragon and Bionic Flyer boss dont fight back propably due to missing scripts, and no more than 3 guardians can be fought consecutively.

You can save your character and position anytime with the Quicksave hotkey, standardly F7.

You can reanimate the multiplayer variant of bosses by switching persistent = 0 to 1. Look up these creature ids in quest.txt:

WARNING: Tempering with the quest.txt can influence or corrupt your character save. Make a backup of all your current character data before you attempt to temper with your quest.txt if you have any doubts.

creature = 368, --Boss Kraken
creature = 216, --Boss Demon
creature = 367, --Boss Scorpion
creature = 76, --Stonegolem Boss
creature = 1472, --Crystal Boss
creature = 1091, --Dragon Boss
creature = 217, --Mech Bionic Flyer Boss

Installation:

1. Download the file.
    Mirror: https://mega.nz/#!RVBHwI7J!ZSf9ecrFyFvLdYJHbIUXdw59qydV2O5nWs3VJspuRS0
  2. Point the Modmerge Software to the extracted folder.
    You can get the Modmerge Software here:
    http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/23956-beta-modlauncher-and-modmerge-software-dl/

Compability:
Boss Farms takes up the quest.txt creature ids 12000 - 12061. It is compatible with Mob Farms out of the box.
Modmerge System Compatible mods are always compatible with all versions and builds of Sacred 2

We are awaiting you

Unbenannt4.thumb.jpg.21675b4d2cb9995cf84b09f869d8adcb.jpg

Edited by Charon117
1 minute ago, Androdion said:

Interesting. Are the locations random or fixed, and if so do you have a map of them?

They are fixed locations, respawning bosses every time you relog into your game. They are situated in positions so that they create a farm chain, minimising distance you have to run in order to get to the next boss. As long as you are following the main quest line they are impossible to miss, except for the Bionic Flyer maybe, who is hidden to the left of the temple. But he doesnt fight back, so its kinda a lame duck.

Just try it out, you will see what I mean.

I will also add a warning about tempering with the quest.txt, and to make a backup.

12 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Seems like an interesting idea, though I assume one should probably skip this mod on the first campaign run.

Yes and no. I think so too, but as far as I remember I made all main story bosses available without having to pull Boss Farm bosses. You definitely have to handle the bosses well, but the point of this is if you can beat 1 boss you can also beat him again.

You can also easily remove the mod by deleting the entries 12000 to 12061 ids from your quest.txt again, which are conveniently all located at the bottom of the file.

Edited by Charon117

I think most campaign bosses are feasible, but depending on your build Gar, Octa and Orda/Xan (golem, nautilus and dragon) can be hard fights, as they are crossed in times where your early build can be a lot more vulnerable to them. I suggest a disclaimer to new players about this, that this should be a mod more oriented to veteran players than for a first run through the game.

17 minutes ago, Androdion said:

I think most campaign bosses are feasible, but depending on your build Gar, Octa and Orda/Xan (golem, nautilus and dragon) can be hard fights, as they are crossed in times where your early build can be a lot more vulnerable to them. I suggest a disclaimer to new players about this, that this should be a mod more oriented to veteran players than for a first run through the game.

Yes, I agree. I also scratch my head sometimes when I think how I should beat this with a fresh character.

But the name of the mod is Boss Farms, for players who want to farm bosses. This kind of implies that you need to possess the strenght to beat them 1 on 1.