Entangled Vine Entries , and Edaphnic Lances, GGT

Hi there, I'm new in this wiki and forum. I looked through the wikipedia of the Dryad and noticed some things:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Sacred+2:Tangled+Vine

I can't edit it myself,

but I don't even know this 100%, hence I decided to first create a post here (before editing it by not being 100% sure):

it says

Encroach - Increases the range of Tangled Vine. (400% + 2% per CA level increased area of effect)

The spell.txt entry is about 1/10 of that. I am assuming the person who wrote the entry misinterpreted the spell.txt entry (where 400 ^= 40%)

Apart from that modifications are fine.

The starting Damage value is NOT correct (?).

- - -

By the way this is similiar for Edaphic_Lances

The starting Damage is outdated. It is much higher.

- - -

for  Goldenglade_Touch

it says

Persevere - Increases the attribute Willpower. (20 + 30 per CA level increase)

this seems to be oudated too (?), again spell.txt says a different value, and ingame... per wiki it would be +3020 Willpower at CA100. (without Nature Lore)

-- Regarding Capricious Hunter

for Darting_Assault  similiar to Entangled Vine, the Area of Effect-Modification is outdated(?)

Rotate - The attack is directed at opponents all around the Dryad. (from 120° + 1° per CA level to 300° + 2° per CA level cone (?))

(different from spell.txt using lower values)

Scoll.

Edited by Guest

Hi Thert!

i've just received your pm about Wiki access... we do it manually now after meeting members here.

Id love to add you to the wiki, should be open for you within the hour... you can use the same login name as you use here and i'll email you the access.

Great to have you work on the Dbase!

:)

gogo

@Thert

First, thanks for your willingness to help edit the Wiki.  There are too few editors now and there's always work that needs to be done.

Second, you are, ah, misinterpreting some things in the scripts.

Let's just walk through them one by one so we don't make incorrect edits to the Wiki.

1)

This is the base range of Tangled Vine: {"et_range_area", 50, 0, 0, 4 },

This is the upgrade from the Encroach mod: {"et_range_area", 200, 1, 5, 4 },

50 increased to 200 is a 400% increase in range, not 40%.  Wiki was correct before.

If you want to understand what exactly these spell tokens do, they are actually a flat increase to range.  So it's not a multiplier at all, it's just easier to describe the effect to the reader by using percentages, since the flat values in the scripts don't equate to the exact meters used in game. 

2)

This is the spell token for the Persevere mod on Goldenglade Touch: {"et_addattr_willpower", 200, 300, 4, 41 },

This is equates to 20 + 30 Willpower points per level.  This means at level 100 it would grant 320 Willpower, not 3020 as you said.  Wiki was correct.

3)

This is the base angle of effect for Daring Assault:  entry0 = {"et_maxangle_cone", 120, 1, 0, 8 },

That's 120 degrees plus 1 degree per level.

This is the increased angle from the Rotate mod: {"et_maxangle_cone", 180, 1, 5, 8 },

This adds an additional 180 degrees plus 1 degree per level to the spread.  If you add this to the base angle, the result is a 300 degree spread, plus 2 degrees per level.  Wiki was correct.

Let me know if there are any questions.  :smile:

• Respect! 1

Thanks for the answer, 3 notes: A), B), C)

A)

9 hours ago, Flix said:

1)

This is the base range of Tangled Vine: {"et_range_area", 50, 0, 0, 4 },

This is the upgrade from the Encroach mod: {"et_range_area", 200, 1, 5, 4 },

50 increased to 200 is a 400% increase in range, not 40%.  Wiki was correct before.

If you want to understand what exactly these spell tokens do, they are actually a flat increase to range.  So it's not a multiplier at all, it's just easier to describe the effect to the reader by using percentages, since the flat values in the scripts don't equate to the exact meters used in game.  

okidoki. And you told me in your other thread, you changed it "back from 3 to 2 meters" and confirmed me, so allow me to be confused:

"et_range_area", 300, 1, 5, 4 },

to

"et_range_area", 200, 1, 5, 4 },

is what I asked and you said "yes" to. so you were  just using an easier language?

B)

is it really "increased to" ?

Contrary, from all the other entries I read the modifier does add its value

, so it would be 50 + 200 = 250, or not? that would then be +400%

(+200 = "400% increase"). Just making sure we're on the same boat (language).

3) Well, you confirming it there, it's added. Ye I didn't figure out those things, comes with time and ingame experience when I'm more capable of testing it myself ingame.

so?

C)

9 hours ago, Flix said:

2)

This is the spell token for the Persevere mod on Goldenglade Touch: {"et_addattr_willpower", 200, 300, 4, 41 },

This is equates to 20 + 30 Willpower points per level.  This means at level 100 it would grant 320 Willpower, not 3020 as you said.  Wiki was correct.

Wait ... From your own words the formula is WP = 20 + 30 * X

;;X = level. when you put in X = 100, => WP equals 3020 ?! (I also read such high values in a guide, but still thought it's a bit lower, because at CA200 it would be 6020)

in your words it had to be 20 + 3 per level.

FYI these were my values:         entry7 = {"et_addattr_willpower", 75, 100, 4, 41 }, so when I put in 200, 300 the values ingame got astronomically high. Don't mind about this, I'm aware I want to try a certain version of the game atm. (anything else is the same, almost)

edit: I rechecked with a level 1 char: @CA1 it's +50 WP, at CA2 it's +80WP. Maybe it should be "et_addattr_willpower", 200, 30, 4, 41 }, to be that 20+3*level

I was just stumbling across these "weird" things, is the main reason for this thread.

Sorry for the unnecessary work.

Thanks for clarifying.

- -

ps:

Don't treat this as priority, the questions A,B,C are more important to me, but

I tested the following change ingame (after reading the wiki) L o L

entry9 = {"et_range_area", 350, 1, 5, 4 },  --and 300 after reading your Enhanced Spells thread.

:DAnd funny enough it didn't hit that many targets, just 2 out of a 4 man group. Again this is just old stuff my earlier interpretion (to quote you) from the WIKI, I understand what You said here and asked in A) for details. So just some fun fact.

Edited by Guest
37 minutes ago, Thert said:

Wait ... From your own words the formula is WP = 20 + 30 * X

;;X = level. when you put in X = 100, => WP equals 3020 ?!

Yeah that was a simple mathematics error. It really is 3020 at level 100. It really is a ludicrously high value.

38 minutes ago, Thert said:

is what I asked and you said "yes" to. so you were  just using an easier language?

Yes. I think Androdion did the calculation and it actual turns out the scripts are using yards, which the game converts to meters.

19 minutes ago, Flix said:

Yeah

FYI I edited the post, not sure when was the last update I clicked edit and what you read.

What about B)

Edited by Guest
15 minutes ago, Thert said:

FYI I edited the post, not sure when was the last update I clicked edit and what you read.

What about B)

Can't quite make out what you're asking, sorry.  You can think of it like +400%.

FYI I can't send you message? Was about underwear patch..

By the way: In my current patch (2.12) I play I changed respawnTimeStandard

respawnTimeStandard = 900 --to 1800

do you know if that is still applicable in the most modern patch and the CM patch?

Edited by Guest