Don't Reset Position when loading save game?

G'day or evening.

Two ways I want to present first:

A)

I save my game.

I log out to change options,

I log back in.

Position is the one I saved.

"Success" <- that's what I want. :thumbsup:

B)

I save my game.

I log out to go offline / stop playing. (Sacred 2 is closed now)

I log back in.

Position is reset ...

bad :cry: <- I want A) even when I do wayB.  :viking:

The distances in Sacred 2 are very far. Sometimes I just want to play for not-so-long. (And If I want a "save spot" I can still press F12)

Since You can certainly have your position saved, as seen in A), ...

=>

... how can I enable that in way B) ? (that should be possible for modifications if you plan to make the game more like an MMO and not like Diablo). :help:

Climate Help by Answering:

This would enable not having to alt-tab only and let the pc on when going to work. I'm just trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions with this modification:

When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment. :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks

PS: okay, nice way,,, but what if I want to make this option active in a mod by default?

Edited by Guest

Solution: Press the Quick Save key.  Then immediately exit the game, without taking any other action in-game.  You will respawn at the exact position where you pressed the Quick Save key. This is effective even if the game is completely shut down.

aha nice,,,

, but what if I want to make this option active in a modification of the game by default?

So that it becomes game play of the mod (similar to an MMO)

Edited by Guest
On 2/15/2020 at 5:29 AM, Flix said:

Solution: Press the Quick Save key.  Then immediately exit the game, without taking any other action in-game.  You will respawn at the exact position where you pressed the Quick Save key. This is effective even if the game is completely shut down.

Interesting.  I've been doing this for some time but was worried I may eventually break something (I hate the "One True Save" system because of the risk of corruption... even though I back it up regularly) because doing it "correctly" is very slow and deposits me far from where I want to be.

I think I should take reassurance from people who know what they're talking about actually suggesting this approach!