Jump to content

Jayce

Never too late to do well... Hello!

Recommended Posts

Greetings everybody,

I am registered in this site for one (almost 2 :):o ! ) year and did not introduce myself.

Will, I am living in Poland, soon another country, and still enjoying playing Sacred 1 and 2, since ... nearly their beginning, although started lately on the 2nd (4 years ago).

Deceived that there is no more server for experimenting MPG, I don't despair to find possible host, or being the host.

à bientôt :wink:

Edited by Jayce
language mistake
  • Appreciation 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

Welcome (officially) to DarkMatters Jayce! There has been some discussion in regards to getting a server that will work for online multiplayer and I would particularly like to play Sacred 2 with other enthusiasts. It's nice to have members introduce themselves and become active posters as it is what makes this an interesting community where we may become acquainted and interact with one another. So, to what place will you be relocating? Please excuse my curiosity.

Thanks for your cool answer Hooyaah :)

An Enthusiast team for sure would be perfect to make an "interesting community where we may become acquainted and interact with one another. " :wink:

Thanks for asking, on the contrary feel free ! Actually I am not sure where I will go but it may be south east Asia, Philippines, or equatorial Africa ( Cameroon ) as per IT opportunities over there, my knowledges in this field which are still in progress, and the rythm of my heart.

This idea of having a dedicated server for Sacred is very nice :thumbsup:. I suppose it will be decided according to the amount of "Vintage" players who will connect.

I was wondering by the way this idea : is it possible to create maps for sacred (1&2) ? Like for this game Heroes of MM 1234567, anyone can create a map then we just put the files in the concerned folder. It enhances seriously the life duration of the game.

I mean here that, after having played Sacred many times with several heroes, maps and quests are repetitives, which can result a bit of annoyment/bore (and it is my feeling after some years). It is rather odder that I feel that especially on Sacred 2 although it is really more beautiful and fluid than the Sacred 1.

As this possibility to get a server is making me blooming ideas I suppose this is a special thread of discussion for this topic. Please let me know if it is.

Regards,

P.S : How to set a citation like a signature after a discussion as you do "The reward for the virtue of patience is redeemed in everlasting dividends." ?

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Jayce said:

Greetings everybody,

I am registered in this site for one (almost 2 :):o ! ) year and did not introduce myself.

Will, I am living in Poland, soon another country, and still enjoying playing Sacred 1 and 2, since ... nearly their beginning, although started lately on the 2nd (4 years ago).

Deceived that there is no more server for experimenting MPG, I don't despair to find possible host, or being the host.

à bientôt :wink:

I'm always delighted that people still find their way to our boards.  Such an old game, but still such a great community... of which you're now part! Those online servers bring back reams of nostalgia...its where I first fell in love with gaming, and it seems like its just something which isn't going to ebb.  I know there were a a few members here had had managed to somehow reverse engineer the code for MP and they could perhaps even be reached in that topic here... I think they even brought their work to the Sacred 2 Steam pages?

Happy to meet Jayce, and a hearty welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

 

gogo

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I'm always delighted that people still find their way to our boards.  Such an old game, but still such a great community... of which you're now part! Those online servers bring back reams of nostalgia...its where I first fell in love with gaming, and it seems like its just something which isn't going to ebb.  I know there were a a few members here had had managed to somehow reverse engineer the code for MP and they could perhaps even be reached in that topic here... I think they even brought their work to the Sacred 2 Steam pages?

Happy to meet Jayce, and a hearty welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

 

gogo

Thank you Gogoblender :)

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dax said:

Hello Jayce!

Yes, it is never too late to say hello. I am glad that more users raise their voice after the forum bloomed a bit more. Thats nice.

Speaking of maps, there is a guy who has access to the Toolset. Zerisius. I wrote him a PM, he did not respond unfortunately. Long time ago he was member of a modding team that tried to do some changes to S1, using the toolset. I suppose the whole thing is in German, it might be difficult to handle it if you arent a fluent German speaker. The possibility to add new maps or at least placeables to the game would be great. I will see if I can find out a bit more about it. Stay tuned, I will keep you up to date.

Btw, its your life, you decide on your own, but I recommend to stay Miles away from equatorial areas. Southeast Asia is getting battered by a multi-resistant Malaria, origin is Vietnam most likely, and Africa is full of nasty diseases that make the hairs on your arm stand up.

Oh, and good knowledge of French language, btw.  :smile:

 

Thank you Dax :)

... Who knows... peut-être suis-je français :wink:

Ok thanks for the advice. I will wait one more year in Poland to see how the situation is evoluting, and will take bundles of artemisiae with me :cool:

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Dax said:

Hello Jayce!

I tried to locate the old forum of Darkbloods, the guys that extracted the toolset from the game. Could not find it. It was a walking dead since years I guess. However, I remember that the team found the toolset inside Sacreds .exe, extracted it and made some changes to the game like placing stuff and such things. Maybe you want to look into it.

zerisius is a member here, uploaded the toolset too, but something went wrong. Maybe because the file was an exe. Well, maybe he will answer you if you contact him.

Hello Dax, thanks for the research!

I've sent an eye on steamcommunity.com, found zerisius but offline. Let's see if he will be reachable for the coming weekend.

I found the white rabbit and fell into the hole...

I will send you feedback when I'll pull me out of there ...

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 2/21/2020 at 12:00 AM, Jayce said:

I found the white rabbit and fell into the hole...

 

Got ya!

I have found the websites using wayback machine. I just started to look at them. zerisius is, and will be, the person you are looking for. Thorium might help too, he is a member here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130218211150/http://darkbloods.0fees.net/

https://sacreddarkbloods.forumieren.de/t26-wichtig-bitte-lesen-wir-sind-nicht-tot-wichtig-bitte-lesen

 

darkbloods.png

As you see, the desert screenshot is very interesting. Stuff has been placed on the map, the game is running. Note the health bar and the level-up button on the upper right corner. Yes, it is possible. Imagine what could be done....

Edited by Dax
  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Jayce! Nice to meet you. Glad you have joined to become part of an amazing community for truly amazing (even if old) games!

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, DarkWolfNine said:

Hi Jayce! Nice to meet you. Glad you have joined to become part of an amazing community for truly amazing (even if old) games!

Yeah, thank you DarkWolf :wink:

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/4/2020 at 7:27 AM, Dax said:

Got ya!

I have found the websites using wayback machine. I just started to look at them. zerisius is, and will be, the person you are looking for. Thorium might help too, he is a member here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130218211150/http://darkbloods.0fees.net/

https://sacreddarkbloods.forumieren.de/t26-wichtig-bitte-lesen-wir-sind-nicht-tot-wichtig-bitte-lesen

 

darkbloods.png

As you see, the desert screenshot is very interesting. Stuff has been placed on the map, the game is running. Note the health bar and the level-up button on the upper right corner. Yes, it is possible. Imagine what could be done....

Yo Dax! Thanks for the tracks, and interesting screenshots indeed !

Sorry for the long time before answering, even though I was still on the thread of the topic.

I sent a message into the bottle of contact of darkbloods. It looked like a dead site, or an old relic from the past at the golden age of Sacred 1 & 2. :spider:

The new forum mentioned there never opened...:dntknw:

For now Zerisius looks like a ghost. Well let's wait again a while, else let's do something as far as we can.

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, zerisius said:

hey sorry im no forum user and I always forget about these. I want to clear out some stuff.

there was never a public thing like a "sacred toolset" it was just a collection of old id lists, hacks, tools and other stuff I had lying around on my hdd. 

sorry to disappoint you with this. like you already found out, the russian vk communitys for this game is where new stuff regarding sacred happens today. darkbloods was dead for like 7 years but im now in the process of recollecting old members of our long lost sacred history. we have opened a discord server but stuff written there so far is german only. 

Delighted to meet one of the early modders, Zersius,  There's been a kind of resurgence in this game in last wee while with some great modding going on coming from, as yo mentioned, the Russian Team who posts regularly here with their work, Dax with skins ...and Flix's brilliant new mod for Sacred a la Diablo... The Fallen

welcome to DArkMatters!

:)

 

gogo

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Delighted to meet one of the early modders, Zersius,  There's been a kind of resurgence in this game in last wee while with some great modding going on coming from, as yo mentioned, the Russian Team who posts regularly here with their work...and Flix's brilliant new mod for Sacred a la Diablo... The Fallen

welcome to DArkMatters!

:)

 

gogo

thanks since I got back into sacred like last week I still need to get back on track again since I forgot so much stuff. but I will keep an eye on this forum

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, zerisius said:

thanks since I got back into sacred like last week I still need to get back on track again since I forgot so much stuff. but I will keep an eye on this forum

I'm so happy that Dax was able to get this wave going and now you're here with this new gen of modders... thanks for coming to Sacred's Last Standing Fan World... 

 I've affixed a new group and color to your post for modders

Enjoy the community!

:superman:

gogo

p.s. and if you feel so inclined we have a marvelous collection of intro posts from some very awesome fans over the last 15 years :bounce:

(we may make you into a forummer yet! :wizard: 

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/forum/63-darkmatters-introductions/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, zerisius said:

I never had someone actually be glad I came back to a forum to this day so thats something I probably wont forget so fast my dude. actually this isnt my first account here but I forgot the old name and email. (doesnt change anything since I never wrote anything and that was like 10 years ago? )

(please dont ban me for multi account now that I got a warm welcome :explode:)

I will look into introducing myself but for now I have to get some sleep. good night 

Bravo! 

lol mutli account... :lol: I can help with that..if you remember your nic or email u used during that time just pm it to me and I'll merge the accounts.  We've done this a number of times for members... this is what happens when we've been around for so long

:4rofl:

 

gogo

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Timotheus said:

I figure being a month late welcoming you aboard fits this topic nicely :bye: hiya Jayce!

Hello Timo !

Don't worry, you are in the right place ! :drinks:

Thanks for your kind words

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yes. I think aswell we can make it if we work together. Got +20 to motivation currently. Thanks to all of you guys. Lets get it on! :cow:

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×