Sacred 2 Keybinding on laptop

Hello wizards, I have a slight problem you might possibly be able to help me with. I recently bought a new laptop (Acer Predator Helios 300 / 15.6" / FHD / IPS / 144Hz / Win 10 Home / Nordic layout keyboard) and the game runs perfectly except for one detail. I have managed to bind the keys (numeric 1 to F1, 2 to F2 and so on) in optionsCustom.txt and it works just fine on my desktop Win 10 computer, but it has no effect on the laptop. 

Is this a common thing with laptops, or is it just mine? The F-keys works as intended ingame, so it can´t be a problem with the game not recogniscing them, it´s just that the binding doesn´t work.

On 2/19/2020 at 3:11 AM, ric7202 said:

Hello wizards, I have a slight problem you might possibly be able to help me with. I recently bought a new laptop (Acer Predator Helios 300 / 15.6" / FHD / IPS / 144Hz / Win 10 Home / Nordic layout keyboard) and the game runs perfectly except for one detail. I have managed to bind the keys (numeric 1 to F1, 2 to F2 and so on) in optionsCustom.txt and it works just fine on my desktop Win 10 computer, but it has no effect on the laptop. 

Is this a common thing with laptops, or is it just mine? The F-keys works as intended ingame, so it can´t be a problem with the game not recogniscing them, it´s just that the binding doesn´t work.

Predator... nice!   I have been looking in earnest to replace my laptop and in fact even desk top with a more powerful mobile laptop... the days of that tower jutting out and above my desk just seem to have less and less appeal ...specially since I saw someone with a fierce looking Sager was traveling and doing lighting support work for a DJ just melting videos in to any shape he wants quickly

I've never actually played sacred 2 on my lap top, its mostly for word processing, but maybe someone here with a more robust mobile set up like yours will have some helpful feedback

:)

gogo

p.s. just gotta know...is that laptop worth the hype? :D :bounce:

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Predator... nice!   I have been looking in earnest to replace my laptop and in fact even desk top with a more powerful mobile laptop... the days of that tower jutting out and above my desk just seem to have less and less appeal ...specially since I saw someone with a fierce looking Sager was traveling and doing lighting support work for a DJ just melting videos in to any shape he wants quickly

I've never actually played sacred 2 on my lap top, its mostly for word processing, but maybe someone here with a more robust mobile set up like yours will have some helpful feedback

:)

gogo

p.s. just gotta know...is that laptop worth the hype? :D :bounce:

Thx for your input, and although I don´t know anything about any hype, I must say that this Lap is fantastic. I bought a desktop last year, and the new Lap outruns it by a mile. I remember back then that I was thinking about getting a Lap instead of a desktop, but the price and performance worried me, so I went for the desktop. Fool. I should have gotten the Lap there and then, and just used it with my widescreen when at home. Oh well... the desktop isn´t that bad anyway, about a million times better than my old one. So, if you find a pot of gold, go for a nice gaming laptop and prepare to be dazzled. My went for about 1600 euro, but I have seen others up towards 9000 euro. I can´t even imagine how good they must be. 

Back to the topic at hand. I found out what went wrong with the keybinding. I had copied the optionsCustom.txt from my desktop and put it on my laptop, but somewhere in the transfer the file itself got corrupted. The textlines looked ok in it, so it must have been something else. I replaced it and then it worked just fine.