9 hours ago, DarkWolfNine said:

Hello everyone.

My name is Christopher. I live in WA State USA. I've been a long time Clan-DA member. After my long hiatus from the Sacred community, I'm happy to be back, and I am glad to get to know all of the new (and re-acquainting with the veteran) members of DarkMatters!

Cheers,
- DarkWolfNine

DarkWolfNine!

Great seeing you here on the boards! I was over at Clan DA checking it out just a few days ago... I'm always delighted when members of our sister clan show up.

Thanks for joining up and getting to know the community.  

And what an avatar :thumbsup:

welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1
30 minutes ago, Dax said:

So, Night Wolf is Lisa Drevin from WolfesLair? I dont know how much time I have spend back in the day at WL. Glaring at uniques, piecing them together in my imagination. Over and over again. Ah, the good old days. 

A good day to you, sir!

Yep, NightWolfe is one in the same! She was very active (back in the day) working on her Wolfe's Lair site. She was pretty active on Clan-DA site as well (sister clan of D.a.r.k.) I helped her a lot with Sacred 2 information, pictures of items, quest information, etc. Anything I could do, as she didn't have the game yet (Sacred 2).

The good old days is right!

Cheers!

Edited by DarkWolfNine
  • Appreciation 1
On 3/6/2020 at 1:01 PM, Dax said:

So, Night Wolf is Lisa Drevin from WolfesLair? I dont know how much time I have spend back in the day at WL. Glaring at uniques, piecing them together in my imagination. Over and over again. Ah, the good old days. 

A good day to you, sir!

I did an interview with Lisa back when she was putting so much content up for the fans...
DARKMATTERS PRESENTS - INTERVIEW WITH NIGHTWOLFE

it was only because of her that it "clicked" for me the amazing value she had created for gamers...and that was bringing so much community together.  She has a way of communicating quests to the masses that is IMO the best I've ever seen...and me and Schot tried to walk in her foot steps when we were up the Chrstimas Quest  walk through on the wiki when the add on came out.. a lot of fun but SO much work having to do a think through like that and connecting not just content but the sentiments of the users walking through that question.

Bravo NighwWolfe!! :hugs:

:heart:

gogo

Nice interview. 12 years old now. Too bad that I have discovered Sacred that late. When I think back what I did 2008.... time flies! Thank you for digging it out gogo!

You actually made me sink into a long few-moments of nostalgia waves.  Love going through the old interviews... I even got to speak to one of the Devs who did all the music and sounds effects from this game... marvelous insight.

gogo

Ah yes. I remember that I read the interview. Sometimes I ask myself what the devs are doing nowadays. I watched Starship Troopers lately on Youtube. Dina Meyer was so tough in this movie. She has got her own channel on Youtube and when I watched some of her videos, how to cook tasty stuff in a proper way, I had some severe flashbacks. It was like some kind of time travel. From 2020 back to 1997 in a second. Crazy.  Maybe I should watch the movie again...

Yes... now you got me thinking about it as well...maybe I can track it down :bounce: I remember StarShip Troopers being an avid read for me when i was a kid... so many socio-polotical concepts that were so new for me and mostly not understanding them ..but all this forgotten in the face of the real thrill...

big bug eyed monsters!!

image.png

:4rofl:

gogo

I am aware of the book but I did not read it. Is it worth the effort?

Btw, many thought constructs of today are cheap rip offs. Fascist ideology hasnt changed a bit nor did communist ideology. Those who still repeat it constantly, simply hope that people are not aware of the ideologys fathers writings. If you are, the whole thing collapses like a house of cards. 

1 minute ago, Dax said:

I am aware of the book but I did not read it. Is it worth the effort?

Btw, many thought constructs of today are cheap rip offs. Fascist ideology hasnt changed a bit nor did communist ideology. Those who still repeat it constantly, simply hope that people are not aware of the ideologys fathers writings. If you are, the whole thing collapses like a house of cards. 

It's pulp...but when it came out there wasnt a lot published out there like that .. Heinlein's dialogue is pretty good 

gogo

Such a great classic movie! - I haven't read the book either. I might have to check it out one day (when I get back into my reading phase! But I'm not letting it derail my Sacred phase!!!!!!!!!! Tho I can multitask! hahahaha)

• Haha 1

My book looks so and I prefer the book over the movie.

image.jpg

I preferred this book more: The Forever War

No speed faster than light, but wormholes. So when a spaceship starts to fight at a planet it needs decades for the travel, soldiers hibernating. Of cause in these decades technology (and sexual prefereences) doesn't stand still. So sometime humans have the technocial advantage over the enemy soldiers on a planet and the following month they are attacked by spaceships which seem to come from a future hundred years in advance. After 5 wars the Captain started as a soldier 500 years ago. He would be the richest man on earth if he would survive. To his frustration he and the ship cat are the only heterosexual beings on a spaceship with 500 soldiers of both sexes. A war which couldn't be won like Vietnam, humans turned homesexual for birth control, ....

Too much to make a hollywood movie from it I fear. But I like the idea that sometime the time will be ripe for it.

08216323n.jpg

21 minutes ago, DarkWolfNine said:

Such a great classic movie!

An instant classic indeed. A shame that the following movies where b-movies in the best case. The animated versions from Japan are even worse. Most of the Startroop actors disappeared somewhere in Hollywood, no one made it into bigger movies. Too bad. I liked all of them.

Speaking of iconic roles, what do you think of the new Blade Runner compared to the old one?

1 hour ago, DarkWolfNine said:

Such a great classic movie! - I haven't read the book either. I might have to check it out one day (when I get back into my reading phase! But I'm not letting it derail my Sacred phase!!!!!!!!!! Tho I can multitask! hahahaha)

I loved that movie and still do... to this day I think so much of it is good looking re effects... man, those insects are brutal

gogo

ni re

1 hour ago, chattius said:

My book looks so and I prefer the book over the movie.

image.jpg

I preferred this book more: The Forever War

No speed faster than light, but wormholes. So when a spaceship starts to fight at a planet it needs decades for the travel, soldiers hibernating. Of cause in these decades technology (and sexual prefereences) doesn't stand still. So sometime humans have the technocial advantage over the enemy soldiers on a planet and the following month they are attacked by spaceships which seem to come from a future hundred years in advance. After 5 wars the Captain started as a soldier 500 years ago. He would be the richest man on earth if he would survive. To his frustration he and the ship cat are the only heterosexual beings on a spaceship with 500 soldiers of both sexes. A war which couldn't be won like Vietnam, humans turned homesexual for birth control, ....

Too much to make a hollywood movie from it I fear. But I like the idea that sometime the time will be ripe for it.

08216323n.jpg

Funny when I read your write up of that book, it makes me think of perhaps that or many many other dusty books I've read dusty, dim-lit small second hand book stores... reams of adventure, exploding stars and valiant heroism... I'm sure your book will come up for production one if not already... so much stuff I've read and just want to see on screen!

:dance:

gogo

I know that I am late to the Welcoming Party, but welcome to DarkMatters DarkWolfNine.

I hope you will have a fun and exciting time on the forum as I have had...

• Like! 1