How to find all a forum member's Posts and Topics

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

This is an interesting question and somewhat handy when trying to understand the background of someone posting here on our forum and attempt to get a "feel" for them. It came to my attention that someone here was looking for a topic that they had created which had been in an old forum that I had deleted. The forum program here is quite good and automatically moves all posts from a deleted forum into a default forum. lol, the problem was that I couldn't remember which forum was the default/catch forum and so it seemed that I would be taken up this weekend with a long and rather arduous task of hunting down this member's Topic. The Answer? Simple. Just Click on any member's profile here and at the top right of your screen you will see the link Profile Options which I now understand is kind of hard to see and is perhaps the reason why I over looked this nifty little tool. By just clicking on that link you will have access to all that member's posts and perhaps more importantly all the TOPICS that they themselves have started.

Have fun at darkmatters and if there are any questions regarding functionality that you wish explained or need aid with simply post or pm any member of the mod team.

Thanks

:)

gogo

This helps a lot. Thanks Gogo. My old sistem was not bad as well I went and cryed to Claire that I couldnt find something and she did it for me. At list now she has obe less job LOL

Very handy little link that is, oh yes. Actually... Would it be worth while to put that link on the thread page? you know. Under a members avatar somewhere? Maybe with the "pm" button...

I could remove that useless "card" button and put a "posts" button instead. Or something like that.

HA HA! You are right Schot that card button needs to go to retirement. I have been asking myself what it does from the day I came to the forum and never clicked it. /blush

I did now and I am with you it needs to go and its place should be taken over by the member post find thingy.

I use the find posts/threads button a lot so anything to make it better is great by me....LOL...my memory is not so great so that button is a HUGE help :P

Yeah kill the card lets have it be post/topics started hehehe