How do you change the name of a CA?

'Sup,

how do I change the name of a Combat Art?

I'm assuming not only the Combat Art Tab, but also the Rune, and the Gear are affected, certainly some global.
Thanks

Assuming you have decoded global.res, just search for the name of the CA.  It should be sufficient to change two entries: the CA tooltip name and the rune name.

First of all Thanks, the topic contains alot.

feedback: Add S2RW to the modding tools or download section?  http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/files/category/78-fallen-angel-tools/#

old:

On 3/16/2020 at 11:39 AM, Flix said:

Assuming you have decoded global.res, just search for the name of the CA.  It should be sufficient to change two entries: the CA tooltip name and the rune name.

how do I know which is the tooltip name, and which is the rune name? (I found 4 entries with the same name).

edit: okay I looked at the ones top and bottom, so.. solved.

I tried this one:

On 9/14/2015 at 11:23 PM, Flix said:

If you want to decode global.res, then s2rw needs to be in the same folder, so inside the locale folder for your language.

On 9/14/2015 at 7:57 PM, Caledor said:

all I get is the "no sacred 2 found" message at launch

I did what you proposed, but still getting the message. I have digital fallen angel.

However works in the system folder

edit nvm

On 9/15/2016 at 9:56 PM, Flix said:

t's easily overcome by placing a dummy file (no file extension) in the same folder called "noS2".

works

Edited by Guest

Try this instead: copy the S2rw files into the game's "System" folder.  Make a dummy file (no file extension) called nos2 in that same folder.  Now try to run it.

For decoding, you might try to copy the global.res file into the System folder as well.

Ah yea I found that help in the other thread after some searching. nice

Edit4: Question: Do I also find the System messages here? or where? (the joke ones you get in the "code-intro-screen", which also appears when you open the ingame command line. edit: I didn't find any of those messages there... for instance:  "the past tempts us <...>"

Edit3: Okay I could make it change the ingame now, below is only old information/question, maybe of use for someone reading later:

BTW . update:

Spoiler

For encoding, it needs to be in the Sacred 2 system folder (so I have two copies of s2rw sitting in my Sacred 2 folder). For encoding you have to use command prompt. Direct it to start in the /system folder and enter the command:

S2rw.v.1.7exe globalEn_texts.txt En+ S2rw.v1.7.exe globalEn_texts.txt En+

I created the the  global.res_En_new here in the /System folder (and I tested it it includes the changed.txt now, and then? edit3: replaced it with the global.res in the language file. works ingame.

Problem: I can use the .exec and press encode "all texts" (after decoding) In the language folder.

I encoded my changed file in the language folder,,,

I got the global.res_En_new#

edit: I decoded that new .res and it has only the default values.?

then I renamed it to global.res (from global.res_En_new)

but it didn't change anything ingame.!

BTW: When I start the Program in /system it opens but there are 3 red warnings:

Missing Sacred 2 file ALF.dll (!)
Missing Sacred 2 file DFA.DLL (!)
Missing Sacred 2 file APEX_release.dll (!)

----

Should I post these question into the other thread? (You might merge them if you want.)

Edited by Guest