Enemies have a delay before spawn

Hello brave wizards and warriors, I have a new little annoyance (I know it's not new but for my system it is): when I enter a new cave, the enemies spawn like 10 seconds after I have entered the cave. I have already seen this problem so it's not 'new' but it never happened to me before. I have now a stronger system and the annoyance is there while on my weaker system the problem wasn't there.

Is there a way to remedy to this please? Maybe allocating more memory in optionsCustom.txt or something like that?

Thank you very much for any answer.

I think this started with CM 1.60, a side effect of a different fix.  This was alleviated in Dmitriy's mod but you'd have to use his files to get the benefit.

Hmm ok thanks. It's like the quest when you arrived to El-Darag (the first Desert village). There are a dozen of Du'rach fighters who attack the village when you arrive. Now I have to wait like 30 seconds before the fight begins. But the most annoying thing is this spawn delay yes.

Thank tou for your suggestions guys, I'll see what I am able to do.

I'm not sure to know which files are involved and how to merge Dimitriy's files with D2F

Edited by desm
53 minutes ago, desm said:

I'm not sure to know which files are involved and how to merge Dimitriy's files with D2F

You can't, sorry if that was misleading.  We would need to petition him to make some version of his files that work with D2F.  Appropriate time for that might be after he releases his latest beta version.

13 hours ago, Flix said:

I think this started with CM 1.60, a side effect of a different fix.  This was alleviated in Dmitriy's mod but you'd have to use his files to get the benefit.

Actually, it's a random server-client desync effect for objects and creatures, that can be traced back to the vanilla 2.65.2. The delay is random 10 sec - 5 minutes.

8 hours ago, desm said:

Could you please consider the problem when you can? Or if you have another solution?

The issue, if I recall correctly, is caused by an improper isServer check. It can only be fixed through code editing.

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

In El-Daragh if you kill one of the stalled Durach enemies the fight begins instantly. 

It can be derouting for new players who don't know what's going on. And I remember to not have this issue in earlier times but since when? I don't know. But it's not a big deal either.

15 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

The issue, if I recall correctly, is caused by an improper isServer check. It can only be fixed through code editing

Thanks Dmitriy. But I don't understand why I have this issue suddenly while it never happened to me before. Well, I'll deal with it so. Thanks.

30 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Try switching characters

I created a new character with a new session but the delay is still there BUT I have also doubled all the memory settings in optionsCustom.txt and it seems it has lower the delay to 1-2 seconds which is more acceptable. I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, have to play more to see. Thanks guys.

For info:

manager.animMem = ‭67108864‬
manager.grannyMem = ‭134217728‬
manager.pmsMem = ‭16777216‬
manager.secMem = ‭67108864‬
manager.sptMem = ‭16777216‬
manager.texMem = ‭419430400‬

Edited by desm
  • Thanks! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I can add that this was a coincindence (it seems to depend of the area). In the Wastelands I have little delay whereas in Desert I have super long delay. So touching the memory as I did had no effect in fact it seems.