Hello from someone definitely not from Ferelden :)

Greetings messers and messerettes :)

A big hello from an expat currently living (locked :D ) in Belgium!!

I specifically joined these forums because I am really interested in following your modding community.

I also wanted to thanks however worked on those various mods, especially the community patch and the enhanced edition!!

I am having fun with my "Gatling gun Mentalist" Seraphim (who use all 3 aspects for combat arts btw ... I couldn't resist trying all those new arts and different versions of old ones :D ). 

I am also having trouble with my latest character due to Steam apparently thinking my Sacred 2 was not installed anymore ... at which point it overwrote all the mods with the normal version :O As a result, I have lost all the community patch and enhanced items in the process ... dang!! But my Seraphim will not be stopped by such mere mortal meddling!! JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED !! -> ie: the monster killing will continue ;)

So I thought it would be a good idea to join to not only get the lastest versions of the mods (just to be safe) but also to thank, again, all the people who worked on the mods I am enjoying so far :)

See you soon.
Daedalus.

13 hours ago, DaedalusDreamJournal said:

Greetings messers and messerettes :)

A big hello from an expat currently living (locked :D ) in Belgium!!

I specifically joined these forums because I am really interested in following your modding community.

I also wanted to thanks however worked on those various mods, especially the community patch and the enhanced edition!!

I am having fun with my "Gatling gun Mentalist" Seraphim (who use all 3 aspects for combat arts btw ... I couldn't resist trying all those new arts and different versions of old ones :D ). 

I am also having trouble with my latest character due to Steam apparently thinking my Sacred 2 was not installed anymore ... at which point it overwrote all the mods with the normal version :O As a result, I have lost all the community patch and enhanced items in the process ... dang!! But my Seraphim will not be stopped by such mere mortal meddling!! JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED !! -> ie: the monster killing will continue ;)

So I thought it would be a good idea to join to not only get the lastest versions of the mods (just to be safe) but also to thank, again, all the people who worked on the mods I am enjoying so far :)

See you soon.
Daedalus.

A terrific intro Pascal! This game has some of the most hard core fans in the business, and its modding community has been the center of attention for years now with the huge undertaking of the CMPatch, Enhanced Edition, and Flix's latest Oeurve... Sacred 2 The Fallen!

Meeting up with new members is one of my favorite posts, and seeing as you're already fitted with some of Sacred's high - powered builds ( Gatling gun Mentalist!)  means you're here to acquire more firepower for this game ^^

Thanks for this great post to read this morning, and the big hello.

We're happy to see you here on these boards

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:superman:

gogo

• Like! 1

"Someone definitely not from Ferelden"

image.png.1e771cfc50767226a31221347944d048.png

The Teyrn would like a word with you sir.

(Sorry if that was a reference from later games, I only ever played the first one).

Welcome to DarkMatters, I hope you enjoy the game and your time on the boards.

• Like! 1

Many thanks for the greetings good seraphim's!!

Since I have taken back the Sacred (2) mantle, I have done a respectable, not the biggest, but still respectable +650 hours on the game. I have yet to reach nioubum though, I am still finishing gold at level 108 with my Seraphim.

Speaking of my "gatling gun mentalist", it's an interesting story for me personally, as I did not intend her to end up this way initially. Initially, I wanted to start exploring and experimenting with the combat art changes in the enhanced edition ... really fun so far!! :D 

And I learned a lot in the process!! And this how my current build came to be. 

I have others on the work, but this is my main one.

And to summarize the build, it's a three aspect build that focuses majorly on spell based combat arts ... all of them. The core of the build is the Dashing Alacrity+Divine protection combo to give both defense capabilities but, also, offensive speed to the build. And man ... you can make a lot of sparks fly with this one. And that's the "gatling gun" part.

The "mentalist" part started, as you might have suspected already, with the radiant pillar mod "hypnotize" ... it's really fun placing pillars left and right and see monsters and champions flying around on the screen ahahah! :D The addition of sonic vortex makes this even more effective with the knockback mod.

Add a few more mods and buff to slow down enemy movement speed and you have monsters flying around at snail speed doing nothing while my Seraph is literally shooting a hail of spells at them. 

And that's where I am so far :D

I'll open a thread somewhere to give you my experience on this if you'd like ;)

PS:

Btw, if I open said thread, where would be the best place for this?

• Like! 1

EDIT:

If I am to write a guide, I am willing to but it'd be good if I take to niobum first :) Also, some input from other players might invaluable so I can refine the concept ... which is working fine for me right now (and in fact is starting to do wonders since I finally understood some key feature of both the mod and how to include it in my build :D )

You are welcome good seraphim, most welcome ;)

By the way, can we include sounds files, like mp3 here? I have to introduce myself again ... properly this time by creating a fun mp3 ... granted my mic is not best one ever (in fact it's not very good at all but okay) ... still, I have a very fun idea that is been throttling in my mind for a while and perhaps this would be a good opportunity to share.

And I am not kidding when I say I am from Orlais and not from Ferelden ... perhaps the mp3 might prove why. (and rest assured that at least 89% of the people that will hear will realize what I am saying is totally correct on that front ... true story bro, true story !! :D ).

On 3/29/2020 at 5:32 PM, DaedalusDreamJournal said:

You are welcome good seraphim, most welcome ;)

By the way, can we include sounds files, like mp3 here? I have to introduce myself again ... properly this time by creating a fun mp3 ... granted my mic is not best one ever (in fact it's not very good at all but okay) ... still, I have a very fun idea that is been throttling in my mind for a while and perhaps this would be a good opportunity to share.

And I am not kidding when I say I am from Orlais and not from Ferelden ... perhaps the mp3 might prove why. (and rest assured that at least 89% of the people that will hear will realize what I am saying is totally correct on that front ... true story bro, true story !! :D ).

heh.. the nic is a bit long...and Ive found myself having to choose between having to copy paste it or use your real name...

Nic changes arent so hard... if you'd like to change it please just pm me and will be happy to oblige!

:gogo:

gogo

Oups ... sorry.

Simply Daedalus would be fine as a nickname. So You may change it at your convenience. I think it would be easier for everyone involded :)

Force of habit really since I've been using that handle a lot recently for identification purposes ... I should have thought about using the simpler "Daedalus" only name (though I wasn't sure if taken or not, apart from Greek legens fan like me, I am assuming there might Deus Ex fans or other  ...  I was afraid the name might be already taken that's all).

19 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

Oups ... sorry.

Simply Daedalus would be fine as a nickname. So You may change it at your convenience. I think it would be easier for everyone involded :)

Force of habit really since I've been using that handle a lot recently for identification purposes ... I should have thought about using the simpler "Daedalus" only name (though I wasn't sure if taken or not, apart from Greek legens fan like me, I am assuming there might Deus Ex fans or other  ...  I was afraid the name might be already taken that's all).

And... still not taken yet

Welcome Daedalus!

:drinks:

gogo