The story of my main character in Enhanced Edition :)

Daedalus

thanks for the reply man!

And yes, I do also have the same feeling as you do on this: The lightning lord is the de-facto "ultimate" boss of the game right now ... but by such a margin that ... well, he does seem overpowered.

There are additional as far as my own toon is concerned:

-Lack of easy access to poison damage (making it extremely difficult for a caster based seraph such as mine).

- Complete and utter lack of access to healing magic. And in fact, I quickly saw how that change the seraph play in a very, very major way. And I feel the use of Energy shields one way or another is practically a requirement ... which makes it tough fight the ligthning due the metric ton of damage he does combined with a cooldown of 90 sec or so for divine protection. :O

The presence of fen fires there is only coumpoding those problems (though in that area, my seraph is pretty to be honest, so that's not really a major problem for me, just the extreme amount of damage deal by the lord).

In any case, thanks for the input, very much appreciated :)

Same here man, my apologies for "beating this subject into the ground" as Androdion appropriately put out. And anyways, my first instinct was that I must have been doing something wrong with the character and I wasn't aware that you two already discussed this, sorry :bow:

That being said, it is now a matter of honor!! Ezraelle MUST kill the lightning lord ... and we're talking using the current version here (possibly by downgrading to said current if I try the next patch before the victory ;) ). I am currently doing the niobum run for Abizagail in the swamp ... to get the mighty +´% to all stats weapon :) I have hunch it will help a ton. Also, it's been a while since the game gave me a good lightsaber now that I am thinking about it, and this means my archangel's wrath might not be up to par (especially since it's one damage channel heavily resisted by the 'high voltage' lord :P  And we will find a way to "unplug him" for good!!! ... at least we will try our hardest !! :)

Speaking of which, I am curious as to what kind of work goes into creating custom made monsters/champions/bosses. Because,I do remember some of my first bosses in Enhanced Edition who posed a significant challenge which ... well ... enhanced my experience of the game. It forced me to adapt a lot to find strategies to beat them and made the game more fun :)

So, I am wondering what sort of stuff is required to build custom challenges to propose to players in a mod is what I am saying.

Edited by Daedalus

Using the skill Magic Find makes a huge difference when you're on the hunt for drops, it's a real game changer in that respect. Are you trying to find the Magisil or am I reading it wrong? If so you might want to head to the Blood Forest and kill the Abishai as it drops from him. Be aware though, he's very though and deceitful with lots of traps and a leech aura, so when you think you have him cornered he can still redline you in seconds. I know I've had some issues with him in the past! :D

• Haha 1

Oops! I messed up not once but twice!

First, I indeed meant the Magisil from the Abishai ... but ... well ... I am back on studies (online courses of course), and I might have been a bit tired which would explain how I messed up the names oups! :D

And Second, I thought I had posted a reply ... but, again, I must watch my fatigue level because I must have forgotten to press "enter", "post" or something.

Anyways, my seraph is on fire! The Abishai was .... well ... I am not sure what happened but it was a cakewalk. I did of course made sure the proper relics and items were equipped (for once! :P ) but ... well ... he did not manage to significantly damage just my shields.

As for the Magisil I got from the encounter ... well ... while the item is certainly nice, it wasn't quite the boost I expected from it. The tinwora's'curse I found a bit later that's a surprising and different story.

But the %to casting speed, +to all combat arts, two gold socket place, - regen time to all combat arts, and an updated damage value ... well ... with Darth Maul mace, it is fast becoming my de facto weapon of choice at the moment. I did neglect those + to combat art but they do help a lot combined with all the other bonuses I have.  It makes my "auras" (permanent buff) much more effective, and it is stating to show.

Speaking of "auras", I replaced the cleansing brillance back with warding energy ... and despite the fact I haven't gobbled up the amount of runes I could at the moment ... it is already pulling its weight a lot already nonetheless.

I finally mastered Toughness ... instant +10% to all damage mitigation ... with all that I have already, it is also helping a ton.  :D

I am currently fixing a couple of things and doing the last chapter of niobum, but, for the moment, that build is proving to be more and more effective the more I play with it.

Currently, I am using slot 3 and 5 a lot for weapons/shields. I put the tinwora's curse in the slot 5 and am deciding which shield to use with it. Celioth's ward, shield of mirrors and patience of saints seems like the best I have so far.

Slot 5 is my default one as it allows me to really pull that "Mentalist Machine gun" mentality of the build. I am spamming radiant pillars and attack spells like there's no tomorrow. And I am sure a lot of the monster are getting headaches as a result (at least before dying) :P  For example, before fighting the Abishai, I read in the wiki that there is a part with 9 special "Eyes" champions with Life Leech who are extremely dangerous and that you should not take them all at the same time. But with the Radiant Pillar and Sonic Vortex spam ... well ... they don't have much time to cast spell or attack do they?

Slot 3 is my "agressive" slot, with Darth Maul's mace and a stack of DeathBlow modifier on the lightsaber and some on my armor ... monsters tend to die pretty fast. And there are some place (the desert area for example), where I could very quickly kill anything on sight be they mob or champions. Even the final scorpion boss did not last long (same for the poison lord by the way).

Anyways, it is more a question of refining the build at this stage ... and testing it against much more difficult challenge (like say the Lightning lord pre-voltage adjustment :P ... and of course, the challenge mode of EE) :)

• Appreciation 1

All right, Now at level 156 and I believe I do have a very solid build here.
I am going to start a draft to post this in the build section of the forums.

Thing is, since it is my first run with the build and I lack the experience some of you guys have, I might require some help to do that.

Especially the part for the lower levels as far as surviving go.

That being said, I am starting to have a pretty good grasp on many of its aspects, namely:

- CA used and modifications.

- Skills pick and general attribution of points there.

- Items and items modifiers of note and their various use depending on the stage of the game for some. 

- Combo usage : despite not using the skill for that, 2 ways combos are more than enough it seems though of the course the skill would help. Also, important to note, this build is originally for use withouth expert touch, but I've already started experiment for use in expert touch (with one skill replaced with combat discipline).

- items slot usage.

- How to handle the build in different types of combat : mobs, champions, bosses and how to use combinations of combos/slots

So, if you think about something to use in that list, feel free to make suggestions :)

Also, is it ok if I use the next posts in here to create a draft?

On 8/23/2020 at 11:06 AM, Daedalus said:

All right, Now at level 156 and I believe I do have a very solid build here.
I am going to start a draft to post this in the build section of the forums.

Thing is, since it is my first run with the build and I lack the experience some of you guys have, I might require some help to do that.

Especially the part for the lower levels as far as surviving go.

That being said, I am starting to have a pretty good grasp on many of its aspects, namely:

- CA used and modifications.

- Skills pick and general attribution of points there.

- Items and items modifiers of note and their various use depending on the stage of the game for some. 

- Combo usage : despite not using the skill for that, 2 ways combos are more than enough it seems though of the course the skill would help. Also, important to note, this build is originally for use withouth expert touch, but I've already started experiment for use in expert touch (with one skill replaced with combat discipline).

- items slot usage.

- How to handle the build in different types of combat : mobs, champions, bosses and how to use combinations of combos/slots

So, if you think about something to use in that list, feel free to make suggestions :)

Also, is it ok if I use the next posts in here to create a draft?

The best part I've always found for build guides was when someone took time to list out when they made skill choices at what level.  I remember when I was working with that Ice Elf years back, not knowing what to choose when started becoming the thorn in my side, and slowly working through that was where the success came in.  Your detailed adventure is already great momentum with all your posts and community feedback,  and enough to steer builders to try out your guide on your road

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 1:31 AM, Daedalus said:

I think that might be the source of the problem :

image.png.e9c979f7a65296c0f753d5b440545d75.pngNGCLF_CHAINWEAPONMorningStar,1Scourge,1Nunchaku,1

Maybe that helps answer your question .. but the names I see there seems to do just that :)

For future reference, is it okay next time we discuss things like this that I post my response in the Enhanced Edition thread? For clarity purposes and so you have a single place to look for when trying to see things that needs to be done? :)

EDIT: I might also need to check my version of community patch since I've installed it quite some time ago, a bit before I did EEdition 3.0, just as a side note and for clarity purposes ;)

Well, I think I figured this one out.  I don't believe these name changes made it into CM Patch 1.60.  They were added in previous release, but somehow.... went missing?

I will have to add them back myself in the next release of EE.  I owe an apology for trying to blame it on your install.  I noticed the same thing today as I was testing things.

• Like! 1