Good home work station?

gogoblender

Hello folks!
Does anyone have a work station they really like? or have their eyes on? With the virus and inability to go out much, there's a lot of OverTime coming in from work.  I work for Fido, sub of Rogers... one of the big three companies here in Canada for Telecom...and all those companies have to work through this virus as essential services. .  I feel very very  grateful and lucky that I have a job through these days, and the kinds of calls I have to get through is often very disheartening if not heart breaking.  We are though getting through, and I always try to find that piece of sunshine in every call that could make someone smile :gogo: 

I'm doing about fifty hours of work per week these days... we get 37.5 for full time plus another ten hours that we're allowed to do as OT... its starting to weight down on me these last two weeks, and is different from working in the Office where we had great desks (motorized!) and plump chairs... anyone here using a motorized desK? That's what I'm really looking for.  I know a lot of stuff has gone on sale lately... and Schot has one and swears by it... anyone got a setup or possible one they're looking at that could be interesting to make this work at home world interesting?

:)

gogo

It starts with a good chair, good monitor(s), good keyboard, good input device,

The chair

It highly depends on the number of monitors you need, more than one and your chair should be turnable

how long you sit a day -wife says all this home office people are walking far less now, hemorrhoid pandemie will follow the covid19 one

So lets start with the chair for a one monitor workplace

va100008.jpg?1508768036

We survived covid19, we surely won't die now because of hemorrhoid caused diseases

11 hours ago, chattius said:

It starts with a good chair, good monitor(s), good keyboard, good input device,

The chair

It highly depends on the number of monitors you need, more than one and your chair should be turnable

how long you sit a day -wife says all this home office people are walking far less now, hemorrhoid pandemie will follow the covid19 one

So lets start with the chair for a one monitor workplace

va100008.jpg?1508768036

We survived covid19, we surely won't die now because of hemorrhoid caused diseases

Woah! lol I saw that actually ...im not sure though...it looks a little ...abstract ?

:lol:

gogo

My personal vote would go to a motorized desk as well. We have manual ones in our office, but I had the luxury of using fully motorized desks at one of our clients. Especially the ones with built-in memory, wow. No need for such a chair when you can switch between standing and sitting down that easily. IMHO. 

Though a chair can be a decent investment if you do have/want to sit down all day. As far as I've heard, Herman Miller is the go-to brand for proper office chairs. 

• Like! 1

Perhaps such a chair is more for us maths or problem solving people. You can lean back and use the rocking chair effect while thinking, really helps.

But still: in a normal office you walk and move more than in a home office. So hemorrhoids are a known problem.

The Kniestuhl ( knee chair?)- stupid name, you shouldn't place your knees on it- allows more ways to sit than a normal chair. And the weight on the hemorrhoid-making body part is greatly reduced. The angle on the sitting part moves some weight to the thighs. The lower part of the chair moves the rest of your bodyweight to the shanks.

On 4/1/2020 at 3:03 AM, chattius said:

Too bad that there is a lockdown. testsitting on one of them would have been a good idea.

I started using them as a student with a room of just 8 squaremetres. Was a foldable one with desk included. Was pushed below the bed when not needed. made room for social contacts, Was of cause in a time when pen, paper, pocket calculator and a math book was all a math student needed.

There are more variants, removable back ...

varier_variable_grau_esche_schwarz_lehne

The model my wife is using in her praxis looks like this

1054507670.png

Sitting, working and relaxing on them is more flexible than you may think.

nestnature_kniehocker_rokko_buche_3.jpg

varier-s27-thatsit-frau-nach-hinten-gele

You know, I've actually seen these... but never actually wanted to try it out .. at least the one that has rockers and no back... it looked too dangerous lol... at least for long periods of time? Im stuck in seat now for about eight to nine hours... but when the lock down is eased perhaps ill check out the overall feel.

gogo

On 4/1/2020 at 5:00 AM, Timotheus said:

My personal vote would go to a motorized desk as well. We have manual ones in our office, but I had the luxury of using fully motorized desks at one of our clients. Especially the ones with built-in memory, wow. No need for such a chair when you can switch between standing and sitting down that easily. IMHO. 

Though a chair can be a decent investment if you do have/want to sit down all day. As far as I've heard, Herman Miller is the go-to brand for proper office chairs. 

I'm starting to see some more discussion of these motorized desks being brought up over the net... I guess as more people start working from home, unique tailored solutions per user will befound... imagination has no reins...im in face thinking of actually from this now ( as we cant go outside and even shop properly :lol: ) to while changing my desk, paint and redo the floors... these would be great investments in my health and productivity!

I had read that we all have to come out of the virus with at least one new skill set , side hustle or something of value... I'm hoping this is the right track for me

gogo