From hero to zero in 1 minute

4 hours ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

But at least the streaming attempt I had in mind had all it should contain, a hero, a tragic death and the demise of a semi-boss monster. :D 

Thorin :) 

lol...i SO hate that boss... its a sickly weird strange sensation feeling that everything is not working, and then realizing your buffs are down and then, as your screen red zones and you get that heart palpitating flash... you run....

Ahhh, the memories of HC!

Thorin, RIP Mate... and with your brave and strong SW!

:viking:

gogo

• Like! 1

Haha yeah it's rough.  I've lost a 92% Survival Bonus on my first Dragon Mage when testing a mod years ago.  Now I always have back up copies of all characters for testing.  :D

I actually made the decision just a few weeks ago to remove that debuffing effect from that chain lightning spell completely in my mods.  This means The White Griffin, those little Furies in the Northland, and lots of custom creatures will no longer make gameplay so miserable.

I decided to replace the effect with a little-used property that penalizes your regeneration times instead.  So you still don't want to be hit by it but at least it's not fatal.

• Like! 1

I remember a time in german sacred forum when I wrote that I am actually using alchemy in my builds. Alchemy was so useful: mentors for minutes, healing potions doing full heals and best was this trophy you could use for healing. It hadn't the delay healing potions had and it could be used in PvP and against this griphon.

How unfair David

wie_unfair_david.JPG

• Like! 1

oh man... sorry to hear you had to take that hit and lose that survival bonus... the white griffin is a bit of a nasty boss to take on... I have run away so many times... and have started spamming my healing potions, not caring about the buffs that are getting debuffed... just trying to kill it as soon as possible...

• Like! 1
46 minutes ago, Flix said:

This means The White Griffin, those little Furies in the Northland, and lots of custom creatures will no longer make gameplay so miserable.

I

miserable... that was THE word I was looking for!

mot juste!

:lol:

gogo

Yup, the loss of that huge amount of SB was more painful as the death itself.
I see that death a bit as being too confident about being able to deal with Niob monsters at a Platinum level SW, but loosing that SB.....
Yet, as the same time I think the entire event showed the person watching me what the game is about; the challenges, the possible death by a monster and how to avenge your own death. It was enough to spark her interest in the game, so who knows; perhaps we got another Sacred(2) addict soon. :)

Most important lesson I learned from it, is to create a backup of my chars. Because the ones I got are way to old to deal with a situation like this.....

• Like! 1
19 hours ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

Most important lesson I learned from it, is to create a backup of my chars. Because the ones I got are way to old to deal with a situation like this.....

Funny how in HC everyone always has this crazy SB...and I remember somewhere Schot had figgered out a way to get the SB high in game.. sticking your toon around a fence somewhere and taking shots at spawning zombies or something?

:gun2:

gogo

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Funny how in HC everyone always has this crazy SB...and I remember somewhere Schot had figgered out a way to get the SB high in game.. sticking your toon around a fence somewhere and taking shots at spawning zombies or something?

:gun2:

gogo

Gogo, first of all, my char wasn't a HC char; but a SC one. Otherwise I hadn't been able to respawn and kill that griffin afterwards.

Second of all, in Sacred 2 you only got SB from fighting, so yes, standing behind a fence and shooting at things would help if you're actually able to get a damaging shot at them.

This is unlike Sacred: Underworld, in which you would be able to increase your SB by simply standing close enough to a monster that it would count as being in fighting stance.

20 minutes ago, Thorin Oakshield said:

Second of all, in Sacred 2 you only got SB from fighting, so yes, standing behind a fence and shooting at things would help if you're actually able to get a damaging shot at them.

This is unlike Sacred: Underworld, in which you would be able to increase your SB by simply standing close enough to a monster that it would count as being in fighting stance.

No, Gogo's right, it works the same way in Sacred 2.  If you stand close enough to an enemy for the game to consider you in combat, the Survival Bonus will rise.  For example standing at the town limits, close enough to an enemy to draw its attention, but still within town, the enemy will run towards you and then retreat over and over again.  This counts as "combat" = more Survival Bonus.

I know this because I left my Dragon Mage like that over night to test how much the Survival Bonus would rise.  It got back up into the 70's I think.

The last character I played was my singing barbarian in D2F. I used Panzerband (sort of duct tape) for survival bonus.

Used a portal in a dead end where normally no enemies spawn. Lured a champion to the place .

Did the weakening CA on right mouse button and locked the button with duct tape. Every 0,3s a reduce stats, attack speed, ... on the enemy. Turned off all buffs with reflecting,  removed all reflecting gear

Enemy did mainly physical damage and I put on everything which did physical damage reduction or armour.

I never saw my health reduce but the SB rose.