Excalibur! The best and most noble of swords.  I especially like the pommel of your design and hand guards. This is a hero's sword to rely and fall back upon when all seems darkest.  Always loved everything this sword makes me feel for... history, heritage and just "doing the right stuff"

Do you follow any Stephen King, SheHawk? In his Dark Tower series, the hero boasts a pair of Sandalwood guns which are his primal defense in his battles against Randal Flag... 

They have been passed down through the ages from Arthur Eld himself, down to Steven Deschain and ultimately Roland Deschain.They were made using the melted down blue-grey steel of the sword, Excalibur, and have the rose, the sign of the Eld, engraved in the side. The sandalwood grips of the gun have never lost their fragrance and near the muzzle of each gun can be seen scroll work which translates to "White", which was Arthur's dinh mark.

:paladin:

gogo

• Appreciation 1

The best swords in the world (including Japan) in 9th to 11th century are of cause Ulfberht swords. The main reason is that they were probably forged around our region and I have to say that as a patriot. A smaller reason is that they were so deadly that it was forbidden to export them or write down how to make them by Charlemagne.

A village few hills away is named Wilnsdorf. From Wiki:

'Wilnsdorf had its first documentary mention in 1185 under the name Willelmesdorf. A further form of the community's name is also recorded, Wielandisdorf, which is based on a local legend about a blacksmith named Wieland (also known as Weyland in English) who, according to local lore, lived nearby. It is true that iron mining and smelting had their beginnings in Wilnsdorf, and throughout the Siegerland, many centuries ago. History first mentions a mine in what is today the community's municipal area in 1298.'

There are some discussed documents that vikings would have bought swords in our area. So the vikings got their best 'Viking' swords from some barbarians living mid in a big forest ;)

If you don't know the swords: watch the video, somewhere is that the metal used is around the Lahn river north of Frankfurt.

• Respect! 1
On 4/6/2020 at 12:40 PM, gogoblender said:

Excalibur! The best and most noble of swords.  I especially like the pommel of your design and hand guards. This is a hero's sword to rely and fall back upon when all seems darkest.  Always loved everything this sword makes me feel for... history, heritage and just "doing the right stuff"

Do you follow any Stephen King, SheHawk? In his Dark Tower series, the hero boasts a pair of Sandalwood guns which are his primal defense in his battles against Randal Flag... 

:paladin:

gogo

Thank you Gogo, I am glad that you like the pommel and the hand guards, I wanted to go for something unique in both and the over all sword design itself. Sorry to say no, I am not a fan of horror books or movies, the only Stephen King movie that I liked and still do to this day is The Langoliers. I apoplogies if I am spelling that wrong, but I hope you know which movie I am referring to? I like and love all types of Fantasy Swords, I am not all to sure what it is that fascinates me about fantasy swords, but they have always held a wealth of imagination for me and I am very grateful for that.

Edited by SheHawk
19 hours ago, chattius said:

The best swords in the world (including Japan) in 9th to 11th century are of cause Ulfberht swords. The main reason is that they were probably forged around our region and I have to say that as a patriot. A smaller reason is that they were so deadly that it was forbidden to export them or write down how to make them by Charlemagne.

A village few hills away is named Wilnsdorf. From Wiki:

'Wilnsdorf had its first documentary mention in 1185 under the name Willelmesdorf. A further form of the community's name is also recorded, Wielandisdorf, which is based on a local legend about a blacksmith named Wieland (also known as Weyland in English) who, according to local lore, lived nearby. It is true that iron mining and smelting had their beginnings in Wilnsdorf, and throughout the Siegerland, many centuries ago. History first mentions a mine in what is today the community's municipal area in 1298.'

There are some discussed documents that vikings would have bought swords in our area. So the vikings got their best 'Viking' swords from some barbarians living mid in a big forest ;)

If you don't know the swords: watch the video, somewhere is that the metal used is around the Lahn river north of Frankfurt.

Thank you Chattius for that lovely insightful information. It is very much appreciated.