Dragon Mage's Protectors under 1.60

In CM-Patch 1.60, the protectors from the Dragon Mage gained 2 new innate skills.

However, I noticed that the protectors are far less aggressive in combat than before.

Most of the time they are inactive, standing around and don't attack much. Additionally, they often need a longer time to cast the new heal spell, even if they lost only a little amount of health. The cast animation takes somewhat long and prevents them from attacking at that time.

In short: The new AI of the protectors is not good for combat.

Before they attacked quickly and frequently. Since that is not the case anymore now, I would suggest removing the skills again and letting the protectors get back to their original more combat-oriented AI.

Because right now I find the protectors pretty ineffective. 

The 1.60 behavior was a workaround for the default Protector spellclass being broken.  To use the spells Ascaron made for him he got the Fire Demon's AI, which was not very brave or focused on melee.

This is fixed in Enhanced Edition.  Constant melee attacks punctuated by spells (and he has a few more useful spells too). 

• Like! 1

Ok, then it is time now to install your Enhanced Edition. I wanted to try that anyway. Great work!

Let's hope THQ will take up everything the Sacred 2 community has developed over the years and make a remastered version similar to Titan Quest Anniversary Edition.

• Like! 1
35 minutes ago, Henlikuoth said:

Ok, then it is time now to install your Enhanced Edition. I wanted to try that anyway. Great work!

Let's hope THQ will take up everything the Sacred 2 community has developed over the years and make a remastered version similar to Titan Quest Anniversary Edition.

We can only hope!  That would be legendary.

Let me know about Enhanced Edition. You're not necessarily stuck with something if you don't like it, I'm open to feedback.

I installed the Original Spells. But unfortunately, I cannot see any difference with regards to the Protector. He is still inactive mostly and not attacking.

You said it would be fixed in the EE. Can you double-check?

D'oh!  :wacko:  I forgot that the updated AI isn't officially released yet.  It will be present in 2.4.  I have a test patch out there with the updates but right now it's only for Enhanced Spells version.

4 minutes ago, Henlikuoth said:

Any updates when version 2.4 will be available?

It's technically done, I just have the laborious process of preparing all the different languages.  I made a lot of work for myself in this area by writing two new quests that need to be translated and inserted into the localization files.  Honestly it could be weeks.

I'll try to throw together a version of the current 2.4 test patch for Original Spells for you today.

Why don't you just focus on English for now? I would assume most are able to read English, even from other countries.

It would be great if you provide the test patch. 

I may give some feedback soon regarding a few things I encountered in the game if you allow.

5 hours ago, Henlikuoth said:

Why don't you just focus on English for now?

Believe it or not I get a lot of PM's about including other languages.  Many helpful fans have offered up full or partial translations over the years.  For example I recently just got a package of the Hungarian texts fully reworked by a user on here.

About the test patch, I realize now I've changed too much in the scripts and with the overall structure of the mod to release just the Protector change without uploading the entire mod; as there are too many script inter-dependencies to upload just a part of it.

"Weeks" may have been an exaggeration; I knocked out French, Spanish, and Polish today.  So I'll tentatively say by May 1.

• Respect! 1
57 minutes ago, Flix said:

Believe it or not I get a lot of PM's about including other languages.  Many helpful fans have offered up full or partial translations over the years.  For example I recently just got a package of the Hungarian texts fully reworked by a user on here.

This is one of the finest parts of your modding Flix.  That so many globally are committed to offering help over all these  years to be a part of your work flow. 

Fans love what you're doing... stay true to your formulae

:gogo:

gogo

• Thanks! 1