Sacred 2 CM patch v 0160 does nothing when I run the the cm-enable.exe file.

Good afternoon,

My apologies if this problem has been covered previously.  I searched but could not find a discussion that covered my particular issue.   I also don't post much at all, so I am still learning the protocols of where to post what.  

I recently came back to Sacred 2 as I played fallen Angel years ago and loved it.:)   I recently bought the Steam version of the Sacred 2 Gold edition (includes the Blood and Ice DLC) for PC.  My game version says it is v 265.2 .  The CM patch states it will work for v265.1 or higher.

The vanilla game works perfectly for me, no crashes, no errors, no problems loading.  However I would really like the fixes and changes that the community patch offers.  I downloaded the CM patch v 0160 from both DarkMatters and the Nexus sites and unzipped the enable and disable files into my Sacred 2 game folder.   However when I run the cm-enable.exe file nothing happens.  I get a popup asking if I should let the patch make changes, I click yes and then...nothing.  No install wizard or messages of any kind.  I've checked in-game and things the patch notes say it has modified are still vanilla so I am assume I am doing something wrong. 

Please, I would very much appreciate any help you can offer!

• Like! 1

Flix,

Thank you very much!  Momentarily disabling my antivirus/malware did the trick.  Game is sooo much more enjoyable and reliable now.  Plus I can finally play a viable shape shifting dragon mage now :)!  I feel a bit foolish for not thinking to try that lol.  

I appreciate the help!

• Like! 1
On 4/20/2020 at 8:21 AM, Beep said:

Good afternoon,

My apologies if this problem has been covered previously.  I searched but could not find a discussion that covered my particular issue.   I also don't post much at all, so I am still learning the protocols of where to post what.  

I recently came back to Sacred 2 as I played fallen Angel years ago and loved it.:)   I recently bought the Steam version of the Sacred 2 Gold edition (includes the Blood and Ice DLC) for PC.  My game version says it is v 265.2 .  The CM patch states it will work for v265.1 or higher.

The vanilla game works perfectly for me, no crashes, no errors, no problems loading.  However I would really like the fixes and changes that the community patch offers.  I downloaded the CM patch v 0160 from both DarkMatters and the Nexus sites and unzipped the enable and disable files into my Sacred 2 game folder.   However when I run the cm-enable.exe file nothing happens.  I get a popup asking if I should let the patch make changes, I click yes and then...nothing.  No install wizard or messages of any kind.  I've checked in-game and things the patch notes say it has modified are still vanilla so I am assume I am doing something wrong. 

Please, I would very much appreciate any help you can offer!

Really happy that Flix was able to help you out Beep...and delighted that you're in love with Sacred...

welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo