Laharl's Sword (Disgaea)

SheHawk

You did a very good job, Amy. I am currently playing The Witcher 3 and one of the things that I love about the game is all of the swords than one may encounter, use, and collect. There are some very impressive "relic" swords and one of them is called Aerondight (received from The Lady Of The Lake). Since you apparently appreciate swords too you may want to look at some of the ones in the links below and see if there is anything of their design that strikes you and that could serve to influence your future designs. Thank you very much for sharing your work with us!

The Witcher 3 Steel Swords

The Witcher 3 Silver Swords

• Appreciation 1
On 4/25/2020 at 9:15 AM, SheHawk said:

Yet another fantasy sword made by me with the use of Sketchup.

6542102_LaharlsSword.thumb.jpg.c7f85445eb45c6540c793daed135dcc1.jpg

Go here to view it in full 3D: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/fe761905-05c2-4789-a47b-2db682dccf34/Laharls-Sword

I love spinning it around in 3d... your own unique artifact...good job!

In fact, this is the first time I've heard of this game before... pulled up the trailer...I like its angle on the traditional rpg?

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
20 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

You did a very good job, Amy. I am currently playing The Witcher 3 and one of the things that I love about the game is all of the swords than one may encounter, use, and collect. There are some very impressive "relic" swords and one of them is called Aerondight (received from The Lady Of The Lake). Since you apparently appreciate swords too you may want to look at some of the ones in the links below and see if there is anything of their design that strikes you and that could serve to influence your future designs. Thank you very much for sharing your work with us!

The Witcher 3 Steel Swords

The Witcher 3 Silver Swords

Thank you Steve, much appreciated and I definitely will take a look of those swords, so thank you for mentioing them to me and giving me the links to them. 3D swords is my second most good thing I am fairly good at doing and I do want to be able to improve in this particular area so that I can do more of the fancier type swords, to see what I can achieve. I love sharing my work here and there are plenty of cool swords in Sacred 2, I just wish there was a way to get a good close up screen capture of them, so I can try and make the swords from the game. I welcome any influence you wish to share and inspire me with, I will and am beyond grateful for any sword images you like that you think would be of interest to me to try and make, I will give it a good go. Thank you so much fro the inspirations that you inspire.

12 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I love spinning it around in 3d... your own unique artifact...good job!

In fact, this is the first time I've heard of this game before... pulled up the trailer...I like its angle on the traditional rpg?

:thumbsup:

gogo

Thank you Gogo, much appreciated. It is cool to be able to spin the sword around, being able to see it in 3D makes one appreciate the details, effort and time a person has spent into making 3D swords. I love the Disgaea games, I have Disgaea 1&2 They are so funny and cool to play, but I ahve not played those games now in a very long time. I think I might reply them again.

Steve, I have taken a look at the sword links that you gave me. Sad and sorry to say that I need a full image of a sword for me to be able to do my swords from in sketchup. Below are two image examples to show you what I mean. I hope they help?

Example 1 (JPEG)the-guardian-fantasy-medieval-sword-1523-3.thumb.jpg.ad3f7da493cb298337f006d701920864.jpg

Example 2: (PNG)d8ztzvv-f034bc42-47ad-420e-a190-31556f181bcc.thumb.jpg.8a5b515ffb3931e4e8fb5ccff4bb46e1.jpg

Edited by SheHawk

I understand, yet a good side-view of the swords are not available. Still, the side view may be, with a bit of creativity, imagined in such a way as to be successful in the completion of a new and original design. This distinction is what separates an artist from a craftsman, or one who merely follows a design or diagram.

• Respect! 1
21 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

I understand, yet a good side-view of the swords are not available. Still, the side view may be, with a bit of creativity, imagined in such a way as to be successful in the completion of a new and original design. This distinction is what separates an artist from a craftsman, or one who merely follows a design or diagram.

It's funny that you said that Steve, without any images of swords at all, truly I created (See Image Below)

1846470333_TheSwordOfKumahn.thumb.jpg.0ad3187cca012dafc316a492dc6b63bf.jpg

The Sword Of Kumahn

For a full 3D View Go here: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/b26bc3727c5960d58c362d63d34a4d0a/The-Sword-Of-Kumahn

The sword is made up from my own imagination, in fact from my old profile, you will see that I have done a few of my own types of fantasy swords, but they all have one thing in common, the blades are all diamond shape, you will see what I mean when you look more closley at the swords. You will also see, my very first feble attempt at doing swords, it's there among my other models. Though I have come a long way and also, I am trying now to get away from this diamond shape blade making method. There is still room for improvement with my sword making, without a doubt and I certainly appreciate your input, I respect you and your opinions grately as both are equally inspiring and uplifting, so, thank you for that Stave. I need images of different shaped blades the more different the shape, the better, same goes for pommels, so that I can make each one unique for each and every sword that I do. Yesterday all day I spent many hours creating a sword with a different shaped blade, crossguard and pommel, I will upload the  model to Sketchup sometime later on today and share it with you here, it was made from an image of a swrod that I have, but I have made slight altererings to help make the sword more uniqely my own, like Laharl's sword here, I copied the shape of it, for  sure, but beyond this, the sword is to of my own making even right down to using which textures I feel that works the best for my model swords.

Edited by SheHawk
  • Like! 1

Your sword looks beautiful. Here is a link that I believe you will find helpful and help you to understand the components of a sword and what purpose they serve. It should help your creations appear more functional and realistic. Please let me know what things you learned from the information linked below that you will apply to your future designs.

Sword Components

• Appreciation 1
2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Your sword looks beautiful. Here is a link that I believe you will find helpful and help you to understand the components of a sword and what purpose they serve. It should help your creations appear more functional and realistic. Please let me know what things you learned from the information linked below that you will apply to your future designs.

Sword Components

Thank you so much Steve for the link. It is great, fantastic even and even before you gave me the link, after my first two early swords I re-approached the whole sword making porcess, starting with the blade of the sword first, the point of the blade second the crossguard 3rd, the tilt 4th and the the pommel 5th. What is amazing is that my 5 stage process is virtually very close to (See Image Below)

sword-making-diagram.jpg.d893e307e348a77123667276152702e3.jpg

Sword Making

Honest truth I had no idea about the precess of making a sword until you gave me the link Steve. I experimented with different ways of doing a blade for a sword, until I came up with the diamond shape way of making a blade, but of course not all blades are straight and I honestly do hope that I will be able to achieve doing curved blades etc. The link that you gave to me is very helpful too and I will use it for doing further new swords. I have already approached upon a new method of doing sword blades, one that will help me also to do curved swords. I simply cannot thank you enough for all of your encouragement and your thoughts. They are truly valued beyond measure. My method of sword making is so close it's uncanny, what do you think Steve?

Edited by SheHawk
  • Like! 1