New Forum Setup

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

First of all thanks to everyone here who yelled, hit or threw things at us while we were attempting to redo our front page. We believe we've found a pretty good trade-off now between Deep and Long, with all the Clan Gaming areas in one section. Basically, this has just made all the previous links go down one level and has found us a whole slew of space on the front page. As well, while it may have perhaps been more "efficicient" to have just turned all of the Key Largo Area into one big button, it was Erialc's very large lungs and big capital letters in msn yesterday that convinced me once again that the nice and warm sections like The Dark Kitchen and Tech Talk and the other areas that have made our forum interesting to a good number of interested folks rather than just hardcore gamers.

Of all the games though Ogame has sufferred the most perhaps from this as it has had to go down two levels of clickability because of its secure and non secure areas. I elected to bring Vendetta up a level and all of it's forums are pretty much as easy to access as before, but ogame is down one.

We are open to critique regarding this and if you wish Ogame to come back up a level it can be done easily. Just a note though. If we do this we will have both ogame secured and non secured on the same page. Not as efficient...but perhaps more friendlier? And while we thought at first that perhaps the Forum Rules section could remain attatched to the public section...well...it just didn't look right.

We now have what we believe to be a sense of aesthetic balance with a small section at the top which will serve as our rules and welcoming faq section then lead off into our largest public area with the clan gaming and mod hidedaway following after.

heh, we THINK we've achieved good trade-offs here with links to deeper forums visible on the front page, whereas in other sites you'd have to click first to know what's there.

Rant or Rave here guys on the new setup?

We remain faithfully yours

;)

gogo

p.s. all of this is schot's fault :)

p.s. all of this is schot's fault :P

What?! :)

I have no idea what he's...

I like what you have done....Its better than it was before.

... been doing all this time. I've been slaving away fixing up the front page. Sheesh. Yup yup. It was aaaaaall me. /rofl

Okay, now I understand, yes I like the new setup. Nah ogame is still easy to find... I can't access New Posts anymore though :-( Hopefully it wasn't planned that way. If so I'll live with it but I'll be lost in that maze of messages again :-D

Pfeewww, works back fine again :-D

*reels in the blue metallic eye*

*in a booming voice* IGNORE THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN

lol

*pulls back curtain*

Aha! Surfside?! Quit messin with tha html! :D

*Slaps a big "censored" sticker on the eye*

Okay, now I understand, yes I like the new setup. Nah ogame is still easy to find... I can't access New Posts anymore though :-( Hopefully it wasn't planned that way. If so I'll live with it but I'll be lost in that maze of messages again :-D

:o

Are you meaning that the link to new posts is gone BlueRookie?! If that's the case then I made a big whoops. Definitely not intended. Can you check again and let me know whats going on exactly? /unsure

Oh and that book is coming. :)

Guest gogoblender

heh, I think this is a evil explorer thing

k...raise yer hands whoever is bein lazy and still viewing this forum with explorer!

:P

gogo

p.s. Firefox all the way guys...better graphics and improved forum functionality

Aaaaah! No wonder! Didn't chyah know bluerookie? IE has been labeled obsolete. Microsoft sent out a recall on all their browsers. Now hurry up and get yourself a nice shiny new Firefox...

Do it! /diabloFirefox

/rofl