Post screen a changin

Hey gang. I'm making some changes to the post page or whatever it's called, haha. You know what I mean. :P Right? /unsure

I've already found a problem with my changes which is that smilies don't seem to be working... heh. I'm trying to make the post page a little more efficient and as well make some text visible that hasn't been in a while though you've probably never noticed that because... Well, it ain't visible, HA HA HA HA, har har har har! Get it! /crazy

So let me know if you guys find any other probs or bright ideas you think might be good to add or change on that posting page.

Sure hope I don't accidently delete something important. haha. Juuuuust kidding.

Sorta... :P

Well I dont know if this is th right thing but one thing that needs changeing is the letter color from black to white in the title of this area and sub area you cant read any title here it is the part that has red back ground I think:

Forum Rules, Chat, How to reach us live.

>Official Forum Rules and Changes

>Forum Feedback

>Official Communications, Chat, How to reach us live

Wow, that's really strange indeed. It's a nice bold white for me... /blink

Can you clear your browser cache and then refresh the page? Maybe you'll have something different after that. I'll do the same as well.

oh and what browser are you using by the way?

Guest gogoblender

Woo HOo!

Fanatastic!

lol, Schot you totally hit on the head THE biggest problems with smileys every since we changed forums, which was namely that we had to scroll the smiley selection over to the right and THEN click on show all smileys.

The way you have it set up now is genius...I can see all the smileys I'd ever want to use the moment the posting page goes up.

This is word that I'm sher people will really appreciate when they see how easy it is to use these sweet little nuances of animation and color which can make posts sing.

Heh..now we can actually put in the most popular smileys people are using in that main selection, making smileys feel more "right!"

yee haww...Devil on fire smiley is back!

/evil

gogo

I don't know what you did Schot but it works fine now. But it was with black colors for 3-4 days at list that is when I first saw it.

P.S.: About the smileys great work /bow but I can't make up my mind were they are better left or right

One thing the add reply button is to far down you have to scroll down to post not handy can it be before or below the Guided Mode off.

It will save 1 sec in posting speed and some pain in the finger from useing the mouse scroll button. /whistle

Ah good Katran. I'm glad you can see the titles now. :P Once I realized you were using tha evol IE browser I knew what to do. :P

As for the smilies, thanx. I find it feels more natural to have them on the right and it's easier for me to move things around when they are placed there. Unfortunately in IE the new setup doesn't look nearly as nice as it does in Firefox but I'm gonna try and fix things around here so that the forum looks the same in both Firefox and IE. That will of course take quite a long time but eventually...

One thing the add reply button is to far down you have to scroll down to post not handy can it be before or below the Guided Mode off.

It will save 1 sec in posting speed and some pain in the finger from useing the mouse scroll button. /whistle

Hehe, yup. That's what I was meaning about it not looking the same in IE. I've been trying to do what you suggested but it's difficult. /wacko

Well this isn't going as planned... The way the post screen is looking now isn't exactly what I had in mind. It's default set up is a lot more complicated than I thought it was and I'm finding it difficult to to make changes so I'm thinking that I should change the post screen back to the way it was. Thank god for the revert button on the skin editor, haha. I'll be able to keep a couple changes like the smilie box and the fact that the title of a thread can be read which is placed above the box where you type out your post. The rest of the things in the post sceen is proving to be.... Stubborn. <_<

Back to the drawing board!