Moved: "Submit" and "Preview" buttons on the posting page.

Hi everyone. Just so you all know I didn't steal away your buttons from the page where you type your posts. I just moved them up a bit. You'll now find them directly under the content box you would type in. It's the, as the title says, Submit and Preview Post buttons. No need to scroll down to them now. :P

Hey Guys...

maybe it's me, but I no longer see the Submit and Preview buttons using the really cool OGame skin. I've tried both Firefox and IE and on my latop and desktop as well. There's just no Buttons any where. I can post using the default IPB skin.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Cel

Guest gogoblender

Cel, Schot just called me from his parents house, he can't get to the forum this weekend, but says that he got yer pm regarding you not being able to find those buttons.

Is this problem still persisting?

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

p.s. Cel..is this the main ogame skin that yer running?

I'm sher that the buttons are very screwy on teh other skins...which skin are you seeing the forum in now.

Are you able to switch back to ogame?

It's the one I'm using and I see no problems with it

gogo

I normally use the OGame skin (with the nifty space theme background)

The problem persists. There are no buttons for preview and submit when I use the OGame skin, but they're there when I switch over to the default IPB skin. That is the only way I can post in a thread.

I first noticed this about this time (4:00 pm - eastern) yesterday or shortly before I messaged Schot.

It's not a game-stopper, because I can easily toggle to the default skin, post and toggle back.

I'd post a screen shot, but I can't figure out how to do it...

Ok, this is too funny... I've managed to... * CRACKLE... BUZZZZZ...* ...aquire a wireless connection, hehe. I guess one of the nieghbours has a wireless connection set-up and lucky me they didn't encrypt it. Very weak tho and keeps cutting in and out. So, in the event that I was able to gain access again I've typed the message out for you Cel. :BlobRed:

So, all I can do at the moment is point you in the right direction. I've taken a pic of the post editor that you make your posts with highlighting the post and preview buttons. They're not very obvious so it would make sense not to see them:

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=editorkw9.jpg

P.s I'M SOOOO UNCONNECTED! SEND HELP! :cow_white:

Schot ---

Thanks for thinkin' of me while your supposed to be visiting your folks. Your mama should have hit you right over the head with a frying pan... :BlobRed:

I pulled the snapshot up that you posted and while what I see is very similar, it's very different as well...

The little box that says "remove formatting" with the X in it is on the top left side of my screen. While using the OGame skin, I can see the two little boxes ( the + and the - ) on the left side below the box where you type your message, but there is nothing to the right --- there's no "Submit", "Preview Post", Guided Mode Off", or "Check Post Length" boxes anywhere on the screen.

I've cleared my cache, reloaded firefox, re-booted and still no change. The really odd thing is that it's happening on both my computers (my laptop and my desktop). And see the same thing using IE on both my laptop and desktop.

I'm perplexed, :woot: baffled, :) flummoxed, :D confused :cow_white: and downright dazed. :cow_white: Is it possible my ISP or security settings are preventing the display of these boxes? I'm thinking, that if no else has this problem, it must be on my end somewhere...

Haha! I snuck out to a nearby cafe with wi-fi. Woo! :BlobRed:

Well my perplexed, baffled, flummoxed, confused and downright dazed friend. I am here to help! That said... I'm a little short on ideas. :cow_white: Have you tried an indian web dance around your pc yet? :cow_white: Don't forget to clap while doing the dance tho. Peeps always forget that part. :D

Well ok. I may have one other idea. When you cleared your cache did you also clear cookies? Clearing cookies may help. An old cookie may cause you to load up an old reference of the forum skin. This is just a shot in the dark really. Oh hey! Get it?! Schot... In tha dark. Har har har! Aaaah, errr. Hehe. Sorry bout that.

If that doesn't help yah Cel then I'll be happy to get on msn with you. In the meantime tho you could send your log in password to me via pm so that I can have a look around. It's possible that the problem is in the way that your member status is setup here on the forum. Basically, if I log in with your info and get the same prob you're having then I'll know that it's the way your membership is set up. Something I have run into with another member here.

I'm comin back home later today. Thaaaaaank god! :)

Heya Celebrimbor. Aaaaaall fixed. :BlobRed:

After logging into your account I saw the same prob with the submit and preview not working and so it was indeed an account specific problem. Turns out that it was the fact that you were using the "rich text editer" to post with instead of the default "standard editor". For those who don't know what I'm meaning it is an option you have in your personal settings. You can change between these 2 types of editors by clicking the link above called "My Controls". From there you will see under "Options" on the left and down a bit "Board Settings" and then from there you will see:

"Type of text editor to use when posting

Rich Text Editor requires either IE6, Mozilla or Firefox"

and across from that a drop down box of the 2 types of editors. So. To make a long story even longer... I made the recent changes to the standard editor but not the rich text editor. Hehe, whoops! :D lol Live and learn eh.

So for the moment Celebrimbor, I've put you on standard. It will be easy enough to make the changes to the rich text editor I think and will likely have that done in a few hours.

Thank you for flying D.a.r.k. Matters :)