DarkMatters Speedy Posts are Back! Some email notifications back!

• The title was changed to Speedy Posts are Back! Email Notifications off for now

Great work.  I just made a massive post in one of my threads and was holding my breath when I went to submit it.  :sweating:  Lo and behold!  It instantly appeared with no delay!  :wow:

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Nice work! I just posted in a few places and things seemed buttery smooth in comparison to recent efforts.

7 hours ago, Flix said:

Great work.  I just made a massive post in one of my threads and was holding my breath when I went to submit it.  :sweating:  Lo and behold!  It instantly appeared with no delay!  :wow:

5 hours ago, Schot said:

Awesome!  Thanks for the feedback guys.  :friends3:  It's nice to know we're finally going to get this all figured out.

48 minutes ago, Timotheus said:

Yup I just posted in the bar and it was as fast as I would experience anywhere else on the web :3lmao: just messing with you guys tho!

We still got the speed this morning... thanks guys for all this feedback... Brad... all that horrible research... thanks for coming through for us ... half cup espressos all around!!

rawr!

:superman:

gogo

22 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Wait, half cup espressos!?

:nooo:

No no no my dear Gogo, we don't serve half cups around here :coffeecup:

:4rofl:

heh... okay Ill stop trying to save money..its a full cups of coffee for everyone! :hugs:

Hope all is still speedy!

:dance:

gogo

The speed is just fantastic. Thanks Schot for getting to the core of this onion :lol:   We can probably try some tests to see different ways of getting emails back for the community this week

:)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to see how y'all are doing with this... Its been a few weeks now since this huge update was done, and posting looks to be so fluid...I"ve again come to enjoy just the act of writing without having to trudge through the bog

Is it posts going up fast for everyone here to this point? We're looking to take DarkMatters into the next decade!

gogo

1 minute ago, Androdion said:

Yap, everything works pretty fast on my side. I just miss the email notifications a bit.

Thanks for the feedback!

I know Schot's gonna see about getting some of them back... with Wiki especially this is problematic for new registrations 

We've also had way more people in the forum lately ever since the upgrade...   I have a feeling that It was not just a few of us who were really annoyed with that boggy speed

:sick:

gogo

I think there are a lot of new players coming in from Steam, there's been a lot of movement there because of the resurrected MP mode and because of the THQ talk of reactivating Sacred 2. People being closed in their homes probably helped out as well.

• 3 months later...

Hey, just want to ask since it has been a while, do you think there is a possibillity of getting the email notifications back at some point? Or is it still not possible to solve the speed issue otherwise or would it be too much of a hassle to fix? I really miss these wonderful notifications which spared me from checking things myself, you start to notice how great things are once they are gone... :P

5 hours ago, xrystal said:

Hey, just want to ask since it has been a while, do you think there is a possibillity of getting the email notifications back at some point? Or is it still not possible to solve the speed issue otherwise or would it be too much of a hassle to fix? I really miss these wonderful notifications which spared me from checking things myself, you start to notice how great things are once they are gone... :P

hi Xrystal! I can completely relate to great things being gone :lol:  I will bring this up with Schot...  this sofware checks emails first everytime we put a post up... because its rigged that way it causes interminable delays for posting.  For the community that is here this is hugely frustrating. :pirate:  I will see if there is any updates with Invision.. crossing fingers... and just a thanks for everything you've done for getting Sacred back into the hands of the online community!

:gogo:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 12:58 PM, xrystal said:

hopefully good news...and sent you a PM!

:dance:

gogo

• Appreciation 1

Hi everyone!

Schot has been working with the settings on the boards.  We recognize that the emails were very useful for everyone connecting to their posts and downloads here and if you look into your notifications settings in your profile you will see more available that you can click on and off

Set your settings at will!

gogo

• 2 years later...

@SheHawk

HI SheHawk!

I saw that you had mentioned in your marvelous chess 3d creation topic 

That you were not getting email notifications... I saw this a while back and had to hunt down the reason for this and today... the reason! :dance:  ... There were interminatbly huge delays a wee while back (time goes by so quickly.. I guess a few years ago!) And we spent weeks looking for the issue and it turns out that our set up was causing the forum to do a list of things in a preset queue before it would allow a post to complete (minutes in fact).  Schot eventually found the culprit (but at the cost of our sending out email notifications for now) .  Hopefully one day this can be amended.

gogo

• Respect! 1
3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

@SheHawk

HI SheHawk!

I saw that you had mentioned in your marvelous chess 3d creation topic 

That you were not getting email notifications... I saw this a while back and had to hunt down the reason for this and today... the reason! :dance:  ... There were interminatbly huge delays a wee while back (time goes by so quickly.. I guess a few years ago!) And we spent weeks looking for the issue and it turns out that our set up was causing the forum to do a list of things in a preset queue before it would allow a post to complete (minutes in fact).  Schot eventually found the culprit (but at the cost of our sending out email notifications for now) .  Hopefully one day this can be amended.

gogo

Thank you gogo, I really appreciate that and I hope that the mattter can be sorted out one day.

*Hugs* SheHawk.

2 hours ago, SheHawk said:

Thank you gogo, I really appreciate that and I hope that the mattter can be sorted out one day.

*Hugs* SheHawk.

Hopefully one day. Its also a question of getting more "resources" from our current providers at good pricing.. were always looking at better ways to keep everyone here together longer!

:hugs:

gogo