Problem with Daemon (Sacred Gold)

Greetings and salutations!

I have not played sacred for at least 10 years - back then we had a huge community, sprawling forums, tons of data... most of it lives as archives, but the rest is gone of course.

So I grabbed Sacred GOLD on GOG and decided to relive the good(bad) old days.

Back then I think Daemon was the most played character in our group, version of game was the one last patched before Sacred Gold (as far as I understand - because Sacred gold made something to Dwarf's flamethrower capping its damage on 10k)

One of the most popular schemes was Battle Daemon with some magic support added on Gold/Platinum - Choir, Spheres, whatever you like.

So I made the character, ran around for a couple of evenings on bronze remembering stuff, then exported to silver and jumped into campaign.
And now I hit the WALL that I remember NEVER happened to me before. I am currently level 31 with level 31 Battle Daemon and maxed out Weapon Lore and constitution. Enemies can't even hit me I already killed two dragons - the one in castle and the one in forest. All normal mobs die from 1 hit, blues die from 2-3.
So I came to undead dragon - the one I always remembers as EASIEST one, and suddenly I can't do zilch. D'Cay level 33 does not give a damn about my defence, hitting 100% of times, removes 1/3 of my hp per hit, I am constantly super poisoned and super slowed down, so I can't even run around her forcing her to breath and damaging her during animation like I always did with Gladiator, and I do miniscule amount of damage, also not hitting most of the time. It's like my battle form bonuses just not there. I drink the whole inventory of poitions (I forgot I even HAVE poitions with this character till now...) and I am still barely able to bring her down to 1/3 of health, then I just die. After about 20 attempts I gave up.
I am really deflated and not sure if I should go on with the character, becuase it seems I either made some huge mistake or there has been some balance changes between last versions. 

Can anyone give some advice what da heck is wrong?

• Like! 1

Hello and welcome to DarkMatters, where we are keeping Sacred alive.

I know D'Cay should have a serious weakness to fire.  Is there any way you can boost your fire damage output, either through weapons or spells?  My magic formula vs. D'Cay was a combo with 4x Blazing Disk.

I had a terrible time getting a Daemon off the ground in the vanilla game, but it wasn't due to bosses; even normal mobs would destroy me.  It wasn't until I installed a recent project called Sacred ReBorn that I was able to enjoy playing this character.

However, if anything, Dragons in the mod are even stronger than in vanilla, I just enjoyed other benefits that countered it (namely, longer temp buff durations). Just something to think about. It breathed new life in the game for me.

• Appreciation 1
8 minutes ago, Flix said:

Hello and welcome to DarkMatters, where we are keeping Sacred alive.

Goodness gracious, a reply already! Thank you very much, really great to see that there are people here.

Just my luck, I vacuum-cleaned all quests in the vicinity to stack up Battle and Abysmal Choir for the future. Hardly any runes for exchange, maybe will be able to make 3 disk runes, doubt it'll be wnough...
Got about 15 choir runes, maybe they will help? Though cooldown will be... abysmal, no pun intended, because no meditation.

I never had problems with my Daemons, but I never played the combat one - I had two: poison+tentacles and soaring+spheres, they were just mass murderers. 

• Appreciation 1
46 minutes ago, Miafan said:

Greetings and salutations!

I have not played sacred for at least 10 years - back then we had a huge community, sprawling forums, tons of data... most of it lives as archives, but the rest is gone of course.

So I grabbed Sacred GOLD on GOG and decided to relive the good(bad) old days.

Back then I think Daemon was the most played character in our group, version of game was the one last patched before Sacred Gold (as far as I understand - because Sacred gold made something to Dwarf's flamethrower capping its damage on 10k)

One of the most popular schemes was Battle Daemon with some magic support added on Gold/Platinum - Choir, Spheres, whatever you like.

So I made the character, ran around for a couple of evenings on bronze remembering stuff, then exported to silver and jumped into campaign.
And now I hit the WALL that I remember NEVER happened to me before. I am currently level 31 with level 31 Battle Daemon and maxed out Weapon Lore and constitution. Enemies can't even hit me I already killed two dragons - the one in castle and the one in forest. All normal mobs die from 1 hit, blues die from 2-3.
So I came to undead dragon - the one I always remembers as EASIEST one, and suddenly I can't do zilch. D'Cay level 33 does not give a damn about my defence, hitting 100% of times, removes 1/3 of my hp per hit, I am constantly super poisoned and super slowed down, so I can't even run around her forcing her to breath and damaging her during animation like I always did with Gladiator, and I do miniscule amount of damage, also not hitting most of the time. It's like my battle form bonuses just not there. I drink the whole inventory of poitions (I forgot I even HAVE poitions with this character till now...) and I am still barely able to bring her down to 1/3 of health, then I just die. After about 20 attempts I gave up.
I am really deflated and not sure if I should go on with the character, becuase it seems I either made some huge mistake or there has been some balance changes between last versions. 

Can anyone give some advice what da heck is wrong?

Awesome meeting up and seeing you here on the boards. As flix posted we’re alive and kicking here and always ready for more company.   I loved playing the demon  could not get enough of combining magic bolts and explosions together 😈

Definitely try out the new mod of underworld done by our friends clan over look .. sacred in HD who woulda thunk it 🥳

Happy you’ve found us and welcome to Darkmatters!

😃

gogo

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Dax said:

I can hand a full Faldamar, level 46 + a complete Icon Set over. I guess it would help greatly for the first run. Let me know if you are interested. And welcome to Darkmatters!

Good evening and many thanks, but I will try to manage on my own.

UPD on my situation and again thank you very much for help - yeah, farmed some runes from mobs and managed to get level 7 Disc. Added some meditation on spare points and managed the dragon eventually. I guess I'll change the plans and go Battle+IP+Disc instead of +Choir+Orb as I wanted first. Never played a disc-daemon after all. Still we try)

I realise now why my old daemons had no trouble - poison one was basically immune to poison and flying+orb one never had to make contact and orbs just barraged dragon from distance.

2 hours ago, Miafan said:

I guess I'll change the plans and go Battle+IP+Disc instead of +Choir+Orb as I wanted first. Never played a disc-daemon after all. Still we try)

Sounds like a good plan. I ended up with a similar build in my last playthrough.  You can read about it here:

Some details won't translate perfectly since I had a mod installed, and it's more a general diary than a build guide, but there may be some useful info in there.

• Like! 1