GW: MY first Elite skill!

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

May...this game..killer!

lol, I was doing some research on Elite skills last night.

Now...the skill system worx like this...there are more than two hundred skills in teh game...and they're something you collect.

There are skill sellers who will sell you skills, but mostly you to find them through quests or...and this is the hard part...you have to go into VEYR hard quests and find a boss monster who uses that very skill you so desisre.

AFTER the Boss monster uses his skill THEN you have to kill him.

Then after you've killed him...lol, you hope...you have to use a Capture skill on him to open up his carcass and pull out (yuck) that skill you want.'

Elite skills are veyr powerful and only the most poweful bosses in the entire game have them.

Last night just before hitting the sack I found this really wicked skill I just had to have.

Defy Pain...after seeing what it could do for my warrior build I thought...

Must..have ..this..skil...

then seeing where it was...I blew it off and though...oh well, in a few weeks I guess I can try for it...since the monster guarding it was level 27 and I was only level 19!

Well...me and schot were hanging around in an area called Beacons Perch...a pretty cool area where the toughest area in the game can be accessed called Drok's Run.

This area is so tuff but the armor you can get from the town at the end of it so sweet that people offer to run your character through it for thousand of gold!

Runner mercnaries!

lol, even if you die...if they make it through..if yer a member of the party you still get to add the town to yer map and so can buy the good stuff!

So..last night we just decided to mess around in that area thinking we'd get killed in an instant.

Schot though..is a VERY good and patient player.

And so...by creeping up on high level mosnters one by one...by drawing a mosnter out of his horde and leading them back to our party where they'd be ambushed by the rest of us that were hiding in the bushes...we were slowly able to take out very high level mosnters!

Adn...what do you know...

we see a boss

NOt just a boss

but THE boss

For when we took a break and just fer kix I deciced to google the boss, it turns out that in his belly he was holding the Elite skill I was droollig over fer last two hours!

We set up a killer party...and made our way

Creeping, hiding...subterfuge, and quick springs past mobs we darent't take out...our litttle part JUST made it to the boss and took him out...whilst only me and schot were left!

With fingers trembling, I quickly sucked out that skill from his belly and lo and behold...my first elite skill...and waht a doozy it was!

THis skill gives me an extra two hundred points PLUS twenty extra amor levels evetytime I use it!

and whilst using my Endure Pain...I can now magically put on an almost extra five hundred health points just before going into a battle!

Yes...sneaking and patience has it's rewards!

WE attempted to get our new fellowship member Vlad into that area...but the boss had respawned as a new boss with no skill.

noooooooooooo

ahh, Vlad...we'll get it for you yet

Go Clan D.a.r.k!!

:cry:

gogo

Guest gogoblender

llama sorry about yesterday!

lol, I was SO focussed on this...haha, I'm sorry I couldn't chat much!

:dry:

what kind of player do yu ahve and how high level is he?

areyou in close with yer clan?

Wanna join up with us?

We're playing quite a bit now and the build system is absolutely fascinating to me now

muhhahhah

:cry:

gogo

That was a nice surprise, lol. Never would have thought we would stumble across that elite skill so soon. :mafia:

And what a tough one too! We had to start the whole thing over a couple of times eh. I think the first two times we tried it ended up that the certain boss we wanted to find did not spawn. So we had to go back to the town and out again till the game decided to spawn that boss into the map, as goes with any kind of boss. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. :dry:

So far I've captured 3 elite skills and my favorite is mah Flesh Golem. Raaaawr! Go Flesh Golem! Keeeell dem all! :cry:

Haha it's alright Gogo. If I've survived this long without an elite skill I think I'll be fine. Heck I haven't even tried all my other skills yet, but why fix something if it's not broken:) Haha :thumbsupsmiley:

Congrats GoGo :thumbsupsmiley:

Lol, my first elite wasn't even for my profession I was just testing the signet, I now have 15 elites I think

:4rofl:

~Doom

Guest gogoblender

Working hard on the elites...but I just installed my Factions two nights ago and the drops and purchases there are just beautiful

New armor

New skills

Things are lookin good

:cow_white:

gogo