Can someone share original physxExt.zip file for enabling PhysX?

1 minute ago, WolkerSam said:

Problem is that CM patch removes physx, I need this little file so I can enable it, shared file can help other people too, to make Sacred 2 look better.

PHYSXEXT.ZIP is in PAK directory..

12 hours ago, WolkerSam said:

Problem is that CM patch removes physx, I need this little file so I can enable it, shared file can help other people too, to make Sacred 2 look better.

Happy seeing that you've made your way over to our Sacred Fan Forums! Hoping that someone here has what can help you.  Have fun on the boards, and welcome to DarkMatters, WolkerSam!

:Cherna_24:

gogo

The Community Patch does remove some portion of the PhysX effects because of the memory issue previously responsible for game crashes. You can play the game with an older version of the patch, but you will doubtlessly experience irregular game crashes and often when using certain combat arts that use PhysX. There are still some of the effects to be seen in certain combat arts with the latest CM patch, but some needed toning down a bit in order to make the game stable.

It was just the dead leaves and trash swirling in the wind that was removed. PhysX is not disabled and spells were not touched in this regard.

There was some kind of bug where there was 3x the intended amount of debris, this caused some instability.  I think Dmitriy had made a corrected version that retains the debris but in the proper amounts.

• Appreciation 1

The Combat Arts' PhysX appearance was affected by the patch, not just the swirling leaves. For example Glacial Thorns used to have a very vivid and icy look to it and I do miss the way that it originally appeared, but I certainly don't miss the game crashing. Perhaps, it was the stacking of the spells effects which caused the crashing. The swirling leaves were a bit overmuch, as there were so many it made me wonder, "Where did they all came from? I don't see any bare trees and it doesn't appear to be Fall." About ten percent of what was blowing around might have looked more realistic, at least in my opinion.

• Appreciation 1
10 hours ago, desm said:

Here it is for those who can't live without the leaves in the wind.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LmLP41cfUhxPmcAM0K10Yl-eTV2trweu

(I don't experience crashes and it was an outrageous choice to remove them without even concertation even if it was made with good intentions.)

Thank you so much, now I have CM patch with physx, yay!!  You are in CM patch team right? I heard that physx cause crashes, but still, If you are in CM patch team, you can just add text to textbox in game that physx can cause crashes, and don't remove physx..

10 hours ago, desm said:

Here it is for those who can't live without the leaves in the wind.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LmLP41cfUhxPmcAM0K10Yl-eTV2trweu

(I don't experience crashes and it was an outrageous choice to remove them without even concertation even if it was made with good intentions.)

And btw + you can implement FOG remover in CM patch, it works rly well(no crashes noticed), anyways there are not much people playing this game now. Game is underrated since start.

6 hours ago, WolkerSam said:

you can just add text to textbox in game that physx can cause crashes, and don't remove physx..

That could have been an alternative.

5 hours ago, WolkerSam said:

And btw + you can implement FOG remover in CM patch

I can't do that as I'm just a translator and that it seems there will be no other version of CM patch.

5 hours ago, WolkerSam said:

Game is underrated since start.

I agree unfortunetly

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 3:58 PM, Flix said:

I think Dmitriy had made a corrected version that retains the debris but in the proper amounts.

hi, could you possibly point me in the right direction to find this corrected version? or is it just the file @desm provided in this thread? thank you in advance 

Hello Syrobonk, the file I provided is simply the vanilla one before installing CM patch. I wasn't aware of a modified version or where you could find it sorry.

On 5/16/2020 at 7:41 AM, syrobonk said:

hi, could you possibly point me in the right direction to find this corrected version? or is it just the file @desm provided in this thread? thank you in advance 

This is the one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FCuH6gAJ5aDjqHcQDq1IhU4-pOo-EhEI/view?usp=sharing

I guess I could include it in my mods, though I kind of enjoy being able to have the spell FX without dealing with all the swirling trash in the wind.

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

I guess I could include it in my mods, though I kind of enjoy being able to have the spell FX without dealing with all the swirling trash in the wind.

Actually this "trash" is what making me returning into Sacred 2 again and again and again:dntknw:

• Like! 1