THQNordic officially owns the Sacred Franchise!

Wow! :oooo: This could mean something Sacred this way cometh. I certainly hope that THQ Nordic looks closely at what made both Sacred and Sacred 2 a great success and put forth the care and effort that they do making many of their other games. We may have something wonderful to look forward to. :woot:Thank you for the good news, Thorin. :bounce:

• Like! 1

Interesting news indeed. The right question is how big the remaining fanbase for the franchise is. There is Red Faction on the list and Jagged Alliance. Big names.

Btw, is THQ doing a good job? The last remaster I remember was project redlime, a Syndicate remake. I was after it like crazy. It turned out it was a simple shooter and had nothing to do with the Syndicate franchise.

Edited by Dax
21 minutes ago, Dax said:

Btw, is THQ doing a good job?

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition + Raganarok expansion was a pretty huge plus in my book, voice acting aside (I swear they got the same guy who voices kobolds in Sacred 2 and he sounds awful).

It looks like a reshuffle if you read the comments on Twitter, apparently both Koch Media and THQ Nordic are owned by the same parent company. 

Interesting nonetheless :cow:

On 5/6/2020 at 10:46 PM, Timotheus said:

It looks like a reshuffle if you read the comments on Twitter, apparently both Koch Media and THQ Nordic are owned by the same parent company. 

Interesting nonetheless :cow:

Yes, they have been moving some games around, don't ask me why.

But what's more important, is that we now got the ability to contact the main company instead of just hoping one of the smaller ones would reply.

And in the light of that, I saw this happening in a request for a Sacred 2 remastering today:

Entire thread:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/2252307485545174287/

And a particular important comment (#6)

We are thinking about this. But let us first analyse on whats there. So lets not assume a quick annoucement.

So time to keep our fingers crossed. :)

Thorin :) 

Ah, MegalomaniacNG actually replied. That's actually interesting since he was my contact within Nordic Games, and that could mean actual movement. The time frame is anybody's guess though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 10:13 PM, Flix said:

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition + Raganarok expansion was a pretty huge plus

Could not agree:dntknw:

THQ is very low on budget and Sacred 2 was an overinvested project, since the quality in art, design, and sound!

TQ expansions(and darksiders 3, btw) is a proof of their policy : a decent additional content in terms of quantity, but very poor in terms of quality.

At first I have decided for myself that its better to play TQ without their expansions and at second I have abandoned it alongside other arpgs in favor of THE ONE, err, I mean the second! TQ was my favourite one for a long time and the decision about considering TQ as a time-worn, rusty artifact of old was made with a great help of the THQ expansions:sob:

I fear THQ is unable to make a worthy sacred successor:nooo:

6 hours ago, lacr said:

TQ expansions(and darksiders 3, btw) is a proof of their policy : a decent additional content in terms of quantity, but very poor in terms of quality.

The new expansions were not up to the level of quality of the original game, it's true.

I was thinking more of all the bug fixes and quality of life gameplay improvements they made.  They took the time to go through the TQ Fanpatch and integrate the changes.  That's really what gives me hope for Sacred 2.  If they could just officially fix as many bugs as possible, it would be a tremendous boon for players. I wouldn't need them to waste any time & money trying to add new content to the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know anything else about the Sacred 2 remaster rumored to be possible on the steam forum? 

Edit: Ohhh, not sure how I missed that we had this thread but it sounds like good news! Thank you for moving my post.

Edited by Zallk
  • Like! 1
19 hours ago, Zallk said:

Anyone know anything else about the Sacred 2 remaster rumored to be possible on the steam forum? 

Edit: Ohhh, not sure how I missed that we had this thread but it sounds like good news! Thank you for moving my post.

we're all waiting for good news

:dance:

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

I'd be down for a remaster. I heard Sacred 2 has problems with Windows 10, so it would be nice to see that addressed.

Incorporating the community patch and maybe doing a second expansion would be nice. I don't think I'd want them to do more drastic balancing/"fixing" though (eg, adding respeccing).

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Perdition said:

I'd be down for a remaster. I heard Sacred 2 has problems with Windows 10, so it would be nice to see that addressed.

Incorporating the community patch and maybe doing a second expansion would be nice. I don't think I'd want them to do more drastic balancing/"fixing" though (eg, adding respeccing).

A remaster would be amazing... I wonder where they'd go with that.. .just cosmetics...or would they hit other possible things like engine or game play.. more quests..

:lol:

gogo

p.s. And welcome to DarkMatters!!

Now that I finally got the right thread... :lol:

If they increased textures/resolution, etc, I wouldn't complain. Graphics were already pretty good to begin with though. Considering they did a couple expansion packs for Titan Quest, I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they did one for Sacred 2 as well.

Since games are essentially "immortal" now, I wish companies would give games lifetime support (remasters, upgrade to support new operating systems, and maybe some content). I guess it depends on if the revenue from Steam sales exceeds the cost of doing it though.