Where is Your Location

• 2 years later...

I live in Schagen, the Netherlands, North Holland. It's a pretty boring small town of about 21.000 people, a lot of babyboomers and not much opportunity. :nooo:

I have lived in Adelaide, South Australia for the last six years and intend to go back next year. Absolutely love that place and can't wait to be there again! (And stay!) :dance:

I won't bother you with family history to explain why I feel attracted to certain Anglo/European countries, but definitely :viking: !

• Like! 1

I live in Schagen, the Netherlands, North Holland. It's a pretty boring small town of about 21.000 people, a lot of babyboomers and not much opportunity. :nooo:

I have lived in Adelaide, South Australia for the last six years and intend to go back next year. Absolutely love that place and can't wait to be there again! (And stay!) :dance:

I won't bother you with family history to explain why I feel attracted to certain Anglo/European countries, but definitely :viking: !

Netherlands... lots and lots of bikes and paths? I think I relate to this as my home here Montreal has over the years spent a lof of money on the Bixi systems and has tons of bike paths which take you all over the city. As I'm center city, I can pretty much boot over to any part of the town by just riding over the mountain and right into work. Love it. I always get a pass every year, even if I dont get to use it so much in a week, I feel like I'm contributing to the overall "greeness" of the community. There's hundreds of stations all over Montreal, the summer pass is cheap, and the stations are solar powered... wahoooooooooooooooo...

Montreal_Bixi_bikes.jpg

:D

gogo

• Like! 1

Netherlands... lots and lots of bikes and paths? I think I relate to this as my home here Montreal has over the years spent a lof of money on the Bixi systems and has tons of bike paths which take you all over the city. As I'm center city, I can pretty much boot over to any part of the town by just riding over the mountain and right into work. Love it. I always get a pass every year, even if I dont get to use it so much in a week, I feel like I'm contributing to the overall "greeness" of the community. There's hundreds of stations all over Montreal, the summer pass is cheap, and the stations are solar powered... wahoooooooooooooooo...

:D

gogo

Yes, lots and lots of bicycle paths! :laugh: I love riding! I've got a pretty mean-looking mountain bike, eventhough we don't have any mountains over here! :agreed: Cycling/riding is considered normal over here, but I understand that it's a different story in most countries! I'm glad to see that more big cities around the globe are (slowly but surely!) improving their infrastructure for cyclists. It's not that much of a big deal, if more people will use a bike more often then it saves you a lot of traffic jams, it keeps the air cleaner and you keep fit! I was one of the very few in Adelaide to actually ride a bike to work. Got yelled at sometimes! :dntknw: It was a bit of a challenge during the Summer though! (48 degrees and counting! :heat: )

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very nice place to live Montreal, reminds me a lot of my hometown, although looks a bit on the quiet edge which can be a good thing. 

I immediately recognized the Icon of Bogorodica Trojeručica, as well as the brutalist architecture such as Habitat 67.  My hometown's also filled with brutalist architecture and schools are built the same way like Pavillon Judith Jasmin in Montreal. I also have close relatives living in Toronto and I'd occasionally get pictures of Nikola Tesla next to the Niagara waterfalls.

Places filled with Brutalist architecture is commonly connected to Novi Beograd. It's an absolute heaven for rollers and bicycle trick enthusiasts, especially since most of it is right next to a river. 

If you've got more videos I'd like to watch. Thanks!

I am living in Franschhoek, Western Cape of South Africa.

it is about 70km from Cape Town, main attractions are Wine, Food, and sight seeing... that made guesthouses and hotels pop up like toadstools everywhere.

Franschhoek falls under the municipality of Stellenbosch, the previous place I lived, but work was to far away, and there is no such thing as "public transport". 

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, gogoblender said:

That's 

That's an awesome home!

Just saw your flurry of posts, happy to see you here in the community

and here.. is where I call home:

:bounce:

gogo

Montreal looks like such a wonderful place gogo. But it was all summer in the video, and I have seen your photos from winter time... I'll freeze my toesies of...

hahahha, I was trying to hide this winter ness  :4rofl:

Actually...that huge building at the beginning of this video the St Joseph's Oratory..its a huge huge cathedral on the mountain and one the biggest drawsto Montreal...about two blocks from where I live... I can just cut around the back road of the mountain and enter right into the church from the back directly into the pews and out through the front while jogging

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I live in the USA and spent 49yrs of my life in the NE Ohio area.  The other 16yrs I lived elsewhere.  I am a retired, disabled, former enlisted member of the USAF that fixed fast jets and spent the summers of 1972 and 1973 in Southeast Asia helping end the Vietnam Conflict.  I traveled the World for free and choose to give up a promising career to raise a family.  I live in North Carolina, USA now.  I have a huge amount of experience in Science, Math, Fluid Power, Problem Solving and Inter-personal Communications.  I was the goto guy that wore many hats pursuing the need for adequate compensation.  I became a video gamer because my children were about it via console system(s) and they had enough fun to motivate me to participate, sometimes.  I have built a number of PCs - a must for a gamer with my credentials - and I prefer a PC over a console as my son is a console gamer and we share a home, so I could game with him BUT we are presently engaged in different genres'.  I enjoy pursuing answers to questions that are challenging. however I must understand enough of the criteria,  to allow me to be confident that my opinions are worthy.  A prof I enjoyed bantering with explained to myself and many others who 'hired him' that a point is reached in everyone's life where recalling a memory would become more difficult as life past, because one has to forget in order to allow new memory a placeholder.  I agree with that and I would add that recalling what was forgotten without much effort, is where the big monies are found.:dance2:

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Very cool, I'm not quite sure that this is how I would have pictured Norway. Then again, I never would have thought that America's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame would be housed in the state that also has America's greatest percentage of Amish, either. It's always interesting to me to learn of new places. 

• Like! 1
On 10/12/2018 at 2:19 PM, Onikage said:

This is kinda fun :D

I am from Norway, living in a town called Bergen.

I work as a Barber and run my own shop located in Bergen.

Used to live in London a few years ago.....but I like it best in the cold north....so now im back in Norway  :viking:

il finish off with a pic from my city.

image.png.d7e39f104411d976e94755fe72935e50.png

Have a good day/week/month/year/decade/century :D 

Your own barbershop? that's awesome!! I'm surprised though that you really left England for a colder, harsher climate... really?

:lol:

gogo

• Like! 1
3 minutes ago, Lord of the North said:

Hi all, been a while but found something to put into this thread. Found out that here in North Conway New Hampshire someone has set up a live camera feed on the main street in town not far from one of the ski slopes.. so here is the 

I'm so in love with all the clapboarding and cool new england styling of the towns there... 

is there good hiking near by?

:)

gogo

1 minute ago, gogoblender said:

I'm so in love with all the clapboarding and cool new england styling of the towns there... 

is there good hiking near by?

:)

gogo

Yes, there is TONS of hiking. What level would you be looking for? Easy, Moderate, hard, Oh my God why did I pick this one?

1 minute ago, Lord of the North said:

Yes, there is TONS of hiking. What level would you be looking for? Easy, Moderate, hard, Oh my God why did I pick this one?

:Ohmmmm, maybe I'll keep the "oh my god why did I pick this one" till my next reincarnation as an alpine ibex

:blink:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Where is Your Location