Where is Your Location

1 minute ago, gogoblender said:

:Ohmmmm, maybe I'll keep the "oh my god why did I pick this one" till my next reincarnation as an alpine ibex

:blink:

gogo

Then you would probably not want any of the 400 foot and above elevations. Which would be all of the Presidential range mountains (Washington 6288 ft, Adams 5774 ft, Jefferson 5712 ft, Monroe 5384 ft, Madison 5367 ft, Lafayette 5260 ft, or Lincoln 5089 ft.) But I've been on a few that you might enjoy. Such as Arethusa Falls, Mount. Cranmore (also a ski resort) and the flume gorge. Those three I posted pics on my facebook page.

7 minutes ago, Lord of the North said:

Then you would probably not want any of the 400 foot and above elevations. Which would be all of the Presidential range mountains (Washington 6288 ft, Adams 5774 ft, Jefferson 5712 ft, Monroe 5384 ft, Madison 5367 ft, Lafayette 5260 ft, or Lincoln 5089 ft.) But I've been on a few that you might enjoy. Such as Arethusa Falls, Mount. Cranmore (also a ski resort) and the flume gorge. Those three I posted pics on my facebook page.

That was supposed to say 4000 not 400. I shared the photo albums on your Facebook for those three locations with you Gogo, just not sure how to get them onto here.

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Your own barbershop? that's awesome!! I'm surprised though that you really left England for a colder, harsher climate... really?

:lol:

hah :D im kinda surprised my self , but I missed my hometown and family so yeah , back where I belong. My town is not the coldest in Norway so its not so bad....we get a lot of rain tho....like way to much.

The town is surrounded by 7 mountans...getting 280+ days of rain a year is not unusual . Still the best place to live imho :D

Edited by Onikage
2 hours ago, Onikage said:

NIce pic he made of Mo I rana :resp: Many people from skandinavia here? I love how diverse this comunity is :D 

Funny u ask that ... there was a small very active group of skandinavians here... Bhj our moderator is one and a few of his friends as well. They came from sacred and *groan* Ogame ...ugh ogame 😄

🤣

gogo

ps psst heya u ... it’s Halloween ... calling out to everyone for a Halloween avatar... only a wee while left till it’s gone! :whip: 

😇

gogo

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Funny u ask that ... there was a small very active group of skandinavians here... Bhj our moderator is one and a few of his friends as well. They came from sacred and *groan* Ogame ...ugh ogame 😄

🤣

gogo

ps psst heya u ... it’s Halloween ... calling out to everyone for a Halloween avatar... only a wee while left till it’s gone! :whip: 

😇

gogo

Havent played Ogame...hmmm :D halloween fixed ^^ 

10 minutes ago, Onikage said:

Havent played Ogame...hmmm :D halloween fixed ^^ 

Great new avatar...ye got Halloween in ye heart!

We  actually made the Ogame section of the forum open to the public a few years back...thats the game that got this forums started actually.  We put together a short history of the forum here:A Brief history of Darkmatters

and now, ye knows yer forum genealogy!

:gogo:

gogo

• Thanks! 1

ooooh g*d no Stay faaar way from Ogame I`ts so damn addictive (say the guy that`s now playing Eve online) :4rofl:

To be honest I don't know how many Norwegian is left here But there used to be quite a few few here :viking: 

2 hours ago, bhj said:

ooooh g*d no Stay faaar way from Ogame I`ts so damn addictive (say the guy that`s now playing Eve online) :4rofl:

To be honest I don't know how many Norwegian is left here But there used to be quite a few few here :viking: 

I remember when you went Eve... wow, still on it:)

:)

gogo

p.s. but...talking about Ogame got me thinking again bout it..JUST for a few seconds... squashed that bad thought down HARD

:lol:

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, bhj said:

Been looking at that OGame :D ohhhhh it looks fun, I might give it a go. always wanted to play EvE...but never got to it.  might be to big of a chore to start now :D 

Seems like al people are cool here no matter where they are from :happy: 

On 10/15/2018 at 2:22 PM, Onikage said:

Been looking at that OGame :D ohhhhh it looks fun, I might give it a go. always wanted to play EvE...but never got to it.  might be to big of a chore to start now :D 

Seems like al people are cool here no matter where they are from :happy: 

When we were playing ten years ago, it was free... and a very sparse game, no graphics...all just timers... but its infrastructure of forums and clans made it the MOST addictive game ever...it had everyty8ing ... real life drama (timers) AND dramatic planning... I think our clan pulled off one of the largest attacks in Ogame's history?

Ooh yah

:blowup:

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

When we were playing ten years ago, it was free... and a very sparse game, no graphics...all just timers... but its infrastructure of forums and clans made it the MOST addictive game ever...it had everyty8ing ... real life drama (timers) AND dramatic planning... I think our clan pulled off one of the largest attacks in Ogame's history?

Ooh yah

:blowup:

gogo

You all stopped playing ogame now? I realy like space sim/opera. Used to play freelancer a lot back in the days. I always ended upp doing trades and exploring instead of doing the main quest. I realy havent found another spacegame I could get into(should do EvE) but I think ogame would make me addicted 😅

Edited by Onikage
On 10/19/2018 at 11:10 AM, Onikage said:

You all stopped playing ogame now? I realy like space sim/opera. Used to play freelancer a lot back in the days. I always ended upp doing trades and exploring instead of doing the main quest. I realy havent found another spacegame I could get into(should do EvE) but I think ogame would make me addicted 😅

Heh yah bit by bit we all started to change games... to be a fleeter in ogame u have to be great with your time and nail biting cones with the stress of being hit by other players .. there’s really nothing else quite like it out there 

😄😄😄

gogo

Yeah we had some insane fights in Ogame But just stay away from that game Onikage Its so damn addictive :oooo:

Funny enough I played freelancer for a looooong ass time before I switched to eve online (Not that eve is not addictive But you can turn it off whenever you want to and if u dont login for a week / mount / year Nothing happens with you ingame In Ogame some ***** would have found your fleet and killed it :evil:

Send me a pm if u decide to try eve and ill send u a link that gives u some Extra skill points to start out with and maybe a startup care packages :)

B

darkogamesig2.gif

16 hours ago, bhj said:

if u dont login for a week / mount / year Nothing happens with you ingame In Ogame some ***** would have found your fleet and killed it :evil:

darkogamesig2.gif

lol...how awful, how evil... how so true!!

:cry:

gogo

• 2 years later...
28 minutes ago, warpoyo said:

You can find me in Spain, in a city called Tarragoa

Wonderful meeting up Warpoyo! I imagine Spain's perhaps a little warmer than here now in Montreal...huge blizzard here... ill see if i can post some snaps

:)

gogo

• The title was changed to Where is Your Location
42 minutes ago, warpoyo said:

You can find me in Spain, in a city called Tarragoa

Is this this a former roman city? We did a four weeks trip with our latin class at a school in Wetzlar along the french and spain southern coasts decades ago. Would have been fun if it wouldn't have been giving 8 concerts doing carmina burana with the class/chorus. We were invided by the town of Avignon which is a sister town of Wetzlar. The Tarragoa I mean is a sister town of Avignon too, but not of Wetzlar. There was a class from Tarragoa at the same youth hotel at this time with a chorus too. So the teachers somehow managed a visit at Tarragoa. To be honest I was more watching my girlfriend than the landscapes at this age.

There was a aqueduct (guide said Teufelsbrücke, devils bridge) if I remember right? Not so big as the Pont du Gard at Nimes but not small either?

• Respect! 1
33 minutes ago, chattius said:

Is this this a former roman city? We did a four weeks trip with our latin class at a school in Wetzlar along the french and spain southern coasts decades ago. Would have been fun if it wouldn't have been giving 8 concerts doing carmina burana with the class/chorus. We were invided by the town of Avignon which is a sister town of Wetzlar. The Tarragoa I mean is a sister town of Avignon too, but not of Wetzlar. There was a class from Tarragoa at the same youth hotel at this time with a chorus too. So the teachers somehow managed a visit at Tarragoa. To be honest I was more watching my girlfriend than the landscapes at this age.

There was a aqueduct (guide said Teufelsbrücke, devils bridge) if I remember right? Not so big as the Pont du Gard at Nimes but not small either?

Yup, it's a Roman city, and yes, the name of the part of the aqueduct is the devil's bridge. 

A lot of time has passed since I hear the city of Wetzlar.... The last time was on a international handball meeting, long, long time ago XD

• Appreciation 1
46 minutes ago, warpoyo said:

Yup, it's a Roman city, and yes, the name of the part of the aqueduct is the devil's bridge. 

A lot of time has passed since I hear the city of Wetzlar.... The last time was on a international handball meeting, long, long time ago XD

What a luck it is Handball

If you did a circle of 5 miles you would have got 3 teams in first german league. Not bad for just 80000 people. So much handball that the then captain of the german national handball team from Hüttenberg was my teacher in sports at school. I played goalie at soccer and field handball. Same size of goals, but field handball sadly is dying out. I was never a fan of indoor handball, except watching my wife and our oldest who played it second league while university, daughter pre corona.

Normally when I mention Wetzlar people speak about Leica if I talk with a Photographer, or Leitz Microscopes if a student in biology or medicine (Leitz microscopes) or a Minox 'spy' camera if it is James Bond 007 fan, or a 3D crime scene scanner (again Leitz) if a fan from CSI, or the 'Sorrow's of young Werther' if a student in german literature reading Goethe, or...

• 3 months later...

I moved back to Stellenbosch about 18months ago. Have been on a bit of a 360° turn. Left the kitchen to go work at a supplier of Specialty foods... only made it for the 3 months probation period and then I was let go, just before covid19 and the lockdown hit South Africa, got a job as Head Of Pastry and Production, Basically I have to manage a team of 6, produce snacks, desserts, breads, sweets, ice creams, sorbets, rusks, pies, cookies, etc for the Deli and prepare desserts/pastry orientated food items for 5 kitchens...2 of them are on the same property, 3 of them are on different properties. 

Anyway... here is a youtube video that I approve of that depicts a bit about Stellenbosch. I would have taken them to a few more and better Winefarms though...

• Like! 1
On 5/26/2021 at 3:59 AM, Delta! said:

I moved back to Stellenbosch about 18months ago. Have been on a bit of a 360° turn. Left the kitchen to go work at a supplier of Specialty foods... only made it for the 3 months probation period and then I was let go, just before covid19 and the lockdown hit South Africa, got a job as Head Of Pastry and Production, Basically I have to manage a team of 6, produce snacks, desserts, breads, sweets, ice creams, sorbets, rusks, pies, cookies, etc for the Deli and prepare desserts/pastry orientated food items for 5 kitchens...2 of them are on the same property, 3 of them are on different properties. 

Anyway... here is a youtube video that I approve of that depicts a bit about Stellenbosch. I would have taken them to a few more and better Winefarms though...

Love this video Theuns... thrills me that someone I know for years now is living in such a beautiful place of world.  Your career o'er now has spanned years (my lord is time going by that fast! :oooo: ) from learning pastry chef to now o'erseer of produdction for all these confections.. so proud to read and that you share! Stellenbosch looks grand!

:dance2:

gogo

• Thanks! 1
3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Love this video Theuns... thrills me that someone I know for years now is living in such a beautiful place of world.  Your career o'er now has spanned years (my lord is time going by that fast! :oooo: ) from learning pastry chef to now o'erseer of produdction for all these confections.. so proud to read and that you share! Stellenbosch looks grand!

gogo

You should come and visit. Your Canadian Dollar is worth R 11.41 (South Africa has the Rand as a currency), so it will be less expensive for you... And you will have a guide for Wine farms around here...

• Thanks! 1
7 hours ago, Delta! said:

You should come and visit. Your Canadian Dollar is worth R 11.41 (South Africa has the Rand as a currency), so it will be less expensive for you... And you will have a guide for Wine farms around here...

Thinking of travelling indeed! This year were closed out because of Covid...and we have a huge family wedding anniversary already planned next year in Barbados...but after ... the world is a shining friend!

gogo

• Respect! 1