Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

nice dubs there rusto.

Even though I'm more into oldskool when it comes to drum and bass, it's the other way around for me with dubstep.

I think the more recent dubstep plates are just crazy. Ofcourse some oldtimers are just nasty beats too :D

Some of my favourite dub plates:

* Running - Chase and status

* Sweet Shop - Doctor P

*Best set intro to dub I ever heard. This set is from Cookie Monster, set intro is 'Misunderstood'

And tonns of other dub plates ofcourse.

hahah

Chase and status reminds me of old (s)"cool" Indochine ... beginning of it anyway... 80 's .... but I like where chase goes off after about a third ... I love being surprised, especially with music.

:D

gogo

currently (while typing) listening to: some examples for short but cool to watch insane bass solos:

..and for 2010 in particular, most of the time anything that fits into:

Funk/Funk Rock/Funk Metal/Free Jazz/Jazz Rock/Fusion

..aso: local alternative/underground/non-mainstream artists+bands in my home country

..in addition, some sort of 'all-time favourite' genres you'll find in my playlists:

Alternative/Crossover/Grunge/Post Grunge/Ska Punk/Punk Rock/Stoner Rock/ all that weed smoking hippie stuff etc...

Heavy Metal/Folk Metal/Viking Metal/Trash Metal/Power Metal/Speed Metal/Progressive Metal/Symphonic Metal etc..

Country&Western/Folk/"Medieval" stuff

Hip Hop/Drum'N'Bass/Techno

Classical Music/Opera/Musical

pretty much a bit of anything and everything else he ?

No! there is a ittle thing I absolutely HATE I just CAN'T stand it, makes me go crazy..

so because I think everybody should be granted to hear the music they like and not be judged by it, I just ask politely to turn it down..

and if this doesn't help me trying to ignore what I hear concentrating on anything else in the room, I just leave or put some headphones on.

umpf.. so if you have to, just go for ignorant mainstream german+austrian schlager or dull industry forced/promoted pop.. YUCK!

PS: no I don't play any instruments ;)

(if I were about to choose one, it would be bass, especially after that insane solos I've seen above)

only my elder brother does still play,

he went to music school playing guitar ('principal' subject) - as did my sister, and my younger bro ;)

just my father and I, never did for some reason (I never really know why^^)

Edited by Rotluchs

Nice stuff proma, I'd heard the first two allready ofc, but like em :) With dnb I definetly prefer the older stuff, with dubstep I like old, new, and related lol. That includes a bit of 2 step and hyperdub.

This has a special place in my heart, after being a spray painter for 8 years :heat: deep

and even deeper

oops I did it again

And an all time fav dnb track:

Edited by Rusto

edit: I said I like the older dnb, although there was a recent phase where it went ultra deep, and it had me hooked

heres an example

wish I could remember the names of some of the others, but I cant...

Cool vid kotr and very unique vocals. So cool to hear japanese vocals with american pitch and intonation. Oh and the video rocks! Love that anime. ^^

You know Rusto and Proma, I gotta say I'm amazed at just how many types of dnb there are. Just when I thought I heard it all I listen to your tracks and there yah go. Somethin new. Cool stuffs guys. :) Got my thinking about a couple of my own faves. EDIT: Love that Commix track you just put. :)

Chilled to perfection

Or speedy Gonzalez (If anything at all start at 3:25. Really nice kick off there.)

But all time fave has got to be proppellerheads and mr scruff!

@gogo: Biiiiiig hair! ;) Tha Daze of 80's indeed. You and Jenn would probably have loads to talk about on the music scene then. ^^ Dalbelo? Haha.

@Rotluchs: Looooove thems bass. Awesome riffs omg. Do you listen to deep house? If you're listening to those riffs and yah like funk then you probably should! Jay Denes' Naked Music rocks. :heat:

Cheesy vid but love that sound!

Great vids schot :heat: and yea Mr Scruff is cool, seen him live early in his career, with the trademark waitresses serving tea and sandwhichs! At a club lol

Also, I love deep house too :)

There are tonns and tonns of drum and bass subgenres. Add to that the fact that a lot of D&B records reach out to other, often not even remotely similar, genres, and you get why I love it so much

The 'softer' drum and bass, known as liquid is more available to the public at large though.

Here are some classic liquids that are enjoyable to people who aren't usually into drum and bass.

Look up some more of those artists if you are captured by them :)

Netsky - Mellow. (Happy hardcore = original) Defo one of the big Liquid producers.

Other ones I really like are Starlight (big big liquid tune), tomorrow's another day, Secret agent, I refuse, Come back home and tonns more. Mellow captures his style perfectly to me though

Chase and status - Streetlife

Jenna G ft. Chase and status - In love

(Love this tune. Very suited song for chilling out in general)

DJ Tapolsky - Bass Rezolution

Danny Byrd - Round and round.

tonns of liquid producers out there. Too many to know em all. But in these parts, those are defo considered the 'main liquid producers'.

specially netsky is focussed allmost solely on producing 'liquid'.

PS: Love underwater scene Rusto. Uploaded to Ipod :)

Edited by promatolya
I need more Hatsune Miku music. I just love the sound of her voice

She is indeed amazing!

Here is another Tripshot creation:

And here are two just for fun -- not really singing, but using her as a pure synthesizer :)

Edit note:

LOL The site filter doesn't like the youtube address of the second video -- there is an unfortunate random string of characters halfway through :D

So the second video can be found by removing the space :omg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--jpFu cKjsI

Edited by KnightoftheRose

Idolm@ster meets goth -- Iori and her death bunny (Ami and Mami as backup :) )

Do a youtube search of idolmaster and relations if you want to see/hear the original version. It will give you an even greater appriciation of the goth remake.

I need more Hatsune Miku music. I just love the sound of her voice

She is indeed amazing!

Here is another Tripshot creation:

Edit note:

LOL The site filter doesn't like the youtube address of the second video -- there is an unfortunate random string of characters halfway through :gun2:

So the second video can be found by removing the space :whip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--jpFu cKjsI

Thank you KnightoftheRose.

P.S. To everyone on the forums, Please help satisfy my Mikuitus(aka My addiction to Hatsune Miku)

dug out something completely different than usual for a long playlist this evening:

Days of the New / 3 Doors Down / Jerry Cantrell / Alter Bridge / 12 Stones / Black Label Society / Bush / Godsmack / Puddle of Mud / Screaming Trees / Seether / Silverchair / Staind / Temple of the Dog / The Nightwatchman(Tom Morello) / Three Days Grace / Black Stone Cherry / Metallica (early) / Alice in Chains / Audioslave / Motörhead / Pearl Jam / Rage against the Machine / Soundgarden / The Prodigy / Photek / Faith No More / Mind Funk / Queens of the Stoneage / Beastie Boys / Defunkt / Primus ..(etc.)

but first on top of this , some Clutch ...

Edited by Rotluchs
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just made a playlist for when I am walking home from the gym to help me chill out:

the clash- straight to hell

the smiths- please please please let me

tears for fears- mad world

jacks manequinn- the mixed tape

alanis morissette

eric clapton- wonderful tonight

john mayer- free falling

the shins- pink bullet

all amazing songs cant stop listening to this playlist!

Grind much? Need relief?

"Tell us more about your day here, and forget about the hard labour of console gaming."

Here you will find, over time, a list of gamers alike, favorite musical adventures.

I won't be shy!

All time favorite, no question!

Share!

I remain, Etherian

~p.s.~ careful with thy neck young apprentice!

Great topic, I'll post one. The song is Excalibur, and is originally by Grave Digger, but was performed by Iced Earth (amazing) and Blind Guardian! Very epic.

P.S.- Does anyone play an instrument on our forum? I play jazz on the sax :D

Edited by ryanrocker1217
Very epic.

ahh a mixture of death w/ a hinge of speed, ROCK on!

Music to my ears at 2:51-3:22. The guitar solo is amazing. The high end effect does it for me with the... :D

Thank You!

I remain, Etherian

Nice stuff guys. :)

In celebration of the "Currently Listening to..." topic's 2000th post I hereby sticky it as the most popular topic in all of MediaMatters-dom! Play on folks! :music: