Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

Apollo 440 reminds me of Prodigy.

Also, the riff in the song is actually borrowed from Van Halens "Let's talk about love". Check it out.

I'm feeling groovy today, so some stoner-doom would be appropriate:

• 1 month later...

Sunday we were sorting out old discs from the pre-CD area. Since we have a very big barn many people asked to store stuff. And from time to time I phone them if they want it back now (normally after 5 years). A friend said I can keep his collection of old records so I was making a catalog of the near 600 LPs and 800 singles.

Some records are nowadays or were in former times sensored:

'Virgin Killer' from the Scorpions because of the cover photo from the first pressing.

'8 miles high' from dutch band Golden earring (original was from the Byrds). Texts were thought to be pro drugs.

Uriah Heep's Fallen Angel was in the collection too, but not sensored as far as I know.

And a very funny LP-Cover from a canadian band which made me thinking about Gogo's avatar.

CAN-9216-10054-Front.gif

I actually censored the 'Heep cover myself in Paint.

There is supposed to be a little nipple at the left breast, so I took it away in fear being lynched be the admins.. :)

Ahh, I thought the cover would be different for american market. Because my cover had the said body part shown and I was unsure if there were censored covers around.

I am more listenening to the gregorian chant version from uriah heeps 'lady in black' nowadays. I was at 3 life concerts from the gregorians and I got somehow used to their version.

I believe the original painting had the said body part covered, but was altered when printed on Heep's album.

I much prefer the earlier work of Uriah Heep, but the releases with John Lawton on vocals are not too bad actually.

Still, I feel they lack the spirit they once had when David Byron was the singer.

In my opinion, the second release, "Salisbury", and all the way up to the 6th release "Sweet Freedom" are their best albums ever.

I can recommend their music to everyone who likes a driving and colorful band.

Even if you have to cross your favourite genre, these guys are truly worth checking out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are still fighting through all the packets of vinyl and CD's friends stored in our barn and didn't want back. My daughter put the ones she likes on her new Terrabyte disc. Her current favourite is:

Nits was played very often while I was at army: Dutch mountains and all their other songs. But nowadays I can't remember when I listened to them last time in radio.

We are still fighting through all the packets of vinyl and CD's friends stored in our barn and didn't want back. My daughter put the ones she likes on her new Terrabyte disc. Her current favourite is:

Nits was played very often while I was at army: Dutch mountains and all their other songs. But nowadays I can't remember when I listened to them last time in radio.

Hmm.. I though there was something familiar with that melody.

Now I know! It's the Breton cider-song "Son ar chistr".

It reminds me a bit of it.

Hmm.. I though there was something familiar with that melody.

Now I know! It's the Breton cider-song "Son ar chistr".

It reminds me a bit of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What are some really good modern instrumental groups?

Well.. that depends really.

What are you into? Most electronica doesn't contain vocals. (Unless it's electronic pop)

Also rave is usually instrumental I guess.

I can't really think of any particular band that plays only instrumental.

Ofcourse, classical composers like Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, etc don't use singers, but with you particularly wanting "modern" music, I doubt those are ideal.

Anyway, here's what I'm listening to right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhaV-fsG3rE&fmt=18

• 2 weeks later...

How you define 'modern' instrumental music?

Is it last years, or a time frame like gothic, renaissance, barock, .. so would be last 100 years.

Shadows: Apache

moog synthesizers:

Rick Wakeman: The Six Wives of Henry VIII ?

Emerson, Lake and Palmer: Pictures at an Exhibition

Midi

Michael Rother: Katzenmusik

Harald Faltermeier, later Harold Faltermeyer: Axel F

Vangelis: Conquest of Paradise

I had a cousine who did ice dancing and she was allways looking for instrumental music. Ah, forgot these ones:

Werner Thomas: Vogerltanz - better known in its covered versions: Dance little bird, Chicken Dance, ...

Karlheinz Stockhausen. probably the most creative of all

True about modern. A station we had here in Montreal used to be the only rock station... CHOM...then it started playing something it now calls "classic rock"

hmmm

what's classic rock? :4rofl:

One of my friends in a metal band who's also classical schooled now says he tries as much as possible to date music so that he can get a better fix on what exactly people are talking about.

And me this morning? Strange find on DI.FM

Chip tunes.

Think Atari music made more musical?

Yeah I'm looking for another station.

:)

gogo