Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

Sitting at volunter firefighters, window opened and listening to chorus singing on main place, which includes or 3 oldest daughters. One of my favourite x-mas songs and fitting to a village surrounded by a forest and a pond a tmain place, which was used for fire fighting in old times. Today the pond is deep frozen and used for skating by the kids.

Here is a video with an english singer singing the song in german, but english translation unterlayed:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are songs like Rap (protest songs) ,emotional songs (first love...) which are more text than music based. But it is easier to follow text in the language you are used too. So many popular english songs don't find a broad audience in countries speaking other languages. Same other way around: text based german songs will never find a way into english countries, just look at the few ones which did:

Trio "Da Da Da", Nena "99 Luftballoons", all had to do english versions.

There are songs like Rap (protest songs) ,emotional songs (first love...) which are more text than music based. But it is easier to follow text in the language you are used too. So many popular english songs don't find a broad audience in countries speaking other languages. Same other way around: text based german songs will never find a way into english countries, just look at the few ones which did:

Trio "Da Da Da", Nena "99 Luftballoons", all had to do english versions.

But wasn't the German version of 99 Luftballoons the one that hit the charts in the US?

Both versions hit the charts in USA. American soldiers returning from garnisons in germany brought the german version to america and it went on 1 of sales chart and 2 for played at radio. But in great britain only the english version hit the charts.

• 2 weeks later...

For years, I thought the songs were sung by a woman till I found out who the artist was. Even then, I wasn't convinced until I found his live performances. o.o

And I don't know whether to feel jealous or pity for you... especially if he also owns Starcraft 2. >>;;;

We trained this song yesterday with our 'family orchestra' to be performed at the 90th birthday of the grandma of my wife. The old lady grew up in the alpes. The video is a big chorus doing the song. Maybe you listen to it even it is in german and not the italian original version.

So our family orchestra was: The 3 year old twins with tamburines and humming, my wife and our second with guitars and vocals, our oldest with accordeon and vocals, the third with Zither and vocals and for the luck of all me not singing but playing a mouth-organ/harmonica instead of my tuba.

My wife says this song is good for the eyes of the old lady, it makes her sentimental and whining. Probably it is god for the eyes of my wife too, same reasons.

Edited by chattius

My playlist gets updated on an almost weekly basis adding more songs mostly.

Queen, Kelly Clarkson, t.A.T.u, Christina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, Michelle Branch, Pink, Shania Twain, Rihanna, Frou Frou, Adam Lambert, Dido, Madonna. mostly pop music or top 40 songs.

But I'm a big sucker for songs from movies, especially animation movies, Alladin, Lion king, Shrek, Little Mermaid etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice list on your profile there, Lelo.

Perhaps not the kind of music I would normally favour, except for Loreena Mckennitt.

She has some nice songs, like Santiago.

If you like that kind of music, perhaps you like this one then:

It's a beautiful coversong by the folk band Blackmore's Night, featuring Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple and Rainbow.

I recently discovered these guys, and I like their music.

• Like! 1

Very nice music...It's the first time I ever listen to these guys..but I like them. :agreed:

Yeah, I think they're pretty good.

The song was originally made by a British prog-rock band called "Renaissance" sometimes during the 70's, but I think this version is nicer.

Glad you liked it ^^