Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's a band I came across as part of an ad posted by way of Farmville. They're a speed metal band called Dragonforce. Hey, with a name like that, I just HAD to look 'em up. Even if you aren't really into warp speed metal, these guys are pretty cool to watch/listen to.

They've got two lead guitars and they are INCREDIBLE to watch.

Thinking THIS track would make good theme music for say, Sacred 3.. :D

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

Well.. That sure worked. MUCH easier than the previous method with the old software. :D

As for sounding like Geddy Lee... Nah.. He doesn't quite have the right octaves. Nor the patent pending Geddy Growl.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Watched an old Jet Li flick another day, namely the movie adaptation of Heaven Sword, Dragon Saber, and stumbled upon this Chinese duet:

It's been a long time since I heard this song. Sounded very out of place when used during a fight scene, but it was appropriate as a theme song for the movie. Too bad my Cantonese is not up to par.

• Like! 1

Sadly training hunting horn again. Final halali to one of my nature teachers (aged 97). I won't be this good, but we have at least 11 other blowers to overplay my mistakes.

For a hunting license in germany you have to know hornsignals:

begin of hunt, hunt over, boar is dead, deer is dead, ... So the hunt is over is typical on funerals of a person who was a hunter.

• Like! 1

Here's a band I came across as part of an ad posted by way of Farmville. They're a speed metal band called Dragonforce. Hey, with a name like that, I just HAD to look 'em up. Even if you aren't really into warp speed metal, these guys are pretty cool to watch/listen to.

They've got two lead guitars and they are INCREDIBLE to watch.

Thinking THIS track would make good theme music for say, Sacred 3.. :D

I like Dragonforce; they kinda remind of Blind Guardian's style of music, that's probably why they would sound good for a Sacred 3 soundtrack.

'Through the Fire and Flames' was used for the game 'Guitar Hero' if I remember correctly.

Eh.. If you mean metal.. then yes, but I think they're two very distinct types of metal that only overlap in the fantasy realm. DragonForce - especially their older material - is hard core speedmetal while Blind Guardian has more elements of Progressive Metal - sort of a cross between the Moody Blues, Queen and Dream Theater.

Sacred Worlds - the title track from the game - has elements of all three - Days of Future Past (the Moody Blues album that featured the London Festival Orchestra), the multilayered vocals (pioneered by Freddy Mercury of Queen) and the drama and pomp of Dream Theater's collective works.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I'm obsessed with Madeon right now :D I love listening to his music, and not to mention he isn't that bad looking xD and a little fun fact for all those PS3 fans out there. If you watch the opening sequence to "Playstation All-stars: Battle Royal" this song is the song that plays with the opening :o he is only 18!

18? I always love how with the net distribution is so good, one with talent, no matter what age, can have so much reach, specially with music. sigh...I keep listening to that song Nick, for your birthday, this is the gift you gave me huh ^^

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Currently listening to Finale by Madeon

P.S. Thats cool how IPBoard now auto embeds youtube :D

Love it too, it's actually good technology that makes these postings super friendly.

yeah, listening to this song again ^^

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

Ok. I confess.. I've been delving into the sordid world of... K-Pop...

It all started when that Psy dude had his big hit a while back - Gangnam Style. I wanted to see the original video on youtube was - just to see what all the hubub was about. I happened to notice below the video there were, of course, suggestions. Among them, there was a "dance cover" of the horsey dance in Gangnam Style by some girls who go to school in Korea to learn professional dance. It seems there are a number of these schools and they have teams which compete on YouTube these days for who's got the best immitation of the original.

From there, I found another "dance cover" by another school. And after hearing the song - I had to look up the band and thus, I came upon this video..

The band is called Sistar - they're sorta like the Spice Girls - except they're Korean and have more talent. (Just my opinion)

Now who can tell me why these girls - who are all smokin' HOT - would be dumped by their guys?

• Like! 1

Ok. I confess.. I've been delving into the sordid world of... K-Pop...

It all started when that Psy dude had his big hit a while back - Gangnam Style. I wanted to see the original video on youtube was - just to see what all the hubub was about. I happened to notice below the video there were, of course, suggestions. Among them, there was a "dance cover" of the horsey dance in Gangnam Style by some girls who go to school in Korea to learn professional dance. It seems there are a number of these schools and they have teams which compete on YouTube these days for who's got the best immitation of the original.

From there, I found another "dance cover" by another school. And after hearing the song - I had to look up the band and thus, I came upon this video..

The band is called Sistar - they're sorta like the Spice Girls - except they're Korean and have more talent. (Just my opinion)

Now who can tell me why these girls - who are all smokin' HOT - would be dumped by their guys?

Wait, were they singing? :dance2:

(I'm still rolling my tongue back into my mouth) :drool:

Part of the tune reminded me of that old 'Staying Alive' song by the Bee Gees, except for the fact that the Bee Gee's video made me want to commit seppuku with my atari 2600 joystick. :nono:

Yeah.. I know what you mean about the Bee Gees.. Fortunately, they're no longer singing like the castrated choir boys there were. At least, not on THIS plane of existance.

At least the girls in that video are suppose to hit those high notes - as younger women are supposed to be able to sing soprano without such alteration...

It's not hard to have more style and talent than the spice girls.

Too true. :D These gals are even better looking than the Spice Girls. At least, none of them go by the nickname of "Scary"

Edited by wolfie2kX

They actually pull off 'sexy' as opposed to the Spice Girls'... whatever they're supposed to be. :P

I'm sure somewhere along the way, you probably have heard of Girls Generation. Specifically, 'Gee'. Here's one take of the dance video I happen to be impressed by:

Compare to the original: