Currently Listening to... Share your music!

Guest gogoblender

Eh.. Dunno what's so bad about going into the field of Directing.. Looks will only get you just so far before they run out. And then what? Character roles? Bit parts?

But as the director - he's got the power... He sets the scene and has everyone doing what he wants so far as the scene is concerned. Its not such a bad life.

Just to clear things up, I have nothing against him directing, nor do I have anything against him doing bit parts and ten second cameos. It's because of his 'being there' in one cameo that it reminded me of his appearance in Castle as Rick's number one fan, which I thought was funny, hence quoting Castle.

And now that I've gotten all nostalgic over Jonathan Frakes and Michael Dorn, and Star Trek in general...

Edited by Aegis

I got as much - after playing the clip. :D Still - don't see any real justification for the barb. Probably is one of those inside jokes we mere outsiders to the industry would never quite fathom.

This a capella was OK.. tho I've seen a few that I've come across that are better. There's one in particular which I thought was amazing - but I'll be hanged if I can find the bleeping link.. Youtube strikes again.. GAAAH!

I wouldn't take that scene seriously anyway. Castle is sarcastic to begin with, plus Mr. Frakes showed up in that cameo as a hardcore comic/sci-fi nerd, so we just take it in stride and laugh with them. ;)

I just got that one for the 'whooooooosh' and 'pew-pew-pew' than the quality of the a capella, given that he missed some of those notes. But I wouldn't mind finding a better one as well. And, ugh, I lose enough music because YT struck down those vids before I even think to get them. >.o

Now, for a new distraction, ever wonder what kind of theme you would play for summoning a zonkin' satellite? This would probably be it:

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing as I put the first three trailers in this thread, might as well add the fourth and final one here as well:

Yellow

Pretty much is a medley of red, white, and black along with a little bit of new music in the end to complete the 'Yellow' trailer. If only the voice acting was as good as the rest...

Holy Moley! RWBY's first episode will be debuting TOMORROW. If you're interested in seeing it - you can catch it on MTV Geek's web site - they will be streaming the event.

You can get the details here... It will be debuting at the San Diego Comic Con at 11 am Pacific Time on Thursday July 18th...

By the by... The name RWBY does not stand for Red, White, Black and Yellow. It's the names of the four girls - Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang

OK.. So it's not so much of a stretch to figure out which color is which. And I'm not so sure how the Chinese name "Yang" goes with Yellow. Since most Chinese people have dark hair - unless they're ripping off that old Star Trek episode where Kirk and company wind up on a parallel earth like planet where the Chinese won WWIII and the name Yankee got corrupted into Yang... Ok.. It's a stretch...

I wouldn't take those names too seriously, given that the world setting is completely made up (hell, the geography of said world was created via food stains on a napkin), therefore in spite of the Chinese naming used, I really doubt Yang is Chinese, just like I doubt Weiss is German. And I have indeed seen the pilot episode, and if nothing else, I feel much better about the voice acting, and hope to hear it improve. Got your anime and western cliches, but that's OK. I was expecting all of that along with the same fast paced action as seen in the trailers.

Ruby Rose

Also, the Yang used, assuming it's the word I'm thinking of, means 'sunlight', hence the relation to the color yellow.

Did you spot the easter egg they threw in toward the end?

Glynda Goodwitch... Gee.. Could that be the Glynda the Good Witch of the East - from Wizard of Oz...

All in all, it's gotten off to a butt kicking start with Ruby ripping the baddies a new one. :woot:

I give it :thumbs::thumbs:

Yeah, the name sparked something in my mind the moment I heard it. No surprise given the fairy tale inspiration of even the main cast. =)

I am looking forward to the next episode. :D

As long as Red doesn't turn into a pair of slippers.. I'm good. :D

In the mean time, I found this extended version of the Yellow theme - Not bad if you're into the techno thing...

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • 2 weeks later...

There are only a few songs giving me goosebumps. Our third will perform this song with the school orchestra. She is too young to allways connect this song with german reunion, or when itt was played in front of 300000 people in moscow at invitation of Gorbatschov.

Epic video! I remember seeing them on tour in 1989 - in support of this album. It wasn't quite the same without a philharmonic backing them up but it was still quite good. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. EVAR!

Yes, I was visiting Scorpions with an orchestra at another concert. It was kinda funny: The people normally visiting orchestras were silent and seemed to be a bit annoyed by the rock fans who waved arms even at the orchestra start with no band. At the end all were standing and singing.

Many people I met in scandinavia think Scorpions did only 'Rock you like a hurricane' which seems to be played while ice hockey. When I asked what is ice hockey, they were confused. Hell are there really people playing hockey on ice and not on a nice green gras field? :P

I doubt I need to introduce Metallica.

Been following them since their first album, saw them once at the Monsters of Rock festival at Woensdrecht Airfield - aka Eindhoven airport - when they released their album "Load". Was in fact #1,501 in the cue for the free 1,500 copy's of that album. I was never more disappointed as that moment in my life.

Currently I'm enjoying this concert on PC and so are my neighbours :D

Thorin \m/

My 10 year daughter listened to the Harp Twins. She asked if they would be known if not twins and good looking. Our 10 year old is playing a lot of different instruments and likes to sing and play theatre. But her size is her problem. She is way taller than all the boys in her class and she will probably grow as big as her oldest sister 1.95cm.

In three theatre playings at school she always had to play a male part. So when she is frustrated she says that she will play Mittelalterrock if she is older. She plays electric zither and nyckelharpa so far which can be played at Mittelalterrock.

I usually not a big fan of Canton pop, but this one caught my attention not for the singer or the lyrics (which is still essentially a dramatic sappy love song like many of them sung by a pretty face), but for the cello part.

Now, what would that song sound like with mainly the cello and no vocals? Apparently, you get this:

Those who have watched Escaflowne: A Girl in Gaea, most would agree that the one thing good about the movie that anyone can agree upon was its music. Afterall... it's Yoko Kanno composing. Thus I stumble upon this beautiful piece of art:

Her be the vocalist of Sora, Shanti Snyder, performing live in the Japan Expo 2011:

Aside from that big bright smile of her's, there's also something about the way she stretches and rolls her head during her performance of Sora that kept my eyes glued to the monitor. I don't know why. o.o

Onto a completely unrelated topic, a snippet of the new Killer Instinct:

Yesterday evening family was harvesting elderberries and I showed how to create flutes from elderberry branches. Also piping on gras blades to imitate young does, ...

Funny and strange concert ;)

I have been a huge classical music kick lately. Normally I'm it's heavy metal blasting through my stereo, but today it's

Mussorgsky

Ravel

Prokofiev

Makes for great Wiki-working music!